The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh youngsters extend their time

+2
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
6 posters

Go down

Edinburgh youngsters extend their time Empty Edinburgh youngsters extend their time

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:20 pm

19-yr old Harry Leonard and 20-yr old Gregor Hunter are the latest players to commit their future to the club, following on from the contract extensions of captain Greig Laidlaw, and forward units David Denton, Stuart McInally, Sean Cox and Steven Turnbull: Edinburgh re-signings - great news for Scottish rugby and the youngsters

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh youngsters extend their time Empty Re: Edinburgh youngsters extend their time

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm

All good news, particularly young Leonard.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh youngsters extend their time Empty Re: Edinburgh youngsters extend their time

Post by RDW Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Good to see, although not much of a surprise really.

Reckon this will be the beginning of the end for (good)Godman? He's been a great servant for Edinburgh but has lost any semblance of his abilities that he used to have before his bad injury and we've got 3 good 10's at the club now.

He must be on a pretty good salary too (internationalist) so would free some money up!

Send him and Webster down to London Scottish when their contracts expire in the summer - both experienced internationalists who could do a good job in the championship.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am

Godman was awful in the game against Glasgow, he also looked like he had his pus mauled off by a bear in the 2nd half. His ear was almost hanging off, he had a cut cheek and a broken nose.

Great news on the 2 youngsters signing up for Edinburgh.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:18 pm

RDW - agree with that suggestion. Both could do a job in the championship and would bring much experience. Hopefully players like Fleming and Robertson can get back into the Edinburgh set-up and put down a challange to Lee Jones, who needs a kick up the backside in my opinion.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Props Lewis Niven, Geoff Cross and Robin Hislop have all agreed to contract extenstions: Re-signings

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Great news and a vital cog in Scotland's renewal. Must keep their young talent at home.

Are Edinburgh fans happy with Bradley? He seems to have brought the Irish HC focus attitude with him. Loving the rugby they play too.

Love to see em in the HC QF's. That would be brilliant.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Particularly pleasing news about Cross. Edinburgh should fight hard to keep that front row trio together.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:31 pm

South African prop on Edinburgh's transfer list: W P Nel

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Despite my usual stance on foreign players playing for the Scottish teams, this guy could be an absolute beast for Edinburgh and take their scrum to the next level.

If a quality international player becomes available that will genuinely add to the side then I'm favour. Cross can't play every game, and whilst there have been glimpses of Niven showing promise, to have a player like Nel on the roster should hopefully mean Edinburghs Heineken Cup performances this season aren't a blip.

I thought Euan Murray may also be a target for Edinburgh, but if he can get regular rugby in the Aviva next season, then I'd be happy for Nel to play. In the same way that Talei brings something to the party, I'd have no problem with Nel.

Lozada on the other hand should I think be replaced. There are a few locks coming through the ranks, Gilchrist should be nailed to the 4 jersey at Edinburgh next season and there's Nick Campbell, Rob McAlpine and the younger Gray coming through (two should go to Glasgow and one to Edinburgh). I'd be fine with one of those guys supplementing Gilchrist, Turnbull and Cox next season. Harsh on Lozada, but he's not good enough to take up a slot in my opinion.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I know nothing about this guys - is he being touted because "he is foreign so must be good" or is he actually a good prop?

All for it if he is actually a top player and isn't just getting signed because he is foreign and has become available.

Would prefer Euge though!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:50 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I know nothing about this guys - is he being touted because "he is foreign so must be good" or is he actually a good prop?

All for it if he is actually a top player and isn't just getting signed because he is foreign and has become available.

Would prefer Euge though!

He played for the Babaas in the victory over the all blacks in 09? cant remember him specifically, but he must be half decent.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am

Here's his highlights vid: http://worldartists.pl.privatelabel.co.za/page/clients/video/674686-WP-Nel-Video

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:00 am

Basically a tighthead version of Chunk.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Wow they are some impressive highlights - would be a great signing by the look of things!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down