The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown Spoilers

3 posters

Go down

Smackdown Spoilers Empty Smackdown Spoilers

Post by ADMIN Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 am

Dark Match:

Former WWE NXT star Percy Watson defeated Drew McIntyre. McIntyre had decent heat during the match. Drew went for the Future Shock DDT and Watson got a quick roll up. Said to be decent.

WWE SmackDown! (Airing Friday):

Edge is out to open the show. It's Edge vs. Brodus Clay right now. Edge won with a spear. Alberto Del Rio came out post-match and took out Edge. Christian came out for the save. Teddy Long then came out and said we'll have a cage match between Christian and Del Rio tonight.

US Champion Sheamus defeated IC Champion Kofi Kingston with the Brogue kick.

Kane/Big Show backstage segment. They tried to chokeslam each other. Really.

Cody Rhodes defeated Trent Baretta in a squash. Rhodes has a new theme.

Layla defeated Kelly Kelly. Michelle McCool was on commentary during this and distracted Kelly Kelly to help Layla win the match.

The Big Show and Kane vs. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater for the WWE Tag Team Titles is up next. The Big Show and Kane won via DQ. They were both attacked by The Corre afterwards.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters with an ankle lock. Post-match saw Michael Cole come out of his announcer box and put the ankle lock on Masters as well.

Rey Mysterio defeated Ted DiBiase Jr. with 619.

Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in the main event cage match. This was said to have been really good. Christian won after escaping the cage. Edge came out after the match in Alberto Del Rio's car and threatened to destroy it. Brodus Clay came out and Del Rio joined with him to beat down Edge. Del Rio also used a chair on Edge's arm. This ends SmackDown!.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoilers Empty Re: Smackdown Spoilers

Post by talkingpoint Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

wish the cage match had been announced last week as the main event I'm tired of all this 'spontaneous' booking that Teddy seems to do. Del Rio has done a really good job raising his profile before Mania both on Raw and SD this week.

The Big Show/Kane/Corre feud really doesn't appeal to me - I think in some respects its a waste - Kane was world heavy weight champ last year for 4 months and he did an excellent job on the mic in the build up to Taker's return, now he's relegated to a rushed tag match at Mania, which no one really cares about and looks absolutely irrelevent. Imo Big Show needs to go no one really gets a rub from feuding with him.

Edge winning by Spear on Brodus Clay sounds really stupid - the guy is humongous and I really don't think a spear would do it, not given the distance of a wrestling ring (a rugby pitch maybe). I think Edge should have won via submission again, it would have been far more realistic.

Glad Sheamus got another win, maybe he should be the one to unify the US and IC titles? Pity Kingston is likely to be involved in the Corre match otherwise they could have set it up for Mania.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Thought Edge & Christian were meant to be going up against Justin Gabriel and Julianne Moore?

The Kane/Big Show segment sounds awesome:

"You're a douche Kane!"

"No you're a douche Big Show!"

"Well I'm gonna chokeslam you right now!"

"Nuh-uh! I'm gonna chokeslam YOU right now!"

Smile

Sounds like the rebuilding of Sheamus might have begun. Wonder what he'll do at Wrestlemania?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:02 pm

thoroughly enjoyable SD! I thought it was one of the best SD's in a long time.

Although it was a squash match I really liked how the Cody Rhodes match set up his WM27 match with Mysterio - the way he has a vicious streak in him now and exploiting the advantage his face shield gives him. Mysterio's own match was entertaining - Dibiase's reversal slam was very impressive and he put over Mysterio well. I was actually quite impressed by Chris Master's reversal of the arm lock Swagger had him in turning it into a samoan drop. And the main event between Del Rio and Christian was very impressive - Del Rio looked really strong and even though I thought he overacted being too tired to climb the cage the move set he displayed was great and kicking out of the killswitch showed he had heart. Good ending too with Edge getting jumped by Brodus and having his arm smashed by Del Rio with the chairs.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down