The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown! Spoilers

+4
Bull
TopoftheChops
JoshSansom
Holymiky
8 posters

Go down

Smackdown! Spoilers Empty Smackdown! Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:05 am

WWE Smackdown opens with Alberto Del Rio complaining about Edge and Christian at Wrestlemania. Del Rio said he would take the World title. Edge comes driving out in a wrecker towing Del Rio's damaged car. They go back and forth. Teddy Long announces a that later tonight it would be Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio with the winner challenging Edge for the World title in a Ladder Match at the Extreme Rules PPV.

Kane, Big Show,Kofi Kingston & Santino Marella defeated The Corre in a Best of Three Falls bout. Kofi pinned Justin Gabriel in the first fall with a crossbody off the top rope. Way more competitive than the Mania bout. Wade Barrett pinned Santino with Wasteland in the Second Fall. The Corre was disqualified in the final fall when Kane was triple teamed as he tried to chokeslam Barrett. Show's team made a comeback, ending with Kane, Show and Santino all teaming to chokeslam Ezekiel Jackson.

*Sn Cara vignette gets a big pop.

*Cody Rhodes defeated Trent Baretta with CrossRhodes. Rey Mysterio runs out to make the save for Trent.

*They are pushing that they will air the Rock-Cena segment from Raw.

*Christian and Edge discuss the possibility that they will have to face off for the World title at Extreme Rules. Edge leaves briefly and Christian gets a good look at the belt.

*Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix defeated Lay-Cool after Kelly pinned Layla with a rollup after Michelle McCool went to the floor complaining of a back injury. McCool blamed Layla after the loss.

*Michael Cole and Jack Swagger comes out and cut a promo where Cole brags about beating Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania. Swagger says it was easy to train Cole. Sin Cara comes out, does his entrance and takes out Swagger with a corkscrew dive to the floor.

*Layla informed McCool she signed them up for couple's therapy. McCool told her they weren't a couple and Layla told her to just show up.

*Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.

Back to top Go down

Smackdown! Spoilers Empty Re: Smackdown! Spoilers

Post by Holymiky Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Seems pretty interesting and i'm glad they are trying to get Sin Cara over on both shows.

I really thought Christian was gonna win but thinking about it now it wouldn't of worked cos both Edge and Christian are face atm.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:12 am

Holymiky wrote:Seems pretty interesting and i'm glad they are trying to get Sin Cara over on both shows.

I really thought Christian was gonna win but thinking about it now it wouldn't of worked cos both Edge and Christian are face atm.

This could be the start of a rivalry though... Christian looking at Edge's belt and realising that he wants to win the title himself etc.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 06 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

del rio is going to job to edge

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:01 pm

Christian will try and help edge at extreme rules but by mistake will cost edge the title thus making edge turn heel and make Del rio champ then we have a triple threat

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

Hmm, Christian being jealous of Edge and so turns on him...

Oh my god, its 2001 all over again...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:11 pm

Del Rio too win the title now, maybe Vince was just unsure on giving him the title at the biggest stage of them all.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 06 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

glad Del Rio won Christian has had the better of him on several occassions now and as Del Rio jobbed to Edge at mania he really deserves to hold the belt after Extreme Rules.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:02 am

Some live notes....

Since you have great detailed results up, I wanted to add a few live notes:

This may have been the biggest crowd they've drawn in a while for Charlotte, especially for the new Time Warner Cable Arena. Very little of the top was tarped off and the entire lower bowl was full. Easily 11,000 people were in attendance.

I've always been a Rey Mysterio fan but now I'm more so than ever. After he made the save for Trent Barretta and they were making they're way to the back, he stopped and did the thing where he touches foreheads with kids several times. It's nice when he does it on camera but telling, in a good way, that he does it when the cameras are off.

The crowd popped huge for most of the babyfaces with the only heel to get any real heat being Alberto Del Rio. Considering the response he got, I think WWE would be making a huge mistake if they don't continue to push Christian into the main event picture.

The dark match featured The Corre and Del Rios against Big Show, Kane, Edge (in street clothes), Christian, and a huge suprise in an unadvertised Triple HHH, standing in for The Undertaker. Of course the faces won with HHH hitting the Pedigree. HHH's pop was the biggest of the night.

The dark match included a bit of storytelling and continuity from the earlier 8 man match. In that match, Slater left the rest of The Corre (I don't know if this was noted on tv) to get massacred. For the dark match, Corre left him and HHH rode on his back like a horse to the back as he crawled up the ramp.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

Wonder why they have done that to Slater? Possible future FE'd?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:11 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Wonder why they have done that to Slater? Possible future FE'd?

Yeah, i mentioned it on the Chatbox last night. It wouldn't surprise me, it will be down to his look more than anything, nobody is gonna buy Julianne Moore as world champ.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:16 am

He can't be taken seriously doing anything. He isn't even all that good in the ring.

I just want to know what the WWE's plans are for both the Corre and Nexus. Story is awful now.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:He can't be taken seriously doing anything. He isn't even all that good in the ring.

I just want to know what the WWE's plans are for both the Corre and Nexus. Story is awful now.

Yeah, it's poor, i think they need to have both factions feud and then disband the other, FE the poorer ones (Slater, Otunga) and then blend the others in (Gabriel, Jackson, Ryan).

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:28 am

Yeah i agree, Otunga and Slater need to go.
As for the others, i'd have Gabriel turn face and put him in the US/IC title picture, maybe even fued with Barrett straight after the face turn.
Don't think much of Joe Hennig or Husky Harris if truth be told, but looking forward to former Nexus member Skip Sheffield returning; i really like him.
As for Jackson and Ryan, i'd love to see them be put in a dominant tag team together for 6 months or so. Literally win the belts, and dominate everyone, going unbeaten for months.
Oh and as for Barrett, i'd have him go it alone and be put in the WHC scene, although Show and Kane need to put him over first! Doh

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:29 am

When the Nexus and the new Nexus were good, they were very good but The Corre...well....Barrett carries them.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

I wouldn't say 'The New Nexus' were good; they never really clicked for me.
But yes the original Nexus were brilliant, and good have been much more with better booking. As for The Corre, i really liked the look of them at the start as i love Jackson, and was hoping they were going to be dominant.
But being squashed by too vets like Show and Kane has really destroyed them, and i think its probably time to spilt up.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

A feud between the two seriously needs to happen. Build it up and then have a 5v5 elimination match at Summerslam or something where the loser disbands. The writers have gotten the stories horribly wrong.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:57 am

But Steve, do you not feel that Nexus are finished?
Orton punted them all in the head, and i can't see them coming back as a group.
Michael Mcguillicuty(sp), needs to come back as Joe Hennig.
Otunga should be released.
Harris has already had a gimmick change.

For me their done.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down