The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning

+3
Lowlandbrit
Kay Fabe
Liam
7 posters

Go down

raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning Empty raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning

Post by Liam Wed 04 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Well to say I was shocked, angry, confused and bewildered when raw ended monday night was an understatement. It was probably the first times i've stayed up to watch Raw live in about 3 months.

However, hindsight is a beautiful thing, and at about 12 the next day I actually thought upon reflection that it wasn't that bad. The Punk Ziggler match was as we expected quite good, with Johnny Ace yet agin costing Punk, continuing what's looking like and IMO is a good fued between the two, whilst putting over Ziggler somewhat with the two (contreversial wins), but as a Ziggler fan, I have no qualms about it. The Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryant match was again a decent match and I wouldn't mind seeing them in a couple of matches together now and again.

Thank god Brodus Clay didn't debut, I really don't see the deal with that guy at all, just some fat guy with a dodgy haircut. Jericho return was actually quite funny looking back in the way he kept us waiting and waiting and then just left with a giant middle finger up to us all. The main event was a bit stupid with Kane trying to pull Ryder to *hell* but only for Cena to save the day Yahoo. The old school Kane through the ring concept was still quite good though.

Hopefully we see Kane get a good run in the rumble as he normally does but he shouldn't win, IMO, it should be Sheamus or Orton. I feel Orton and Barrett should finish their feud finally at Mania so I wouldn't have them win, and I think Sheamus deserves another push towards the WHC with Henry leaving too have surgery I heard, so we'd have a good line up of Bryan, Big Show (unfortunately), Barrett and Sheamus in the main event scene (with Cody to a certain extent).

Raw I feel Punk will beat Ziggler at the Rumble with i'm sure Johnny Ace failing in an attempt to cost Punk the title, whilst Ziggler is finally put over as a genuine main eventer. Your thoughts on Raw, Rumble and Smackdown?

Liam

Back to top Go down

raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning Empty Re: raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

I thought RAW was a good show, it was disappointing for me with the Jericho return, after they've built it up to be something so monumental, it felt like a swerve, a last minute rushed job but on the whole I think RAW was good, the Punk/Ziggler match was excellent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning Empty Re: raw not as bad as it seemed at 4:15 in the morning

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

The whole point of the Jericho return was that it would be a let down, it was designed to deflate the fans. Think about it: if Jericho comes back and cuts a promo straight away most fans would love it, pretty much no matter what the content was. He's probably going to feud with Punk, most of whom's fans would certainly appreciate it. So you have to get the initial hype about his return to die down as quickly as possible to ensure he doesn't end up burying Punk by getting cheered over him.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

I don't agree with you one bit, I don't think that was the original plan at all

I"m no daft, I knew what was happening and understand why he did it but I just didn't think it was good and I definitely don't believe it was the original plan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:55 pm

I don't know what the up roar about Jericho has been? I loved his return an intriguing way to turn him heel.

At the end of the day it looks like alot of people stayed up for it & I'm sure a high percentage will be tuning in next week to see where it goes....

That however was the only thing of any note on Raw so much wrong again.

John Cena's goofy opening promo? Telling underwear jokes? Huh did anyone get this? Your up against a serious threat in Kane whatnot act like it?

Eve & Ryder? Yeah because she did wonders for R-Truth

World Title match in the middle of the show? That's giving it importance!

What is R-Truth doing whispering into the cameras? Does anyone over the age of 3 seriously consider Miz can hear him or identify where he is from the audiences reaction?

Kane's little fire under the ring??? I hate all that super natural rubbish, I sooner he wheeled out Katie Vick & told Ryder he had more chance with her that Eve

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:51 am

I think as a one off the Jericho return was excellent, but I've got to agree with gaffer that after weeks of these dark and mysterious vignettes it made zero sense and was obviously Plan B once they realised the Cena/Kane/Ryder angle had to go on last.

It's a pity because if the way Jericho's return panned out had gone down without the the 2-1-12 promos then I think a lot more people would appreciate it. As it is they've got their work cut out for them to explain this, but in all honesty I don't think they'll bother trying to tie in any of the stuff from 2-1-12 into what Jericho has to say or where he'll go from here.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:05 am

I thought Raw was brilliant - except for the Jericho return.

Like Gaffer, I completely understand what they are trying to do with it, but it sucked, I think it was borderline disrespectful (by whoever booked it), and felt it was a monumental waste of my time. That hasn't turned Jericho heel in my eyes - it's made me think they had had better put some proper explanation into this video, or there had better be more to it, or I'm going to be annoyed. Not at Chris Jericho - but at the product.

Man of the Night was Laurinaitis. His little asides are hilarious. When Punk called him a bitch, I can't remember what he said - something like "that was a little unneccessary" - I was in stitches.

I absolutely love the guy now.

And Kane doing the supernatural stuff is entertaining to me. WWE needs a bit more gimmick.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:37 am

I have always admired Joh Laurinaitis. When he came out in Chicago to Punks music - "You expected one thing and got another - who says I cant be unpredictable?" I absolutely ROFLd nearly to death - I hope he becomes a permanent GM. And with his wrestling background he can go in the odd matches like Vince McMahon in the Attitude Era.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

He always gets the biggest laugh of the night from me. I thought he was pants to begin with, but he's won me over completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

Oh - I forgot to mention,

(Yet another Laurinaitis section) When Miz flatly denying that he recalled what he did to R-Truth, having just been shown it on screen was hilarious.

The more I think about it, this Raw was immense

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down