The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED

+28
Gibson
stevetynant
Morgannwg
Standulstermen
Rory_Gallagher
ME-109
mpc28
Knowsit17
Cymroglan
glamorganalun
bigballbag
Artful_Dodger
Shifty
eirebilly
Notch
Smirnoffpriest
Rava
munkian
maestegmafia
J_D
Cardiff Dave
dogtooth
Feckless Rogue
gowales
Mickado
rodders
asoreleftshoulder
wales606
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Post by wales606 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

CARDIFF BLUES

Blues:
15. Gavin Henson
14. Leigh Halfpenny
13. Casey Laulala
12. Gavin Evans
11. Tom James
10. Dan Parks
9. Lloyd Williams

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Marc Breeze
3. Scott Andrews
4. MacCauley Cook
5. Michael Paterson
6. Maama Molitika
7. Sam Warburton (capt)
8. Xavier Rush.

Replacements: Rhys Williams, John Yapp, Sam Hobbs, Matthew Screech, Josh Navidi, Richie Rees, Ceri Sweeney, Richard Mustoe.

Not available due to injury

Alex Cuthbert - groin
Ryan Tyrell - hamstring
Paul Tito - head
Chris Czekaj - hamstring
Jamie Roberts - knee
Dafydd Hewitt - hamstring
Thomas Rhys Thomas - neck/shoulder
Taufa'ao Filise - shoulder
James Down - ankle
Andries Pretorius - knee
Deiniol Jones - shoulder
Martyn Williams - arm

Strongest side available, but that's not saying much with that injury list.

Interestingly, Sam Warburton captains the Blues for the first time with Tito injured, he is preferred to usual stand-in captains Gethin Jenkins and Xavier Rush.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Fergus McFadden
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Andrew Conway
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Damian Browne
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Rhys Ruddock
20: Leo Auva'a
21: Isaac Boss
22: Isa Nacewa
23: Fionn Carr

Last edited by wales606 on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:58 pm

I haven't read back guys but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this ref is having an absolute mare!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues vs Leinster TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Post by Shifty Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

maestegmafia wrote:If dan parks tackled ever it would be 6 - 0.
He is a shocking player, isn't he? lol
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

If you mean Henson not sure - I switched over just as they were talking about him on S4C but it was towards the end when the presenter was trying to get one of the pundits to say that Henson was much more important to the team than Bradley Davies! - needless to say the pundits offered a different view...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

First game for the ref but the touch judges are trying to help him out.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Anyone??

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:05 pm

Suppose refs have to have their first game sometime, but that bit at the end were he went back for a Blues penalty about 5 seconds after Leinster had got the ball away from the ruck.... then its HT.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:06 pm

One thing Leinster are making abundantly clear is the importance of chasing your kicks. Why have the regions, after years of playing, still not mastered this? They're undoubtedly fit enough, they just can't seem to be bothered trying.

Is Warbs playing? If he is he's being negated either by an excellent Leinster pack or a poor Blues one or maybe a little of both.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

maestegmafia wrote:If dan parks tackled ever it would be 6 - 0.

Umm, dont blame Parks for Molitika's abysmal defending.

Parks is having a good game so far.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:08 pm

If the Blues are to win they must get Sweeney on Parks is a mobile open gate and offers no threat going forward, the problem for the Blues they are chasing the game.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:11 pm

Some people have a really thing against Parks when Sweeney is no where near as good atm

Yes, Parks does have some awful games, and I have given his a lot of stick for it.

But, so far this season, he has been well worth his place.

Ill remind you that when Sweeney played against Leinster the score was 52 - 9
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:13 pm

I think that's unfair Glam Al, Parks has passed a lot more, got you 3 points from a dg, and the tries where as a result of Molitika's awful defending and coming out of the line.

Besides Sweeney's already had his one good game of the season - you've got to put up with his awful performances for the rest of this one...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:13 pm

Good start blues mastered the art of communication

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

Smirnof: If you like watching kicking and no tackling he is having a stormer.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

Great kick but the Blues need more than long distance kicks, no penetration in attack so far.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

If Priestland starts at 10 for Wales should Halfpenney be the kicker? I think his kicking in the last couple of games has been superb and by all accounts he has been putting extra work into it.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

Did I see parks make a tackle?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

There were about three sin binnings in that latest leinster attack.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

That is hilarious. Welsh TMO gives try even though ball was held up

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

How can that be a try, not from the angles of the cameras unless the ref said any reason not to award the try?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

That was a dodgy decision from the TMO, he probably did get the ball down but if you cant see it there is no way you should give it.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:34 pm

A big turnaround there. Conway gives away a pen when Leinster look likely to sew this up. Back come Cardiff and score a try to take it to a one point game. Not so sure the TMO saw a grounding?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:35 pm

glamorganalun wrote:How can that be a try, not from the angles of the cameras unless the ref said any reason not to award the try?

The ref asked "Try or No Try?"
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

Even the welsh commentator is incredulous about the try and the last penalty...now the ref is just being silly

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

The ref is suddenly picking up the coming in from the side, Blues getting the luck at the moment.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

Seven penalties for the same offence

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

The Blues don't seem to want to take up and unders, should be another penalty to the blues

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

This team of officials should never be on a rugby pitch again to be frank.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

Not sure what the craic is with that try.. firstly I thought it was just impossible to see if he put it down or not, but on TG4 it shown a magnified close-up and it was definitely held up. Poor by the TMO, and he is welsh? Explains it!

Also SOB is playing better than Warbs imo. He is really suiting the 7 role. Can't wait to see if the Irish pack can do the same vs Wales Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

Welsh touched judges and TMO did everything to give Blues that match, ah well cheaters never prosper.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

Blues never gave up after the poor start.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Not sure what the craic is with that try.. firstly I thought it was just impossible to see if he put it down or not, but on TG4 it shown a magnified close-up and it was definitely held up. Poor by the TMO, and he is welsh? Explains it!

Also SOB is playing better than Warbs imo. He is really suiting the 7 role. Can't wait to see if the Irish pack can do the same vs Wales Wink

I think the 7 role has restricted SOB as he doesn't seem to be as dynamic as he was last season, he is still a mighty fine player though.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:01 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Welsh touched judges and TMO did everything to give Blues that match, ah well cheaters never prosper.

What a ridiculous statement to make.

Well done Leinster a hard fought win.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:01 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Welsh touched judges and TMO did everything to give Blues that match, ah well cheaters never prosper.

The kick near the start that was straight out on the full by the Blues was a ridiculous call aswell. It was clearly straight out on the full, but apparently not to the officials eyes. The ref also was diabolical in the rucks the whole game. At least Leinster still won, just shows you can only complain about the ref so much, the better team will still win Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

Unlucky by the Blues

14 points gifted by Molitika - could have won 19 - 9

The referee made some awful decisions.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

The better team deserved the game tonight, big improvement in the blues in the last 30mins Warbs had a poor game by his standards, Parks for me is poor kicking the ball away with 3 mins remaining sums him up clueless going forward he just ships the ball on like Steve Jones for Wales but worse. Mustoe had a great second half but did not see him in the first half.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

Bit antagonistic this weather Dodger. Had a terrible link but thought leinster were getting penalised an awful lot. Either way i actually thought the Jenkins score was good but then again with pixels that size it was hard to judge.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

mpc28 wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Not sure what the craic is with that try.. firstly I thought it was just impossible to see if he put it down or not, but on TG4 it shown a magnified close-up and it was definitely held up. Poor by the TMO, and he is welsh? Explains it!

I think the 7 role has restricted SOB as he doesn't seem to be as dynamic as he was last season, he is still a mighty fine player though.

Have to disagree with you, I believe the first try and his recent games show he is a much more dynamic player than he ever was last season. His awareness is much better as well. He is not restricted at all. He doesn't make as many rampaging runs, but I think he is a better player for it, and he still wrecks havoc around the pitch. He is best taking the ball at pace, similar to the likes of Faletau, more than being a hard yards player.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

That is a ridiculous comment to make.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:This team of officials should never be on a rugby pitch again to be frank.

Hang on. A couple of weeks ago you and a few other said the Irish never point the finger at and moan about the officials. It appears this is not the case?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

Halfpenny absolute clown.

If there has ever been an instance of gross complacency and arrogance then that missed kick in front of the posts was it.

What a plonk.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

I dont think it is - try that shouldnt of been awarded, touch judges telling the ref to award a penalty to Blues at the end of the first half, kicks out on the full apparantly fine - thats what ridiculous.

In fact having 3 Welsh officials and an Italian reffing his first match is really taking the .... in itself.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

bigballbag wrote:Halfpenny absolute clown.

If there has ever been an instance of gross complacency and arrogance then that missed kick in front of the posts was it.

What a plonk.

WUM - Idiot.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:This team of officials should never be on a rugby pitch again to be frank.

Hang on. A couple of weeks ago you and a few other said the Irish never point the finger at and moan about the officials. It appears this is not the case?

No I didnt actaully, maybe you could copy and paste were Ive said that.

By the way theres a difference complaining about the ref when you lose and complaining about the ref when Leinster are 14-0 up as I was at the start of this post and go on to win the match.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by stevetynant Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

I didn't think Halfpennys kick miss in front of the post was a penalty anyway- O'Brien was the tackler and had a right to get up and play the ball from the tackle area- Martin Williams made a career of it.

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

wales606 wrote:
bigballbag wrote:Halfpenny absolute clown.

What a plonk.

WUM - Idiot.

I thought Halfpenny was great. Shame he missed that kick, but I thought he didn't even take the short kicks? He was very dangerous all game and took the rest of his kicks beautifully.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mpc28 wrote:

Have to disagree with you, I believe the first try and his recent games show he is a much more dynamic player than he ever was last season. His awareness is much better as well. He is not restricted at all. He doesn't make as many rampaging runs, but I think he is a better player for it, and he still wrecks havoc around the pitch. He is best taking the ball at pace, similar to the likes of Faletau, more than being a hard yards player.

I dont see how he is a better player for it! is he likely to win european player of of the year again? i doubt it so i dont see how he can be a better player than he was last year. He made his name with his trademark breaks which he is now restricted on because he is trying to be a fetcher, i think he is better suited to the other side of the scrum but i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one Rory.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mpc28 wrote:

I dont see how he is a better player for it! is he likely to win european player of of the year again? i doubt it so i dont see how he can be a better player than he was last year. He made his name with his trademark breaks which he is now restricted on because he is trying to be a fetcher, i think he is better suited to the other side of the scrum but i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one Rory.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

bigballbag for somebody who only joined the site today you seem to be very aggressive from the start.
Is this one of your other multiple user-names ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

mpc28 wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mpc28 wrote:

Ferris has that sewn up in fairness.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

Standulstermen wrote:
mpc28 wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mpc28 wrote:

Ferris has that sewn up in fairness.

Love that +1
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next