The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd

+49
hugo124
LondonTiger
yappysnap
clivemcl
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
Breadvan
glamorganalun
BelfastNI
GunsGerms
Rava
mankiaow
eirebilly
Pot Hale
ME-109
bedfordwelsh
manofgwent
Knowsit17
pete (buachaill on eirne)
SecretFly
kunu
asoreleftshoulder
the-goon
Rory_Gallagher
Thomond
Gibson
thebluesmancometh
drsambo1928
LeinsterFan4life
Morgannwg
PenfroPete
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
jimlewtheblue
Golden
wales606
Liam
Cardiff Dave
Feckless Rogue
red_stag
gowales
Smirnoffpriest
BoyneRFC
Kingshu
rodders
GavinDragon
Mickado
Artful_Dodger
Weybridge Welsh
Jenifer McLadyboy
53 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd Empty Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

Surprised there's no thread already. Leinster massive favourites at home. Cardiff Blues coming in under the radar.

Could there be an upset?

This time 6 years ago an unfancied Leinster travelled to the home of European Rugby. To a team that would have just won 3 in a row but for the famous Rob Howley try in 04. (They won in 03 and 05 and lost in the dying minutes of the 04 final)

Leinster played the most incredible game against them and took Toulouse out of it. (Sadly blew it on Black Sunday v Munster in the semi, and then lost the Celtic league to a late drop goal by David Humphries in Wales on the last day of the league)

Could Cardiff Blues pull a similar stroke? Will Jamie Roberts play? Is Sam Warburton really out? How fit is Gethin? Henson is defo out anyway.

Leinster have close to a full deck......... Worried about any knockout game, and worried about the low key buildup here and the fact that the Blues could put one big game together and give us a shock.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd Empty Re: Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd

Post by Weybridge Welsh Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

Probably the biggest mismatch in HC history. The Blues are in total free fall. A shock is result is beyond them so no, there is no reason for any Leinster fan to be nervous.

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd Empty Re: Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:03 am

Given just how bad Cardiff Blue's have been recently, it would take more than 'one big game' think the Blues need to play the best game in the history of the region to win this.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

Here’s the team I hope we go for:

Healy – Cronin – Ross
Toner – Cullen
McLaughlin – Heaslip – Jennings
Reddan – Sexton
Fitzgerald – Darcy – O’Driscoll – Nacewa
Kearney

Strauss – VDM – White – Thorn – O’Brien – Boss – Madigan – McFadden

Cullen was really excellent when he came on against Munster and he’s our captain, he starts. Toner has been fantastic for us this year, he has to start. Thorn would be a brilliant impact sub, bring him on when the Blues are tiring and he’s break them up. Springing O’Brien, Boss, Madigan and McFadden from the bench around the 60 minute mark would be delightful.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:22 am

this is going to go one of two ways, either the blues are going to continue their fall from grace and be well and truly hammered, and judging by recent performances and the fact they have no platform this could well happen

or they will pick themselves up fight tooth and nail, frustrate leinster and go down in a fighting loss

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

Leinster by 6.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

I think Leinster will want to put a marker down in Europe. While we shouldn't write Cardiff off, I think they have a very small chance in this one.

Leinster (if/when they win) have to go away to Clermont or Sacrcens next, they will want either of these teams have a bit of fear about the reigning champions coming to visit, to do this if they absoluity tear Cardiff apart, and put on a hugh score, it may dent Saracens or Clermonts confidence, before Leinster even turn up.

For this reason i'm going for a high score Leinster win.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:46 am

If we put up a big score then I’ll go along with that Kingshu.

If we scrape a win, I’ll be in the “we’re luring them into a false sense of security” camp. Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

I read that 1/2 Penny is looking forward to coming back to Landsdowne Road because of the happy memories he has from playing there....

I don' think he's experienced a Leinster game at Landsdown though... completely different atmosphere...

I really see us winning his by 25 points...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

I'm afraid that I can see a result similar to last year's where Leinster put 50 on a shockingly poor Blues side

It's not just the fact that Leinster are riding high and the Blues are off form - it's the fact that Blues fowards have given a poor platform most of the season, they are reliant on aging players, need a good 6 as their not competitive at the breakdown most games and their defence has been appalling recently and most of their best backs are either left, injured or soon to be leaving.

Those problems are not what you want to be going to a team like Leinster with - it's a shame as a big loss could seriously damage the Blues when their at a perilous time.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

Roberts is out for 6 months so... Gavin Evans or Hewitt will take his place. I wonder if they'll drop Laulala for his comments, that would be a laugh Laugh

I'm really hoping the Blues get annihilated, maybe then they'll get rid of these two clowns coaching them.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:11 pm

gowales wrote:Roberts is out for 6 months so... Gavin Evans or Hewitt will take his place. I wonder if they'll drop Laulala for his comments, that would be a laugh Laugh

I'm really hoping the Blues get annihilated, maybe then they'll get rid of these two clowns coaching them.

You mean the comment on twitter when he told Peter Borlase that the entire thing had been blown out of proportion and that the managment were clowns?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:15 pm

Ah Jasus. That's hard on the Blues. Crying or Very sad

He's an immense player. Out until the Autumn Internationals. Bad juju.

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=34581

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm

Laulala probably doesnt give a shoite what Cardiff management think. He's leaving and on his way to Munster.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

Leinster by 6.

We weren't very good last week. We were just better than Munster who played really badly. I don't think we'll be back at full tilt yet and Cardiff won't just let us walk over them. Home advantage and a strong bench will swing it for us in the end.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

gowales wrote:Roberts is out for 6 months so... Gavin Evans or Hewitt will take his place. I wonder if they'll drop Laulala for his comments, that would be a laugh Laugh

Baber and Burnell do deserve some criticism I suppose, but it must be very difficult for them under the circumstances.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

But why were they employed in the first place? It almost seems like there is no game plan at all. They haven't achieved anything in their coaching careers and its not like they demand respect from the players like Tandy or Anthony Foley do for example.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

red_stag wrote:Laulala probably doesnt give a shoite what Cardiff management think. He's leaving and on his way to Munster.
Yeah. But if I was a member of the Munster coaching staff, I would not like a guy who was openly critical of management coming on board. Not a good sign. I'd say someone will take him aside and tell him "we don't be toleratin that stuff over here"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Im not especially worried JenMcL. I think he will settle in nicely.

Who knows given that he is a pal of Peter Borlase (they played for Canterbury together) maybe he can give him a kick in the arse and have him up to Pro 12 standard after 3 years in Ireland.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

gowales wrote:But why were they employed in the first place? It almost seems like there is no game plan at all. They haven't achieved anything in their coaching careers and its not like they demand respect from the players like Tandy or Anthony Foley do for example.

They were the cheap and ticked a box.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm

I still want Cardiff to win, I honestly don't think a huge defeat will get rid of these two. Roberts out, could have really done with Henson at 12 don't you think Rolling Eyes

I can't see Cardiff winning, let alone losing by a respectable margin. However, crazy things can happen, although in my respectable judgement, its not gonna happen.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

Keep it under 30pts to save embarrisment

Still, I expect the Blues to be embarrassed.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

red_stag wrote:Im not especially worried JenMcL. I think he will settle in nicely.

Who knows given that he is a pal of Peter Borlase (they played for Canterbury together) maybe he can give him a kick in the arse and have him up to Pro 12 standard after 3 years in Ireland.

Isn't Borlase at Connacht next year??

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

Golden wrote:
red_stag wrote:Im not especially worried JenMcL. I think he will settle in nicely.

He was sent there on loan a few months ago and then added to their HC squad after the pool stages. He's an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, wrapped around a kebab.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

Leinster by 40. The Aviva will only remain a nice memory for 1/2P if he likes tackling.

I will support Cardiff Blues though. They're Welsh, so I ought to wish them well. But in reality I only see a thumping for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

Mickado wrote:
Golden wrote:

He was sent there on loan a few months ago and then added to their HC squad after the pool stages. He's an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, wrapped around a kebab.

haha love it.

Did he even make the connacht team? i dont remember ever seen him turn out for them. Really seems like a waste of a player

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:06 pm

Come on Cardiff show some fighting spirit, Remember the Mighty Ducks!

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by jimlewtheblue Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:08 pm

I'm a Blues supporter, but we do not stand a chance Crying or Very sad

jimlewtheblue

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

Mickado wrote:
Golden wrote:

Is that a Zaytoons kebab or an ordinary kebab?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

"You're going to need a bigger.......... scoreboard"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

Leinster attack - Run

Blues attack - Tumbleweed

Leinster defence - devil

Blues defence - notworthy

Leinster supporters - Leinster V Cardiff Blues Lansdowne rd 1347041234

Blues supporters - Cry

Erm
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Weybridge Welsh Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:26 pm

Are the blues going to tarnish the image of Welsh rugby. Far too many of our teams have shipped 40/50 points against the Irish provinces. When was the last time a welsh region put that kind of performance in against the Irish teams? I don't think it's ever happened.

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

Scarlets beating Munster in the knockout stages of the HC probably..what was that 2007?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:30 pm

Yea it was Llanelli Scarlets in 2007. However Blues don't have home advantage.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:32 pm

wales606 wrote:Keep it under 30pts to save embarrisment

A damn good thrashing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if it leads to big changes where they are needed ie venue and management.

What is interesting and very noticeable on facebook is that supporters are ripping into the club as they've never done before due to players leaving, the poor performances against Glasgow and Scarlets plus now the Henson fall out. Some posters have even suggested an active protest at the O's game next week.
Whatever happens, the rot needs to stop now or at least before next season kicks off.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Keep it under 30pts to save embarrisment

A damn good thrashing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if it leads to big changes where they are needed ie venue and management.

What is interesting and very noticeable on facebook is that supporters are ripping into the club as they've never done before due to players leaving, the poor performances against Glasgow and Scarlets plus now the Henson fall out. Some posters have even suggested an active protest at the O's game next week.
Whatever happens, the rot needs to stop now or at least before next season kicks off.

For there to be an active protest 1st of all the supporters need to turn up and apparently there's a boycott going on.

I get the feeling that opposed to being a blessing in disguise a damn good thrashing could well spell a very dark time for the region - it will increase negativity among supporters, put off any floating/new supporters, put off any quality signings/coaches that potentially could be brought in and discourage Peter Pies from sinking any more money into the club and all this could well leave any potential investors/suitors running for cover (true it could reduce the price but I reckon P Thomas wants some money back for the millions invested).

I'm being a bit bleak soz but it could be very bleak for the Blues next season (even with some very good youngsters coming through)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:01 pm

On the Cardiff Blues in Meltdown it doesn't appear to be a good time for the Blues,

At first I though it was a fan of another region just Wumming, however with all the latest, poor coaches, little money, Henson kicked out, ageing squad Stadium problems fans protesting/boycotting etc etc etc, it does appear that it could be a very dark time for the Blues.

Dragons fans are worried that they migth be the bottom club when the Pricewaterhousecooper report is published and turned into a development region, but I'm sure that Blues fans are also worried now after one problem after another for them.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:

For there to be an active protest 1st of all the supporters need to turn up and apparently there's a boycott going on.

I get the feeling that opposed to being a blessing in disguise a damn good thrashing could well spell a very dark time for the region - it will increase negativity among supporters, put off any floating/new supporters, put off any quality signings/coaches that potentially could be brought in and discourage Peter Pies from sinking any more money into the club and all this could well leave any potential investors/suitors running for cover (true it could reduce the price but I reckon P Thomas wants some money back for the millions invested).

I'm being a bit bleak soz but it could be very bleak for the Blues next season (even with some very good youngsters coming through)

The dark times have already arrived.
The pieman and his cronies need to go (not before they arrange a get out of the CCS deal) and I believe there are in fact a couple of candidates willing to take over. Supposedly the pieman doesn't want to put any more money in either and is looking for a way out.
If anybody is going to invest then that would have to take place at CAP as there is nothing to invest in at CCS and it's far too expensive to be there anyway. This is illustrated by the greater number of players leaving compared to the other regions.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:23 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Mickado wrote:
Golden wrote:

Is that a Zaytoons kebab or an ordinary kebab?

Zaytoons don’t do a turnip kebab. Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

The dark times have already arrived.
The pieman and his cronies need to go (not before they arrange a get out of the CCS deal) and I believe there are in fact a couple of candidates willing to take over. Supposedly the pieman doesn't want to put any more money in either and is looking for a way out.
If anybody is going to invest then that would have to take place at CAP as there is nothing to invest in at CCS and it's far too expensive to be there anyway. This is illustrated by the greater number of players leaving compared to the other regions.

They would also need to afford to pay P Thomas for the money he's invested and money to do up the CAP and rebuild the squad - but I hope as you say that there are people like that waiting in the wings as their are some really good youngsters coming through (if they can make it at pro level) both the North and South academies - I pass quite a few of them from the North academy everytime I finish work.

But being very bleak - IMO though things feel bad now the Blues are in the QF's of the HEC, where until last week challenging for ther play offs and 2 months ago could have been challenging the Ospreys as top Welsh region.
Next year they could get tonked every game in the HEC and be fighting the Dragons for HEC qualification while trying to hold together a demotivated and shaky squad.

That would be a much worse position. Especially if they can't get out of the CCS deal, bend to fan pressure and play all games at CAP and people still boycott and they don't get more than 7k avg attendance.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:

They would also need to afford to pay P Thomas for the money he's invested and money to do up the CAP and rebuild the squad - but I hope as you say that there are people like that waiting in the wings as their are some really good youngsters coming through (if they can make it at pro level) both the North and South academies - I pass quite a few of them from the North academy everytime I finish work.

But being very bleak - IMO though things feel bad now the Blues are in the QF's of the HEC, where until last week challenging for ther play offs and 2 months ago could have been challenging the Ospreys as top Welsh region.
Next year they could get tonked every game in the HEC and be fighting the Dragons for HEC qualification while trying to hold together a demotivated and shaky squad.

That would be a much worse position. Especially if they can't get out of the CCS deal, bend to fan pressure and play all games at CAP and people still boycott and they don't get more than 7k avg attendance.

I think if/when Thomas does go, he would be willing to wait to get his cash back rather than having it paid at once.
Investing in CAP and rebuilding the squad I have no concerns about and CAP in its prime location is a place well worth doing up and improving.
My main concern is the CCS deal and getting out of there. Come to think of it, Thomas should pay out of his own money what it takes to get us out of the crazy deal as he was the one who signed the 20 year agreement without the safeguard of a get clause. Silly person.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:35 pm

Kingshu wrote:On the Cardiff Blues in Meltdown it doesn't appear to be a good time for the Blues,

At first I though it was a fan of another region just Wumming, however with all the latest, poor coaches, little money, Henson kicked out, ageing squad Stadium problems fans protesting/boycotting etc etc etc, it does appear that it could be a very dark time for the Blues.

Dragons fans are worried that they migth be the bottom club when the Pricewaterhousecooper report is published and turned into a development region, but I'm sure that Blues fans are also worried now after one problem after another for them.

Been going downhill for years.
The current mess was predicted and the Amlin/EDF triumphs in some ways helped to screen the escalating financial problems. Add to this "There are no financial difficulties at the club." (yeah pull the other one), the denial of free tickets, the plans to bulldoze CAP, the way Shanks found out his contract wouldn't be renewed, etc and there are more, but I won't bore you to death. It is any wonder Cardiff Blues are in trouble?
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

I think the Leinster fans are going pretty easy on the Blues here. It's okay just be honest about it and nobody will accuse you of arrogance. I predict a stylish 40+ point win for Leinster. Blues to concede about 6 tries and score zero. It will be pretty hard to stomach for your typical Blue, but in the back of their mind they believe it will be good in the long run. By that, I mean that they finally see sense to sack Laurel & Hardy. Blues results go from bad to worse, then back to bad and on to worse once again. They have already suffered two thrashings by Glasgow, one by Scarlets and a previous 50+ pointer by Leinster in Dublin, which Leinster will be looking to emulate. There is absolutely no chance of an upset and now that I have said that I will cut off my balls if Blues manage one! I think my balls are pretty safe, for now.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

There is absolutely no chance of an upset and now that I have said that I will cut off my balls if Blues manage one! I think my balls are pretty safe, for now.
Good god don't say that, didn't some Welsh fella cut off his junk and throw it in the Taff after losing a bet on rugby before? Don't know why they call it "welshing" on a bet!!!

We're not going easy, we know what the expectations are but when the pressure is on to win you need to be all the more cautious. Being cocky doesn't make the win any more enjoyable and I've no beef with Cardiff to begin with so I won't be sticking the knife in to any blues fans who must be pretty put out with all the existing negativity.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

Yeah, that was 2005 when he was convinced Wales would lose to England. Fairplay to him for following through and actually managing to walk back to the pub afterwards.

You're a good rugby supporter. And surely you do not want to see me without balls so are hoping for a Leinster win even more. I really think Leinster are setting the benchmark for Europe this year. I think their chances in the big, tight games will hinge on Ross as the French seem to be very well compensated up front (as do sarries if you should meet them).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Weybridge Welsh Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

In order to double your money, most bookies seem to give Leinster a 12 point start. Now if I were a betting man, I could think of worse gambles on a 100% return!!!

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:28 pm

Weybridge Welsh wrote:In order to double your money, most bookies seem to give Leinster a 12 point start. Now if I were a betting man, I could think of worse gambles on a 100% return!!!

yep

Leinster -30 more like.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:51 pm

i for some reason truely believe cardiff are gonna pull out a great performance.im gonna be travellin down to the aviva on saturday slighty worried about this game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:i for some reason truely believe cardiff are gonna pull out a great performance.im gonna be travellin down to the aviva on saturday slighty worried about this game.

Dont be
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

wales606 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:i for some reason truely believe cardiff are gonna pull out a great performance.im gonna be travellin down to the aviva on saturday slighty worried about this game.

Dont be

Ditto.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next