The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Going Gone

+20
Jubbahey
LuvSports!
erictheblueuk
Tenez
sportslover
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
Jeremy_Kyle
Simple_Analyst
Henman Bill
lydian
polished_man
carrieg4
hawkeye
time please
djlovesyou
laverfan
JuliusHMarx
prostaff85
legendkillar
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Going Going Gone - Page 2 Empty Going Going Gone

Post by legendkillar Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

If I am honest, these last few weeks on here have been the most frustrating. I am with NITB and I am heading out.

The forum has one too many fanatics who just repeat the same things over and over. While some would say ignore it, I can't. I just find it too difficult to overlook.

I wish to thank those who have made it a pleasurable experience for me, others have made it to the equilvalent of pulling teeth.

For those who wish to remain in contact with me please feel free to drop me an pm and I shall stay in touch via e-mail.

Thanks

Hug

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Going Going Gone - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Going Gone

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Come and join us on the tennis forum CF90. Most of the time it's pretty good - honest!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:13 pm

i will try to post here more often...amazing that of my 13,000+ posts on here, only a handful have been on here...shameful really lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i will try to post here more often...amazing that of my 13,000+ posts on here, only a handful have been on here...shameful really lol.

It is good to know that you are a 'veteran' on 606v2. It would be nice to see some more experience added on the Tennis side to avoid typical 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-yours' discussions. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

haha lol, i will try and post more on here......

i am a huge Federer fan, however im not biased towards him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 pm

haha another federer fan Smile
You say you have posted a handful of times. Does that mean 9 is on tennis and 13,400 is on cricket??

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

na i post on most sections on the site...

luvsports: im not biased towards federer

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 pm

ahhh schweett what other ones and good to see another teen here wiv all these old peeps :P

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:59 pm

i post on football,cricket,rugby,golf, gaming section, etc

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:04 pm

LuvSports! wrote:ahhh schweett what other ones and good to see another teen here wiv all these old peeps :P

It is all right to call me old, Luv, but not so sure about the others who post here. Wink

PS: Had to add the 'Luv' bit in.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:46 pm

As ever, any forum needs "fresh blood" as part of the dynamic. When this forum was part of the BBC, the BBC website provided the link to this fresh blood.

YIMan said that he was going to try to get this tennis forum linked to some external tennis sites / news sites - so I wish him well in that endeavor. I suppose having a high google profile also helps.

Not sure what the reference was regarding "the tennis forum going the way of the golf forum" - I thought the Golf section was supposed to be one of the strong points of 606 v2. Perhaps like every other chat forum on the web it is susceptible to the occassional dispute, seasonal cycle, and long term drift.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, I left by asking YIMan to delete my membership.

I felt a lot better for it.

Ocassionally had a look in, and after about 4 weeks, things began to cheer up and I tried my luck and re-registered.

Now I just come on at convenient times and join in a topic I like to discuss.

It gives me a far greater chance to pick and choose which threads to join, don't know why I get the feeling V2 has matured somewhat in a month, but it has, the only trouble I see is in, as Sportslover has pointed out, the many 24/7 regulars taking things personally and spouting their wisdom ad nauseum as if the whole world waits their pleasure.

In reality, this is just a tennis forum, its not life and we should all take a breather now and again, as the famous saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt.

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:05 am

Jubbahey

I am worried about you. Remember how good you felt after making the bold move of having your membership deleted?

You think you are in control when you just dip in occasionally to join in with a discussion worthy of your interest. Are you sure this topic is worthy enough? Also was it really convenient to do so at 11.36 on a Saturday night? Wasn't there something more important you should have been doing?

I think you are on the slippery slope... You do know what they say about reformed alchoholics don't you?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 am

laverfan wrote:
LuvSports! wrote:ahhh schweett what other ones and good to see another teen here wiv all these old peeps :P

It is all right to call me old, Luv, but not so sure about the others who post here. Wink

hehe Run

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:54 am

LuvSports! wrote:
laverfan wrote:

hehe Run

You do not have to Run on my account. Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am

ok Run the opposite way! btw budding journalist here used my article on novak vs rafa in 2011 for it http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.com/2012/01/djokovics-most-important-and-confidence.html
more to come!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 am

LuvSports! wrote:ok Run the opposite way! btw budding journalist here used my article on novak vs rafa in 2011 for it http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.com/2012/01/djokovics-most-important-and-confidence.html
more to come!

I am very glad for you. Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 am

hawkeye wrote:Wasn't there something more important you should have been doing?...

hawkeye wrote:You do know what they say about reformed alchoholics don't you?

May I gently but firmly ask that such comments be refrained from, since they are not conducive to civil debate and border on character assassination. Please help the Tennis forum become an example of civility and gentleness to 6060v2, within and without. Hug

jubbahey wrote:the many 24/7 regulars taking things personally and spouting their wisdom ad nauseum as if the whole world waits their pleasure.

jubbahey wrote:In reality, this is just a tennis forum, its not life and we should all take a breather now and again

May I be forward enough to suggest a 'kinder' and 'gentler' approach, with consideration for posters, who may differ from your viewpoint. I like your second statement (as quoted). Would you please help make this a more civil forum? Hug

I have chosen not to edit/delete any comments with the assumption that calmness and impartiality would prevail and any need for such action from a moderator (current and future) would no longer be required.

I had much rather be the Maytag repairperson, who is never required.

The original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJ0rAyE_mQ
The 1994 version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfwoZtOq7fU

Did someone say 'Dream On'? Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpixel Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 am

i come rarely to these boards or to MTL mainly because life and work are more important.

however it always amuses me when people threaten to leave or actually leave a MB because of individual posters on a MB.

for one, why threaten? why not just leave? is the board going to reform to your tastes because you left? are you yet another namesless, faceless poster, that important to the rest of the nameless, faceless posters?

secondly, if you came to a message board with the express intention of interacting with others who share your interest and the majority of those are pretty decent people (which will always be the case), then why leave?

fundamentally, i havent ever understood why certain posters should cause others to lose sleep, to come back in a huff and respond to the same thread, same topic...surely, surely, anonymous posters should not control your life in that manner!

i dont see a big deal in having wums and trolls around, as long as they can stick to a certain literacy level and do not descend to personal attacks and swear. of all life species on earth, even cockroaches have a role to play.

MTL was started to control wums and trolls and has a very good moderation engine, which is transparent too. the downside of it is that it can be regarded as antiseptic and cliquey.

there isnt a perfect forum. if you want to stay and debate tennis, there are plenty good posters here or on any forum to do so.

if you want to leave, then do so without drama!

i am using 'you' here but this is not directed at any one poster but at the attitude.

coolpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 am

laveran

I always do my best to be kind and gentle.

I thought I was responding with humour to an accusation that sitting around talking about tennis is not the best thing to do with our precious time. If we all took the advice that was offered there would be nothing left to moderate. I don't think I was off topic for this thread.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:27 pm

coolpixel wrote:i come rarely to these boards or to MTL mainly because life and work are more important.

however it always amuses me when people threaten to leave or actually leave a MB because of individual posters on a MB.

for one, why threaten? why not just leave? is the board going to reform to your tastes because you left? are you yet another namesless, faceless poster, that important to the rest of the nameless, faceless posters?

secondly, if you came to a message board with the express intention of interacting with others who share your interest and the majority of those are pretty decent people (which will always be the case), then why leave?

I agree with you coolpixel. Particularly when posters post about leaving, which I don't get unless they are hoping for a plea to stay. Don't get me wrong, some posters I like and whose views I respect have fallen by the wayside and I would have preferred them to stay. It is important not to take the forum too seriously, other aspects of life should definitely be more important!

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:37 pm

i come rarely to these boards or to MTL mainly because life and work are more important.

fundamentally, i havent ever understood why certain posters should cause others to lose sleep, to come back in a huff and respond to the same thread, same topic...surely, surely, anonymous posters should not control your life in that manner!

i dont see a big deal in having wums and trolls around, as long as they can stick to a certain literacy level and do not descend to personal attacks and swear. of all life species on earth, even cockroaches have a role to play.

MTL was started to control wums and trolls and has a very good moderation engine, which is transparent too. the downside of it is that it can be regarded as antiseptic and cliquey.

there isnt a perfect forum. if you want to stay and debate tennis, there are plenty good posters here or on any forum to do so.

if you want to leave, then do so without drama!

i am using 'you' here but this is not directed at any one poster but at the attitude.

I was going to say something very similar to this. The only reason you'd create a whole new topic simply about the fact that you're leaving the forum is to feel smug when all the replies come in begging you to reconsider.

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by 10IS Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm

It is ridiculous to say the least to pose statements along the lines of "I am leaving because I do not like what someone posted". If a thread appears on this site, it means that the moderators of this site have screened the post/thread for abusive, hateful, malicious content etc. Threatening to leave a a forum on the internet simply because somebody has an opinion that you dislike is childish, and opening a thread to announce your departure is....... well....RIDICULOUS!!

RIDICULOUS reminds me of one more thing..... Sorry, I could not resist adding this (improvised) line from GODFATHER.... "YOU MAKE ALL OF US LOOK RIDICULOUS AND WE CANNOT AFFORD TO BE MADE TO LOOK RIDICULOUS"

10IS

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Can we talk about Murray's Brisbane win, of Tipsy's current struggles with Raonic? OK

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 10IS Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:36 pm

WELL DONE Andy Murray Wink

10IS

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 am

legendkillar wrote:This is my last post to clear up a few things.

S_A is not the reason I am departing.

I have seen ignore or grow up and all that crap. How about the adults grow up and stop trying to annoy other posters!!!!!! You grown up?

Some of you need a reality check. If face to face would you spurt half the crap on here? No.

Some people need to learn what 'debate' means before actually having the nerve to use such a word!

Drama Queen !
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:

I have seen ignore or grow up and all that crap. How about the adults grow up and stop trying to annoy other posters!!!!!! You grown up?

Some of you need a reality check. If face to face would you spurt half the crap on here? No.

Some people need to learn what 'debate' means before actually having the nerve to use such a word!

Drama Queen !

Tinkywinky!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 pm

legendkillar wrote:
erictheblueuk wrote:

Drama Queen !

Tinkywinky!

Laugh Welcome back LK !
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: