The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henson to leave Cardiff Blues

+7
mckay1402
gavstar
majesticimperialman
wales606
Seagultaf
Artful_Dodger
bigballbag
11 posters

Go down

Henson to leave Cardiff Blues Empty Henson to leave Cardiff Blues

Post by bigballbag Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

Gavin Henson is sadly leaving the Cardiff Blues.

His calf injury yesterday appears to be worse than thought and he be out of the game for about 4 years.
He is hoping to appear on celebrity dog walking in the ice jungle in the summer before making a move to Treviso (to play 2 games) in 2016.
His primary goal is the make the 2017 Lions squad and if he can get a run of games there he hopes to make an impact at the 2019 rugby world cup.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Henson to leave Cardiff Blues Empty Re: Henson to leave Cardiff Blues

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

I'll be honest - I giggled.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

Don't laugh it's completely factual. Historically too.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

Laughing at your name as much as anything else - reminds me how immature I am, especially at this time of the morning.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

I wondered how long it would be for someone to post this message!

He has had two pretty ordinary games, he went missing in the second half against the Ospreys. Now the press are saying that his injury "is a concern to Wales!"

Lets be honest Sweeny and Parks are keeping him out of the 10 shirt and Gavin Evans and Hewitt are keeping him out of the 12 jersey. Not exactly international call up form.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Seagultaf wrote:I wondered how long it would be for someone to post this message!

He has had two pretty ordinary games, he went missing in the second half against the Ospreys. Now the press are saying that his injury "is a concern to Wales!"

Lets be honest Sweeny and Parks are keeping him out of the 10 shirt and Gavin Evans and Hewitt are keeping him out of the 12 jersey. Not exactly international call up form.

Actually, injury to Cuthbert, T.James, Czekaj and Mustoe have kept Henson out of the 12 shirt.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

So was Henson being lined up fro a starting role in the 6ns?

Surely if that is true then that would be a total insult to those players who have been bursting a gut "ALL YEAR". unlike Henson who has opny played 2/3 games in 3/4 years.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

As we all know in any job, theres those who 'bust a gut' as you put it, but never quite get there, and theres those who dont need to 'bust a gut' because most of their talent , in whatever field( ha !) they are in is natural talent and just needs to be used properly to reach maximum potential.

just because you do a job week in and out , does not necessarily make you more proficient than a newcomer, or someone whos been out of work for a while.

look after that injury gav, you will be needed sooner than we all thought.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:22 am

tedious
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 09 Jan 2012, 6:16 am

gavstar wrote:As we all know in any job, theres those who 'bust a gut' as you put it, but never quite get there, and theres those who dont need to 'bust a gut' because most of their talent , in whatever field( ha !) they are in is natural talent and just needs to be used properly to reach maximum potential.

just because you do a job week in and out , does not necessarily make you more proficient than a newcomer, or someone whos been out of work for a while.

look after that injury gav, you will be needed sooner than we all thought.

Very True. Same reason why Ashley Smith, Richie Pugh/Jonathan Edwards, Lee Williams will never be considered for Wales however many times they play for their respective regions.
For example Andrew Bishop you could say has busted his gut out all year but i would never consider him for the Welsh shirt again unless we were out of options.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:19 am

majesticimperialman wrote:So was Henson being lined up fro a starting role in the 6ns?

Surely if that is true then that would be a total insult to those players who have been bursting a gut "ALL YEAR". unlike Henson who has opny played 2/3 games in 3/4 years.

I was at my dad's yesterday and got to read Saturday's Western Mail and their rugby journalists' predictions for 2012. They all had Henson down as a cert for the Six Nations squad. He's played almost no rugby in the last few months and they have him strolling back into the national squad. My opinion is that he doesn't deserve preferential treatment.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:16 am

So if Michael Caine didn't make a film for 10 years, but Christopher Biggins has worked every panto going, then we should pick Biggins for the blockbuster movie because of his "hard work".

Makes sense to field an injured Henson. He is a class above the rest and the reward is worth the risk.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

bigballbag wrote:He is a class above the rest and the reward is worth the risk.

Really? - not sure he has proved that in the last 4 years

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:02 am

Gatland the person that matters seems to think so. I'd rather take his word for it than you.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Time For Trumpton Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

Regardless of his talent, if he is being considered for inclusion in the Welsh National team, they're either desperate for some reason or they're oblivious that his selection is an insult to the encumbants.

Time For Trumpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down