The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012: Be Gone the Waiting

+2
BoxingFan88
davidemore
6 posters

Go down

2012: Be Gone the Waiting Empty 2012: Be Gone the Waiting

Post by davidemore Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:57 pm

We are waiting for Amir to stop moaning. We are waiting for Pac and Pretty to get down to some nitty gritty. We are waiting for the governing bodies to show some minerals and make fights between champions and challengers happen. We are waiting for the birth of a new star. One that excites and delights us, a star born that is expressive and outspoken.

We are waiting for Lara to be given another shot, for judges to be consistent, Pavlik to dry out. While we wait we hope that Lucian Bute beats his old hag addiction, and fights someone of note far away from his washing line. We wait for our British fighters to perform on the world scene with more craftsmanship and strategy, more dignity. We wait for Kell Brook to burst onto the world scene, for Chunky to get KO'd.

In the darkness of the evening, when the sun is long gone and the crisp winter wind triumphant, we wait for Roy and Holyfield to hang up their gloves and go in search of their braincells. We hope and pray that the heavyweights no longer wait, and give us fights that don't involve more jabs than a syphilis clinic.

How we wait to see if Frank Warren can live up to one of his many promises, If old big head can take one fighter to the US, offer one decent title defense. We wait to see if George Groves can shine on, and if his coach can resist the urge to make stupid statements about his fighter. We wait to see if Mick Hennessey is actually a bubble.

We watch and enjoy Tyson Fury, who despite his flaws fights on as we wait. Taking many challenges and somehow keeping his 0, despite so often ignoring his natural attributes. We wait to see if Andre Ward will leave California, and bless the rest of the world with his eye-catching talents.

We wait to see if the bull that spills from promoters mouths like a burst water main will remain. If GBP and Arum can stop being in house promoters. We wait to see if Alvarez's birth certificate finally reveals that his father is named Paddy. We watch as Chavez Jr throws a gazillion punches, waiting in hope, that it leads to a fight of meaning.

So much for us to hope for this year, and as die hard fans it is a deserved hope. We have waited and in that time seen glorious blooms: the super six, the birth of a talent not seen since Floyd in Ward. We have seen barn stormers (Froch, Kirkland, Ortiz). Oh our senses have been heightened, i cannot deny the joy that 2011 brought. I just hope for a more consistent joy in 2012, and for this i require no more waiting.

I thank you (emore bows).

davidemore

Back to top Go down

2012: Be Gone the Waiting Empty Re: 2012: Be Gone the Waiting

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:35 pm

Awesome stuff, although I hope you enjoy waiting =(.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:19 pm

Thanks boxingfan! and i fear you may be right, i fear waiting is resting on all of our shoulders, metaphorically.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

How come it was fine for Froch to fight Johnson but when Bute does it he gets stick? Bute beat him more convincingly than Froch did.

When did Adam Booth make stupid statements about Groves? When Groves was linked with Froch Booth dismissed the idea and said Groves was nowhere that level and highlighted just about everyone of his faults.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:37 pm

Bute beat him coming off a loss Froch did it coming off a win.

Look how long Bute has been champion and look at who he has fought.

Now look at how long Ward and Froch have been champion and look at who they have fought. That's the biggest problem.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

I get the point but Johnson was coming off a loss to a guy some good judges had in their top 10 P4P list so hardly a poor loss for Johnson. That one defeat never turned Johnson into a poor fighter.

The super 6 froze Bute out of the picture but no doubt his handlers have gave him it easy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

Adam Booth said that Groves couldn't defend an over hand right, which may be true but is silly to say publicly. Froch had to fight Johnson, had to, it wasa tournament fight. Bute didn't. Simples.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

Would love some feedback on this...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

Good article but i dont agree with 2 points. I like De Gale and dont want to see him get Knocked Out, i just wish he had a different attitude, but the guy has got bags full of potential. I want TYSON FURY KTFO. Cant stand him. This brings me on to number 2. I dont ENJOY watching Tyson Fury, i just watch with intent as i hope he gets crumbled through the canvas.

Either way i will wait as long as it takes, because as soon as he fights a real puncher such as S.Williams, Klitshckos, Arreola etc, he will get the biggest KO of his life. And that, my friends, is something that will be well worth the WAIT. boxing

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

Good points and cool boxing smilies!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:34 pm

davidemore wrote:Adam Booth said that Groves couldn't defend an over hand right, which may be true but is silly to say publicly. Froch had to fight Johnson, had to, it wasa tournament fight. Bute didn't. Simples.

It's not silly to say publicly everyone knows it anyway and it's a motivational thing. Just keeping George in check making sure he doesn't get ahead of himself. I thought it was good to hear most trainers talk utter garbage about their fighters.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:06 pm

I don't think there is all that much difference in the Johnson wins coming from Bute and Froch, no long lay off no opposition in between, think it was basically the same Johnson just that Bute was capable of making him look rather poor, whereas Carl always likes to do things the hard way.

I like Adam Booth the guy talks sense, he's not everyones cup of tea but he seems very methodical and I prefer him to his rivals trainer, who in my opinion acts like a bit of a turd in comparison.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

Same rediculous overtones and ponsy articulation as ever

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:19 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:Same rediculous overtones and ponsy articulation as ever

You sound like my dad

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:Same rediculous overtones and ponsy articulation as ever

You sound like my dad

Your dad compares you to a ponse?

Bad times Alex

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:44 pm

Please keep the thread related to the topic. Really hoping for a top 2012 for boxing, it deserves it.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down