The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been waiting since 2007...

4 posters

Go down

I've been waiting since 2007... Empty I've been waiting since 2007...

Post by Notch Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

...to see Ireland to finish ahead of France on points difference!

After years of frustration and narrow misses in the Six Nations, Ireland have finally finished ahead of France on points difference. Well done to all involved. Unfortunately, on this occasion, France are still the ones who have beaten us to the trophy (see below)

Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

I've been waiting since 2007... Empty Re: I've been waiting since 2007...

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:09 pm

It's bad enough being beaten by them for the Championship under Eddie time and time again when we deserved it. We really deserved the wooden spoon this season and to see it ripped from our grasp is hard to take.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:11 pm

Indeed. The perfidious French have subjected us to the indignity of missing out on our well-earned indignity.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:14 pm

They didn't actually win the Spoon outright though, just the Bowl I reckon... The Bottom of the Bowl Competition.

Congratulations France but we nearly pipped you to the post there. A hard fought battle this year between two old adversaries.

I'm trying to think of it on the funny side. But I'm in truth devastated by that 6N campaign. Haunting stuff that will take a massive resurgence of fortune in the coming months/years to lift the gloom. And I truly don't know where the resurgence will come from. Let's not fool ourselves - even with the majority of our first teamers fit and playing, we've still massively underperformed in recent years and continue to slide down the rankings with only little blip uplifts to stall the fall.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:18 pm

Awk Fly, chin up lad. If your a nordie like me you can hide behind your British passport. Sure we're all winners and Britannia rules the waves.

RTE are full of nonsense at times but they got one thing utterly right- look at Wales, England, Italy and Scotland and the different a new coaching ticket can do to a team. Deccie himself is a prime example of managing to take someone else's team over the line when Eddie couldn't manage it. Change for change sake is not ideal, but lets face it, nothing could be as bad as Kidney has been in the past couple of seasons.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

I actually think Ireland should have beaten France last week, injuries cost them the win so the spoon is well deserved for France. Great to see.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down