The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your perspective

+12
Nico the gman
superflyweight
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
AlexHuckerby
OasisBFC
JabMachine
88Chris05
huw
HumanWindmill
ShahenshahG
johnson2
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your perspective - Page 2 Empty Your perspective

Post by johnson2 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

First topic message reminder :

It is easy being a fan of a sport, and quite often, as fans, we criticise those who compete in our chosen sport as cheats, money grabbers, duckers etc...

No doubt many of these things are true. Tevez is a money grabbing turd, Calzaghe systematically ducked nearly all major challenges in his time and Manny and Floyd are happy to fight boxers far, far inferior to themselves and rake in the millions doing so.

The question is would any of you do anything different. If a football club offered to quadrouple your wages, are you realy suggesting you wouldnt leave. If you could stay at home fighting tins of soup for decent money for 10 years with no risk, would you turn this revenue stream down for higher risk fights.

Each person is obviously different. What type of person would you be. Fight the best (sometimes for less money) in a quest to be remembered as a great, or chase the money which will allow you to provide for you and your family and fund a lavish retirement.

I know which I would do... chase the money.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Your perspective - Page 2 Empty Re: Your perspective

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:41 am

I'm used to being dis-respected on here!!!

All a disguise to hide the fact that deep down they really worship Americans...!!

I await the day they all come out the closet!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 am

Give it 20 years and you'll be worshipping the Chinese....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 am

Time to cut Alex some slack, now he's a tenancy support assistant. Had we known he'd been promoted from HR assistant to rent boy, i'm sure everyone would get off his back... well everyone except his clients

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:31 am

milkyboy wrote:Time to cut Alex some slack, now he's a tenancy support assistant. Had we known he'd been promoted from HR assistant to rent boy, i'm sure everyone would get off his back... well everyone except his clients
laughing laughing laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 am

Just a gentle reminder to try and bring things back on topic.

This thread has seriously gone off the beat and track.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 am

sigh... if we must.

Professional boxers are just that, professionals... they fight for money. They may dream of being an all time great... and when they are already rich they may start thinking about legacy so keyboard warriors such as ourselves can wax lyrical about them in years to come. But for the vast majority its money first, recognition second imo. That's not to say they don't to be considered the best, of course they do.

It's easy to sit here and say, take the big fight, but if you are advised you can take a few low risk ones to fill the bank balance first then most people will take that. I have an ego the size of a small african country and would like to think i'd fight all comers for glory had i been a boxer, but I suspect when my wife nagged me about a new car, i'd be signing to fight any washed up old has been before you could say ray robinson.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2