The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

+17
sportslover
Tenez
luciusmann
invisiblecoolers
erictheblueuk
kaeru
Henman Bill
Jubbahey
amritia3ee
barrystar
laverfan
Jahu
Mad for Chelsea
legendkillar
LuvSports!
JuliusHMarx
Simple_Analyst
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO - Page 7 Empty Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 11:41

First topic message reminder :

With the AO days away, tennis will be back in full again and with that comes some great plays, bad plays and out right disgraceful plays. Players have bad habits they can't stop when playing. This actually is not what they do between breaks but when the ball is in motion.

Federer verbally attacked Djokovic at last years USO for hitting a winner off his serve using a bad play ground tennis habit of "hit hard and hope for the best". Well that may be true but i call it guts. Anyway, these are the bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO.

1. Ball Shanking - Main culprit - Roger Federer.

Shanking is a disgraceful habit cultivated at a young age. It's worse when you consider shanking is when a player throws racquet at a ball in hope just because he couldn't time the ball properly or lacks the skills to deal with certain types of balls. Thankfully for the good image of tennis, shanking often results in the ball ending in the net or in the crowd.

2. Hawkeye Abuse - Main Culprit - Federer

Hawkeye hypocrisy in the worse crime in tennis. For a player who was vocally against hawkeye when it was introduced leading to even challenging it's accuracy, Federer abuses the hawkeye system more than any other player. Using it to break opponents rythm ; poor gamesmanship.

3. Choking - Main Culprits - Roger Federer, Victor Triocki.

My advise - Get a sport psychologist.

Choking is an embarrasing habit that must be eradicated from the game. Hit an ace on match point. Don't hit the ball into the net on match point. No 5th set choking or mental crumbling.

Here is to a great AO free of the above.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 11:46; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by carrieg4 Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 20:53

Simple_Analyst wrote:The 8 different matches. The videos that are on the web? Or in your field of law, video evidence is pointless?

It's not evidence unless it points in the direction of what you are trying to prove. It merely shows that he lost the matches from match point, no more no less. Now prove it was as a result of choking or give up. No more procrastinating.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad tennis habits i don't want to see at the AO

Post by Jubbahey Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 20:55

Simple_Analyst wrote:Jubbahey perhaps you answer the question i asked earlier that Carrieg4 failed miserably to answer. Is Federer talented? How do you prove it?

Quite simple really, watch him play !

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 20:56

Now I've answered someone else's question from you, maybe you can answer mine, eh?

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 20:56

Simple_Analyst wrote:Jubbaheyz perhaps you answer the question i asked earlier that a Carrieg4 failed miserably to answer. Is Federer talented? How do you prove it?

If you had actually read, or comprehended, my answer you would know that talent cannot be entirely proved objectively as it is partly subjective in nature. I did not claim it as a fact, merely an opinion. You are still procrastinating.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 21:05

Jubbahey wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Jubbahey perhaps you answer the question i asked earlier that Carrieg4 failed miserably to answer. Is Federer talented? How do you prove it?

Quite simple really, watch him play !

Video evidence. Well well...

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 21:10

carrieg4 wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Jubbaheyz perhaps you answer the question i asked earlier that a Carrieg4 failed miserably to answer. Is Federer talented? How do you prove it?

If you had actually read, or comprehended, my answer you would know that talent cannot be entirely proved objectively as it is partly subjective in nature. I did not claim it as a fact, merely an opinion. You are still procrastinating.

So it's a partly subjective opinion or subjective? So saying Federer is a choker is also subjective but partly objective. You agree with that?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 21:14

To be honest i lack the 'physicality' to continue this debate. I don't have the luxury of egg chambers or doctors to help me recover so we disagree to agree on the fact Federer is a choker.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 21:21

clap

Congrats you have exceeded 300 posts on what can only be described as a wind up thread for the Fed fans.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 21:32

Not a huge tennis fan but is it okay if I add something?

Could Rafa stopp scratching his arse and taking his jocks out of that area? Does it every game like!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 22:33

OK SA, have it your way, but answer me this...

Are you stupid or intelligent ?

Please provide evidence with whatever answer you manage to come up with.

Bearing in mind that this doesnt make the slightest bit of sense..."So it's a partly subjective opinion or subjective? So saying Federer is a choker is also subjective but partly objective. You agree with that?"

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 23:06

I must have missed that did he really say Federer was not just a choker but the worst one? Well then he's just wumming isn't he. Ignore him. You guys get sucked in too much.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 23:16

Jubbahey but the evidence makes it an objective conclusion. Same as how you concluded by saying Federer is talented by watching him. Like i said, he disagree to agree on this debate. I see Federer a choker when under pressure. If i had said i see Federer loses concentration other pressure, it would have sounded better. People just don't like the word "choke".

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 23:44

@ SA, we not fleeing away, its just getting bored to debate with you, shouting the point louder doesnt mean its right, you have to remember the great Sampras choked the wimbledon match against the 19 year old choker in 5th set. , I know you dont like to remember that and would just safely skip that.

-----
You still havent answered the above question, is Sampras the biggest choker in the history? coz he choked against the choker in his play court [grass wimbledon] that too being a defending champion against a teenager Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 23:52

Did old and out of form Sampras have match points? Remember a barely 20 year old Del Potro also exposed Federer's mental fragities in this case by coming 2 points away from defeat and still beating the 27 year old Federer.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 2:36

Simple_Analyst wrote:Remember a barely 20 year old Del Potro also exposed Federer's mental fragities in this case by coming 2 points away from defeat and still beating the 27 year old Federer.

Some more recycling going on 606v2. Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:37

Simple_Analyst wrote:Jubbahey but the evidence makes it an objective conclusion. Same as how you concluded by saying Federer is talented by watching him. Like i said, he disagree to agree on this debate. I see Federer a choker when under pressure. If i had said i see Federer loses concentration other pressure, it would have sounded better. People just don't like the word "choke".

That is subjective, not objective. AKA an opinion.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:50

Simple_Analyst wrote:Did old and out of form Sampras have match points? Remember a barely 20 year old Del Potro also exposed Federer's mental fragities in this case by coming 2 points away from defeat and still beating the 27 year old Federer.

That is what the game is all about, everybody lose and nobody can have perfect record, its the consistency of how many you win determines the quality, not how many you lose, nobody rated Sampras as a great player coz he lost little amount of matches but coz of how many important matches/Grandslams he has won, same is the case for Federer, Nadal will be called the GOAT when he outbeats Fed's tally of GS, till then it doesnt matter how many matches Fed lose he will still be called GOAT coz he won 16 slams.

A person is measured by his success not by his failures , hope you understand thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:40

invisiblecoolers wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Did old and out of form Sampras have match points? Remember a barely 20 year old Del Potro also exposed Federer's mental fragities in this case by coming 2 points away from defeat and still beating the 27 year old Federer.

That is what the game is all about, everybody lose and nobody can have perfect record, its the consistency of how many you win determines the quality, not how many you lose, nobody rated Sampras as a great player coz he lost little amount of matches but coz of how many important matches/Grandslams he has won, same is the case for Federer, Nadal will be called the GOAT when he outbeats Fed's tally of GS, till then it doesnt matter how many matches Fed lose he will still be called GOAT coz he won 16 slams.

A person is measured by his success not by his failures , hope you understand thumbsup

Oh, that's telling me, and I thought Federer was the GOAT because he has lost 196 matches compared to Sampras's 222
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7