The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland

+22
bluestonevedder
rodders
Gatts
wales606
Morgannwg
nganboy
maestegmafia
Shifty
J_D
LiziDragons
gowales
Knowsit17
mckay1402
NeverMySoul
TycroesOsprey
Looseheaded
Rory_Gallagher
Eclipse
Glas a du
Rava
bedfordwelsh
Luckless Pedestrian
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland - Page 3 Empty Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Go on then.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:56 am

My abiding memory of Henson playing for Wales in Dublin is of him coming on as an early replacement to hoots of derision from the crowd and playing poorly in a heavy defeat. The Irish players would look at his name on the team sheet and think, 'oh good, Wales aren't picking their best players.'

He was a star; he may go on to be a star again; but on current form I wouldn't want him in the starting XV.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: Pick your starting XV for Wales v Ireland

Post by maestegmafia Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:13 am

Lock is the most interesting position, could be a surprise there. Ian Evans and Bradley Davies are the obvious candidates, but Adam jones might be seen as a good man to have having played so well.

Then there are the back give players like Ryan jones, Aaron Shingler, jon Thomas. And youngsters like McCauly Cook

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Glas a du wrote:The guys a star. Can you imagine the impact on the Irish dressing room of his name being on the team sheet?

Yeah they'll be chuffed we didn't pick the ballboy from last year

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:45 am

Chwi o ychydig ffydd

Class is permanent. I'd love to see Beck there, just not first game up.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

Apparently the ball boy has a welsh born cousin living in Dublin working at the Aviva that signed a contract with the WRU when he was in the ball boy under 20s squad last year.

Might work out alright for us...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

The youngsters had their chance at the WC and only came 4th. Now is NOT the time for youth or experiments. We need experience, cool heads and a bit of talent thrown in. I'd opt for:
1. I Thomas
2. M Davies
3. D Jones
4. W James
5. R Sidoli
6. D Jones
7. M Williams
8. C Charvis
9. G Cooper
10. K Sweeney
11. S Williams
12. G Henson
13. T Shanklin
14. T James
15. K Morgan

Wot a team clap
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:46 am

offload wrote:The youngsters had their chance at the WC and only came 4th. Now is NOT the time for youth or experiments. We need experience, cool heads and a bit of talent thrown in. I'd opt for:
1. I Thomas
2. M Davies
3. D Jones
4. W James
5. R Sidoli
6. D Jones
7. M Williams
8. C Charvis
9. G Cooper
10. K Sweeney
11. S Williams
12. G Henson
13. T Shanklin
14. T James
15. K Morgan

Wot a team clap

except of course that about a third of this team has retired and Will James was always shoite. Unless you are Gareth Jenkins in disguise.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3