The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC coverage of australian open

5 posters

Go down

BBC coverage of australian open Empty BBC coverage of australian open

Post by murrayfan Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the BBC will be broadcasting the evening sessions this year?
In the past, the BBC have shown the AO every morning on interactive but this year, they only list showing the two finals on TV.
I don't have Sky or Eurosport, and the free live streams are so unreliable so really hope they haven't got rid of their coverage this year!

Thanks

murrayfan

Back to top Go down

BBC coverage of australian open Empty Re: BBC coverage of australian open

Post by erictheblueuk Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm

BBC AO 2012 Coverage:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6102132.stm
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 am

i hope andrew cotter doesn't commentate who was so out of place last year, a decent rugby, golf and athletics commentator but should stay well away from tennis. I liked the old duo of Lloyd and the other guy what was his name?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by murrayfan Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 am

erictheblueuk wrote:BBC AO 2012 Coverage:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6102132.stm

Thanks!
It seems that bbc are only broadcasting one of the SF and the finals this year so will probably have to get Eurosport.
Has anyone tried the Eurosport Player before?

murrayfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 am

try this livescorehunter.ro
its a goody trust!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 am

I've got eurosport on Virgin, so Im a happy bunny, not sure how much it costs, but it looks like it'll be live, so 5am games are on the cards.

LShunter has never let me down in the past, its better than nothing, or even reading R5 live texts.

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Eurosport player I had a bad experience as they charged me monies after I had cancelled and had no active account. The customer service was so incompetent that I had a tremendous fight to get it back. But if you're willing to take a chance that you won't need any service, it is actually tremendously good for several reasons:

1 - Better quality picture than a free stream.
2 - Choice of several matches.
3 - Playback service. So if a match is on a 4am avoid the score and watch it that evening whenever you like. If 2 matches are on at the same time you can watch them both. You can also pause the playback service. One downside is that it is very hard to avoid seeing the length of the recording, which, ultimately will give away the final result (e.g. if you see the recording is only 2.5 hours long and someone goes 2 sets to love up, the match is over).
4 - Very unlikely that there'll be many matches you want to watch and can't, especially after the first round.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Other option is find someone you know who has Sky TV but doesn't use their Sky Go online log in and offer them £10 to use it for 2 weeks - or £10 a month for the whole year even. That is roughly what I am doing and - it may vary by customer - but one of the channels on there is Eurosport which should include the AO although I imagine I won't get pick of matches.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down