The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite gimmick match ever?

+9
JoshSansom
AberdeenSteve
#GenZ
Kramxel
Holymiky
ADMIN
Fernando
Marky
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Best. gimmick. match. Ever.

What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap16%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap16%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap12%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_lcap12%What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 25

What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Empty What is your favourite gimmick match ever?

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:14 am

Quite simple - what is your favourite gimmick that you have the privilege of seeing?

Feel free to list any that I have forgotten!

Last edited by Hobo on Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Empty Re: What is your favourite gimmick match ever?

Post by Marky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

Kiss my foot match?
Paddle on a pole match?
Evening Gown match?

Marky

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Empty Re: What is your favourite gimmick match ever?

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:21 am

the pirannha deathmatch Very Happy

gotta hold someones head in a box of pirannah's for 10 seconds to win

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:21 am

Mop on a pole match with Perry Saturn?

Fans bring the Weapons match

Hard 10 match (points awarded for use of weapons, first to 10 points wins!)

Taipei Deathmatch (hands are taped. glued and covered in broken glass)

Crazy 8 match (trampolenes & rope swings!)

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:43 am

I voted for the Punjabi prison match, partly because i don't remember many if any of the others. Can anyone tell me what the triple cage match is? Sounds awesome.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt8fXqstyoE (the first part has Jeff Jarrett v Sting - a sign of the future perhaps!)

link to the triple cage match.

You should check out the good housekeeping match for the IC title - genius!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWC6cKpAnvc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:47 am

I cannot view those at work, i will check them when i'm home later Hobo and Fernando, cheers. What did it involve though?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramxel Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:12 pm

My Favourite would have to be the ken shamrock handicap match where he fought in a straight-jacket and still managed to choke out his opponent!!

Kramxel

Back to top Go down

Post by #GenZ Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:17 pm

The one's I hate are the blindfold matches, really what is the point there?

#GenZ

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite gimmick match ever? Empty Best Gimmick Matches

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May 2011, 3:02 pm

This is a thread to discuss the best gimmick matches in wrestling history. I am not talking about the type of match ie Hell in A Cell, Cage but I am more looking to see your views on what were the best matches that involved a gimmick. Be it for a crazy spot, or the feud before the match.

My favourite gimmick match will always be the Triangle TLC match at Wrestlemania X7. So many insane spots, especially with Edge spearing Hardy from about 20 foot in the air. These three tag teams feuds were so good and this match was just one of several brilliant matches these guys had.

Over to you and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 25 May 2011, 3:38 pm

In my opinion TLC I at Summerslam 2000 (its on WWEO btw) was better than the second version.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 25 May 2011, 3:43 pm

The 6-man hell in a cell match at Armageddon 2000 comes to mind for me. Maybe because I was young and impressionable, but it has always stuck with me.

The 2000 Royal Rumble 'street fight' between HHH and Cactus Jack was another that I recall. Gutted when Cactus Jack got beaten.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 25 May 2011, 3:53 pm

Punjabi Prison match was ruined by Khali being unable to compete and Big show stepping in

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 5:14 pm

Table & Ladders & Chairs - Oh My!

The Hardys, Dudleys and E&C produced some of best performances I've seen in all my time watching wrestling.

I don't think there will ever be another group of people that could pull off a TLC match as entertaining as the above mentioned people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 25 May 2011, 7:54 pm

Didn't Bulldog & Shamrock have a match were the loser had to eat Dog Food?

Mountie vs Bossman jailhouse match!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 25 May 2011, 8:15 pm

I voted for the Punjabi Prison match, in all seriousness I didn't actually think it was a bad concept. It didn't work, but the concept was alright.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 May 2011, 8:43 pm

The Hell in a Cell matches where brilliant before they elevated the Cell roof and the no blood rule, those are matches that definitely do need colour and I've always been a fan of tie Ladder Match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down