The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan)

5 posters

Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan) Empty It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan)

Post by Don Caboose Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 am

Things are a bit lame at the moment.

In one month Zack Ryder has gone from cult hero to Cena's Ed Leslie. Cena himself should change his motto to "Rise Above C**p", because thats exactly what he's having to do now against Kane. Punk is having 2 counts counted as 3. Jericho won't open his mouth when it was his very best quality. Orton's fall down the stairs was as convincing as Barrett's Wasteland. The tag team Champions have been all but forgotten. The man who started 2011 in possession of the WWE Championship and beat Cena at Wrestlemania is now running scared of the former K-Kwik. Henry has gone from the baddest man on either roster to being scared of the Big Slow. Cole still ruins almost everything with his nonsense...

...seriously, I can't go on.

But it's not like I'm going to stop watching. I've sat through HHH burying everyone who dared to get over. I watched the entire InVasion. I stayed up late to watch SuperCena kill off the Nexus. I watched WCW to the (very) bitter end. I even tried to watch the last Bound For Glory!

Why would I stop now? The Royal Rumble is fast approaching and that means we are on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Like I said, it's the most wonderful time of the year to be a wrestling fan.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan) Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan)

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Here here!!

I said the same thing to Mrs. More Awesome after Raw the other night. She hasn't watched it for as long as myself but said that it was the worst Raw she had seen and it left her feeling bored.

I told her how it's the road to Mania and so it's going to get better.

I've booked the day off work after the Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Mania so i can stay up and watch them all.

This time of year in the wrestling world for me is the like the run up to Christmas, full of excitement!!

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan) Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year (to be a pro-wrestling fan)

Post by MtotheC Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Some good points Don

This is the time of the year when things start to happen and get interesting so hopefully we can see an improvement, imo the rumble is the best ppv, i just love the rumble match always have and it should see some feuds being created that lead up to mania

Jericho- punk
Taker- HHH
Cena- Rock

All three angles should start to build up some heat during the rtwm so maybe things are on the cusp of getting more interesting

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

That's the best thing about being a Wrestling fan

For most people the start of the year is boring, just a ling year ahead until it's Christmas again but for us it's April before you know it, by then you get into the business end of the season, then you've got a holiday in the summer as aswell as World Cup/Euro Championships every second year, after that it's the start of the season and before you know it it's the run up to xmas again

Quick year when you're a wrestling fan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 pm

All fun and games the build but manias recently have been sub-par. Pretty average matches with 1 or 2 great matches.

This year's is shaping up to be quality Smile

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down