The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses

+3
Steffan
OasisBFC
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
7 posters

Go down

Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses Empty Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

Hey boyos!!!

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet so her goes. Taken from Sky Sports!!

Ricky Burns is promising a "great night" at the Braehead Arena on March 10 when he takes on Namibian Paulus Moses.

The Scot will put his interim WBO lightweight world title on the line on home soil when he faces a fighter who has lost just once in 29 fights.

Former WBA champion Moses, 33, is known as 'The Hitman' and has won 19 bouts by knockout.

Burns, who claimed the belt with an impressive points victory over Michael Katsidis at Wembley last November, admits he is taking a risk, particularly as he doesn't yet know too much about his next opponent.

"It is a risky fight and I can't afford to take it lightly but I'm glad that I have got it," he said.

"I'm sure it will be a cracking fight and I am glad it is at the Braehead Arena.

"I have not seen much footage of him but I will have a look at some DVDs and, as ever, I will be training for a hard fight.

"The public are in for a great night."
Crolla fight

A fight with British champion Anthony Crolla had seemed a possibility but promoter Frank Warren was unable to reach agreement on finances with the camp of the Manchester fighter, who is promoted by Ricky Hatton.

"Moses is a far bigger name than Crolla," said Warren. "You couldn't mention them in the same breath.

"A fight between Ricky and Crolla would have been a domestic dust-up.

"Moses has been there and done it. This is the fight for the fans.

"The best incentive for Ricky is that if he is not 100% then he will have a problem.

"He can't afford not to take this seriously.

"This guy is a good fighter."

For his part, Moses is heading to Glasgow looking to become a world champion for a second time in his career.

"I am thankful for the opportunity," he said. "I have lost one title and I want to win this one.

"I am coming to win the fight and be world champion again and I will make sure I put everything in to it.

"I am not going to disappoint people."

So what do you think about this match up. Moses has a handly KO record and once parted the red sea.

He was KO'ed by Miguel Acosta in the 6th to lose his WBA belt in 2010. And from there has had 3 relatively easy fights.

So....good or bad match? Im thinking its a decent fight as Burns normally puts in a good shift when facing heavyhanded fighters.

Burns UD I predict........a riot!!

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses Empty Re: Ricky Burns vs Paulus Moses

Post by OasisBFC Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:36 pm

i would have loved to see crolla get a shot.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

I seen this yesterday and was gonna post it but no doubt Coxy (who thankfully hasnt been on here much recently) would have complained about me copying and pasting too many articles

A good matchup for Ricky as its a keep busy fight with a fair bit of challenge. Everyone seems to be hyping up Anthony Crolla (big article on him in Boxing Monthly) but lets be honest Ricky would take him apart so this fight makes more sense

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

Would still like to see the Crolla fight though, good domestic bust-up. Would be nice to see it following this fight before Ricky wins the title proper. Would also still like to see the Mitchell fight, Mitchell-Crolla with the winner to fight Burns for the title/interim title could be good!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

I think Burns would have too much for Crolla but it would have been a decent scrap I think.

It's nothing more than a stay busy fight for Burns and I'm interested to see who he'll fight next.

Ideally I'd like to see him face Mitchell. I think Rios will be moving up but that would be a good fight to see as well. Perhaps a fight with Linares, Molina or even Guerrero (unless he's moved up in weight).

I can't see him fighting Marquez, who has biggest fish to fry and plus I think Marquez would school Burns.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:51 pm

I think JMM will settle at LWW now and probably not venture back down to LW unless there's a really big fight.

He put on the weight for the Manny fight so much better than for Floyd, looked in really good shape, so may want to just maintain that rather than boil down.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:27 pm

Yeh he's said that if the Pacquaio fight doesn't come off (highly unlikely) then he wants either Bradley or Peterson.

Now that Peterson looks set to fight Khan again, I wouldn't mind seeing him against Bradley.

I've done a little preview for the Burns fight on my blog site. Feel free to check it out & leave some comments. (link is below)

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/burns-set-for-homecoming-defence/
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Nice one SS!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:57 am

id fancy crolla to make it a close fight, would have been a good one that. burns is on a collision course with mitchell though and i dont think they will be giving ricky too many tough fights before that one.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

Not seen much of Moses but on paper he looks a puncher but he's been taken the distance by the better fighters he's faced like Kobori and Shimada who have decent chins. Miguel Acosta sparked him out

From what I've seen of Moses on youtube he looks to fight up close but looks pretty useless on the outside. His jab lacks any snap and he doesn't move his head much. Burns could win this pretty comfortably if he keeps it at long range behind his good jab and works the body he may be able to force a late stoppage.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down