The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad.

+5
Casartelli
Morgannwg
Knowsit17
bedfordwelsh
bigballbag
9 posters

Go down

Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad. Empty Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad.

Post by bigballbag Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:20 pm

Both playing better than any other scrum halves or centres in Wales at present.

Webb easily better than Lloyd Williams
Tavis Knoyle useless.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad. Empty Re: Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad.

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

Knoyle is out injured anyway so won't be involved.

Phillips and Ll Williams are 1 and 2 I feel in Gatlands eyes so 3rd slot up for grabs.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad. Empty Re: Rhys Webb and Ashley Beck must be in the Wales squad.

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

What an insightful read, best 23 words of my life. Who needs elaboration?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:01 pm

They will be, Webb 3rd choice (behind Phillips, Williams) and Beck 4th choice (behind Roberts, Davies, S.Williams).

Although you are very ignorant ballbag, I think you are spot on in your summisation of Tavis Knoyle.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:05 pm

Webb and Beck are fine club/celtic league players.

Not international calibre though.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Casartelli wrote:Webb and Beck are fine club/celtic league players.

Clairvoyant are you?

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:12 pm

Webb will be 3rd choice SH, but should get a chance since I think he is quality

Beck should get in as 4th choice centre, but Henson may be prefered. He deserves a chance to become 3rd choice centre.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

I think Scott williams has to put a big performance in for the Scarlets as Beck looks to be the man at the moment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:24 pm

If we are looking at four centre spots then you would have to say Roberts and JD are nailed on, that for me leaves Beck, Williams and Henson in frame for the other two.

Beck - certainly the form centre at the moment and deserves a squad place at least.

Williams - Needs a huge game tomorrow if going to get ahead of Beck, though as he has been involved in squad might just save him.

Henson - We all know Gatlands view on him and if he has a good game tomorrow at 12 then I think he will be in squad.

So for me it should be Roberts, JD2,Beck and Henson.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

If Scrum halves are picked on form, then you'd have to say Dwayne Peel to start with Webb on the bench.

Centres on form, your probably looking at Roberts and Beck starting, with JD" and Scott Williams backing them up.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:54 pm

It's great for Welsh rugby that we have all these names flying around.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm

Cymroglan wrote:It's great for Welsh rugby that we have all these names flying around.

Welsh rugby has always had this depth in the backs, the problem is we never have a set of forwards to get them the ball! Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

AlynDavies wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:It's great for Welsh rugby that we have all these names flying around.

Welsh rugby has always had this depth in the backs, the problem is we never have a set of forwards to get them the ball! Whistle
What about the sets of forwards that won the Grandslams in 05 and 08, the forwards that we have a the moment that looked pretty damn effective at the RWC.

I would say Wales have some very good forwards at the moment and the academies seem to be producing more and more every year.

Adam Jones, Gethin Jenkins, Charteris, Warburton and Faletau have all recently been praised by foreign journalists as being some of the best players in the World.

Why do you think the opposite?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:45 am

When will people please start giving Lydiate some credit, he is in great form like Faletau and does so much unseen work (maybe thats why) the guy has an engine like nothing else.

Where can I start my campaign lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:49 am

Lydiate is a great player and would be a huge asset in the Welsh squad but unfortunately for him and Wales he seems to get injured at key moments.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:52 am

Is Lydiate injured now?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:52 am

bigballbag wrote:

Clairvoyant are you?

Of course not! Silly. Just an exceptional judge of rugby talent.

If Webb or Beck ever become established test players I'll donate fifty grand to the 'Deport Sean Holley' campaign fund.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

Casartelli wrote:
bigballbag wrote:

Clairvoyant are you?

Of course not! Silly. Just an exceptional judge of rugby talent.

If Webb or Beck ever become established test players I'll donate fifty grand to the 'Deport Sean Holley' campaign fund.

Cas,

I think you'll find people would donate willingly to that fund whether they make it or not Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down