The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the love of god......

+6
ONETWOFOREVER
The Sweet Science UK
Lance
TopHat24/7
azania
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
10 posters

Go down

For the love of god...... Empty For the love of god......

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

http://m.skysports.com/article/sports//7427683

So the cry baby who could barely scrape past Maidana, and got beat by Peterson who ain't exactly an elite fighter wants Mayweather by the end of the year.

How about proving yourself at light welter first and then having a go at Welter.

Maidana and Peterson have been the only live opponents and he struggled.

Kotelnik, McCloskey, Salita and a diabolical Judah do not springboard you to a fight against Floyd.

Khan has the potential to be a great fighter, but he needs to screw his bloody brain back in and take his time and learn more. Mayweather at the end of next year would even be too soon for him.

If he did go in against Floyd at the end of the year it would prob be after the rematch against Peterson. What kind of prep is that to have against PBF he couldn't learn anything about that kind of style.

Just keep quiet Amir and keep your head down and just fight. Stop talkin garbage. You look like an idiot......again
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

For the love of god...... Empty Re: For the love of god......

Post by azania Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:44 pm

I have this sneaky feeling that you're not a very big fan of his. Am I right?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:58 pm

The Ying to your Yang, Az.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:01 am

How so? I'm no Khan fanboy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:14 am

I like Khan when he is in the ring and fighting. He always excites with his style. So I'm a fan in that sense, but I'm also a realist. Only insane Khan fans will swallow this garbage.

Remember when he said Floyd was ducking him, then in the same interview he said he would be ready to fight Floyd in 18 months. Makes absolutely no sense!! Who's ducking who? If Floyd offered him a fight on May 5th (if he hasn't already) would he admit it or hide and duck.

Again, the guy wins me over sometimes but I wish he could be realist the sport a little more serious. You only normally get one shot at Floyd. He should make sure he prepares right and keeps his mouth quiet.

I think the majority of people feel this way
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

As I said in another thread. For Khan to get a shot at Floyd this year, he needs to wipe out Bradley in his next fight and forget about Peterson.

What difference would it make at the end of the year after (if he won) against Peterson? Again, no prep against a top defensive fighter and never fought at welter.

He's deluded !!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:34 am

I dont recall him saying floyd was ducking. As for delusional, what you call delusional, I see as confidence in is own ability. That he has no chance against Floyd is neither here nor there. What's important is that he thinks he can beat Floyd. No sense in saying that he cant beat him is there?

I'd probably say he has a better chance of beating floyd as Manny. Manny's Plan A (only plan he has) is better that Khan, but Manny is picture perfect for Floyd, whereas a fast and less aggressive fighter would give Floyd more problems. Still a shut out though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:44 am

Come on Az mate I'm not gettin
Into a hatin session.

You know as well as me that he has no intentions of fighting Flodyd this year. He isn't anywhere near the point where a fight would be offered to his team. The interview was on Sky last year. I can dog it out if you really way to see it. He said Floyd cherrypicks hIs oppnents and is ducking h cuz he is young and aggressive. Fair play at the time cuz o though he was improving. But the way he acted in the Peterson fight, lifting the arms, sticking out his chin etc, removed that thought.

I'm only saying the end of 2012 gives him no chance and he becuz of the defeat he isn't a manor mOney maker. They had the fight in DC for cryin out loud cuz his past few American fights wer half empty.

Remember I posted the numbers?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:45 am

like most fighters amir is looking for the big money fights. he may or may not ever be good enough to fight flloyd but hes well on his way to being famous enough to fight flloyd. this is why he keeps talking

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:46 am

I'm drinkin by the way lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:50 am

I know Lance but the other thing is I don't believe Floyd is going to fight a questionable opponent.

If he fought Khan this year, there would be a "but Khan got beat by Peterson, who got neat by Bradley" at least Ortiz won a corker against Berto to set him up.

I think Khan needs a massive win (Bradley)!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Sat 14 Jan 2012, 10:34 am

Khan is nowhere near ready for a Mayweather fight but can you blame the guy for wanting to fighting Floyd? It would be his biggest ever pay day & won't be matched by anyone else.

But Khan needs to quit thinking about Mayweather. He did this in the build up to Peterson and took him for granted. And by his comments since the fight he doesn't really acknowledge that he made mistakes in that fight and he could be taking Peterson for granted again which would be a massive mistake on his part.

If he loses to Peterson again (I can't see it happening...if it's as close as the last fight there is no way the judges will be brave enough to go against Khan & GBP this time. Personal opinion) what does that do to Khan's career?

He needs to focus on his weaknesses and flaws (there are quite a few of them) before he even steps up to welterweight, let alone contemplate a fight with Floyd.

He's good to watch in the ring but outside of the ring he doesn't do himself many favors.

One thing I did find hilarious is when Khan said:

"I think deep down he knows he lost that fight. I think he knows if he fights me again he'll get beaten.

"That's the reason they're digging out these little excuses that I'm a sore loser - if he really thinks I'm a sore loser, come and do it again."

I mean to an extent this is how Khan was acting towards Maidana & McCloskey yet he didn't give them the time of day when considering a rematch.

Like I said I like Khan in the ring because his style makes him exciting to watch but his comments outside of the ring are starting to lose him some respect in the boxing community.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Could agree more SS!! well put. He is a tool as a human being but it is fun watching him get tagged and pretending it didn't hurt
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 14 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

The thing I hate is Khan feels he has some sort of God given right to be the p4p fighter on the planet. You have to earn that right. Khan is just out to get as rich as he can, fair enough do your best but frankly I never rated the guy. He is a good athlete but not the best fighter.

Take Khan and put him in any strong welter or light welter division and he gets destroyed.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I know Lance but the other thing is I don't believe Floyd is going to fight a questionable opponent.

If he fought Khan this year, there would be a "but Khan got beat by Peterson, who got neat by Bradley" at least Ortiz won a corker against Berto to set him up.

I think Khan needs a massive win (Bradley)!!!

hes thrown away his chance of fighting flloyd by losing to peterson and he knows it. this is why we have this desparate attempt to rewrite what happend in washington and dismiss petersons victory. khan thinks if he can do that his stock wont be too badly hit and he can still pursue mayweather. khan has blown it and he knows it.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm

I've done a little preview/article on my blogsite about Khan. (link below).

Feel free to check it out & leave some comments.

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/wba-grant-khan-rematch/

Khan really does have to be care about how he goes about things now as I think he's in danger of alienating a lot of fans.

But to me he looks like he's taking Peterson for granted once again because he's already saying it won't last the distance, I'll KO him & I'll get Mayweather within 18 months or something.

If he takes him for granted again he deserves to be knocked out. Peterson is going to lay it all out on the line once again.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:40 pm

I think Khan is doing a Eubank and he shouldn't because he doesnt have the chin for it. Also his promoters might well do him a favour by putting him with tough fights all the way - otherwise Khan will drop to his opponents level in the fight. Hubris tends to set in easily with him and test after test might get him used to putting his focus all in. Also - find him a tough, tough sparring partner who he has to clinch and wrestle, uppercut and hook to get anywhere.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Lets be fair Khan's an exciting fighter to watch but his a good fighter not a great fighter,he struggles to put his opponents away at Lightwelter so talk of him being a world champ at Welter are premature until his been tested at the weight by a full blooded Welter.

After Khan's rematch with Peterson what about putting the record straight with Prescott if he happens to be successful against Peterson most fighters usually like to avenge a loss.

Personally I don't think he has a cat in hells chance of beating Floyd gets hit far to often to beat someone of Mayweathers class.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Khans defense is his movement, he cannot defend with his gloves which is why he gets in so much trouble when he gets caught, his legs cannot get him away. Then he just puts his gloves high and hopes for the best without trying to roll with or duck punches.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

Khan needs to forget about Mayweather he is not in Mayweathers class. He is already talking about fighting him again this shows he has not learned his lesson he should focus on taking care of Peterson and then fight Brook or Bradley.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

As regards to his power - he seems to hit harder at LWW than he did at LW - I reckon his is the straight forward sort of Power - strength x Speed rather than the explosive Weight + strength x speed that Naz, hearns jone jr possesed. Same with Manny I think, because his increase in weight has increased his power but not in a way to annihilate top tier fighters (Hatton being the exception - although his idiocy was 50% of his knockout). At WW - he may have a bit more at the expense of a little speed and of course as everyone has pointed out - he needs to sit on his punches abit more. Khan also can punch to the body but doesnt seem to use it well - only occasionally landing clean - and seems to use it just as a distraction rather than the potent weapon it is. He's got the speed to pull off a double/Triple jab even while sitting on his punches, but he seems to stick to the single gameplan that has worked for Manny. Perhaps Azania is right and he needs to go to Steward, tougher sparring and proper use of a jab and a hook. Plus steward will be glad for someone willing to finish the job properly rather than taking a safety first approach.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down