The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most?

4 posters

Go down

The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most? Empty The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 Jan - 16:38

I have been very surprised with just how well two of the promoted sides have done this season in Swansea and Norwich but I have been very disappointed with QPR especially when they are playing at Loftus Road.
Being a Norwich fan I obviously thought we were going to be amazing but I have to say I really like Swansea and Brendan Rodgers. For me Norwich have been the most impressive but I'm a tad biased!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most? Empty Re: The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 15 Jan - 16:55

For me QPR lost the battle before it even started, people kept talking about how they neede to invest, invest, invest and if players like Barton and Trauore are the difference between staying up and going down it must have rocked the other players confidence no end. Norwich and Swansea have relied more of their core side that got them promoted and seem to be approaching this as wee clubs on an adventure showing the big guys that they are good enough, while QPR are saying that Luke Young is more equiped for premier league survival than the guys that got them there in the first place

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most? Empty Re: The Promoted sides - Who has impressed you most?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 Jan - 17:04

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:For me QPR lost the battle before it even started, people kept talking about how they neede to invest, invest, invest and if players like Barton and Trauore are the difference between staying up and going down it must have rocked the other players confidence no end. Norwich and Swansea have relied more of their core side that got them promoted and seem to be approaching this as wee clubs on an adventure showing the big guys that they are good enough, while QPR are saying that Luke Young is more equiped for premier league survival than the guys that got them there in the first place

Totally agree with you there. QPR have changed there team from last year essentially which means it takes time to gel where as Norwich and Swansea have added players to fit into there respective systems. QPR rushed there transfers at the end of August instead of having faith for half a season and then in January adding players if needed.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan - 17:15

Swansea have impressed me the most.....kept majority of last season's squad, they play good football, and just get on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 15 Jan - 22:32

QPR signed the wrong sorts of players, players like Anton Ferdinand, Danny Gabbidon, Luke Young, Armand Traore etc. are not going to keep them up.

It's interesting that the players that have stood out for them this year are Helder Helguson and Faurlin, two players who were with them last year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon 16 Jan - 9:29

Swansea & Norwich have been fantastic this season but Swansea just edge it for me just because of the style of football they play and the fact they've kept quite a few clean sheets (at home) too.

It's rare you get a promoted side who keep clean sheets like they have done.

But Norwich have been fantastic too and I've been really impressed with Hoolahan (sp), Morrisson & Holt. And there keeper as well.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down