The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would

+12
NickisBHAFC
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
JamesLincs
Price Check On Jackass
Aaronb33
theundisputedY2D2
talkingpoint
nasisillmatic
Clunge4life
Mr H
Prince of Wales II
16 posters

Go down

Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would Empty Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would

Post by Guest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

Who in the past 5 years has really impressed you that you never thought would and why??

Personally, as part of Nexus, I never saw any of those guys, apart from Barrett going anywhere.

So Ryback to me has really surprised me to get to main event status.

Who has impressed you that you thought would never be a success in wrestling?

Back to top Go down

Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would Empty Re: Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would

Post by Prince of Wales II Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

The Miz

Always thought John Morrison was the better wrestler. Kind of like what happened with Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty.

Prince of Wales II

Back to top Go down

Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would Empty Re: Wrestlers who have impressed you that you never thought would

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:02 pm

Thats a decent enough question AntLord, and i say that without sarcasm for once.

I'd go with Sheamus. When he won the WWE Title at TLC beating Cena i thought it was far too early to put the strap on him, and it showed, he was green as hell and after losing to HHH at Wrestlemania i thought he'd struggle but he's got better and better, won the Royal Rumble, won the WHC and is now a bonafide main eventer.

I could make a case for CM Punk too. Never thought his stock would get to the heights it has over the last couple of years. Always thought he'd be a nearly guy in the tier below the marquee guys, but after 'that' promo, his epic title reign and a potential match against The Rock at the Royal Rumble, its fair to say CM Punk has suprised me by making it as big as he has. Never thought he'd get that kind of backstage backing but its clear now that he has the clout, he has Vince's ear and he is a legit main event draw.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

Mark Henry last year during his Hall of Pain run

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:19 pm

The Miz for me as well. I always thought he was going know where. It was when he got drafted to Raw on his own, then cut all them promos on Cena, that made me take notice.

The person who impressed me most of all time was Eddie. I had him down as nothing more than mid carder who would achieve nothing more. How wrong was I? He went on to be one of my favourites.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 08 Nov 2012, 1:02 pm

Magnus is impressing me lately, I was never a fan of the British Invasion faction but he's proven he's got what it takes - loved his tag run with Joe and this current feud they've got going.

Face Sheamus has been excellent, Mark Henry impressed last year too.

Kaz & Daniels tag partnership has been gold.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 1:12 pm

I'd have to go for the Miz as well, in his tag team with John Morrison (who?) I thought he'd reached his career ceiling but he went on to bigger and better things whilst JoMo went around jumping on boxes.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Dolph Ziggler for me. He's not quite at the very top yet, but it's only a matter of time. Who saw that one coming when he was in the Spirit Squad?

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Thu 08 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

Yeah, I'd have to go with Ziggler aswell, it was always Dykstra that seemed to be the stand out performer of the group. 'Nicky' was for me one of the least memorable members and now as Ziggler he's one of my favourites at the moment.

Should have went over Cena at Survivor Series to give him the boost needed before he cashes in!

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 08 Nov 2012, 2:58 pm

i was thinking ziggler for the reason when he first started as dolph, introducing himself to people in the back. i just thought, really?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Every so often Big Show shakes off the shackles of tedious jokey past. His match at HIAC with Sheamus was brilliant, and I think hes a fantastic heel.

The Miz stays relevant, is getting better as a wrestler too. Daniel Bryan has become a star now too, adding character to technical ability.

TNA - Magnus is coming into his own, whilst Daniels and Kazarian have impressed me recently, I was never sold on them at first but they are consistently interesting.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

Agree with Clunge on Mark Henry. After 10+ years of mediocrity his Hall of Pain gimmick was great. No one would have thought he would hold a world title, never mind hold it well.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:47 pm

I have a few

Ryback - As said apart from Barret and Bryan i thought the rest of nexus would all eventually get released. But this year Ryback impresses me more and more each week and he is currently my Favorite wrestler when Rocky isn't around.

The Miz - Also stated, when him and John Morrison were in the team, i only thought Morrison would go on to better things. But since Miz cashed in on Raw, he has grown on me. Really liked his reception at Money in the bank earlier this year.

Zack Ryder - Well he is starting to dip down, but i was a massive Ryder fan in 2011. Up to his youtube shows i have never really paid attention to him. But more and more throughout 2011 he grew on me and was getting very good crowd reactions like at Survivor Series last year. WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Bully Ray. Never thought he'd cut the mustard as a singles competitor but he's very much gotten over. And he has great calves you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

The Undertaker

That gimmick had no right becoming such a global phenomenon that it became, plus Mean Mark Callous absolutely sucked

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

FreekShow wrote:Bully Ray. Never thought he'd cut the mustard as a singles competitor but he's very much gotten over. And he has great calves you know.

Good shout, thinking about it he's totally reinvented himself and it works! OK

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:45 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:The Undertaker

That gimmick had no right becoming such a global phenomenon that it became, plus Mean Mark Callous absolutely sucked

That's a great shout. I remember a few years ago when they used to show WCW classic on Sky sports when he was managed by Heyman, and he looked awful.

As for me, I remember never being sold on a chap named Rocky Maivia.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:32 am

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:The Undertaker

That's a great shout. I remember a few years ago when they used to show WCW classic on Sky sports when he was managed by Heyman, and he looked awful.

As for me, I remember never being sold on a chap named Rocky Maivia.

I'm still not sold.
I always felt WWF were a bit "damn, we've lost our roster to WCW. this guy kids, YOU WILL LIKE THIS GUY"

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 09 Nov 2012, 1:09 pm

If you're not sold on The Rock as a wrestler, talker and entertainer you must be one hard dude to please.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 09 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

It's not about being hard to please, I'm just not a fan of The Rock. That doesn't mean I switch over if he's on screen, or start cursing the TV. He is a solid wrestler, talker and entertainer and I'll watch him if he's on. I've just never marked out for him in any way. If he's on the roster, cool. If he's not, I don't care.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:37 am

Think I'll throw Mick Foley into the hat, while he was always entertaining I never viewed him as anything other than a glorified stunt monkey who might occasionally but someone from the upper card over. WCW clearly though that one night...

I chuck Cody Rhodes in aswell, thought the guy would be released after legacy.

I agree with The Miz aswell, at one point all he did was hype up diva searches and have Kelly Kelly, Brooke and some other lass fight over him.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down