The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!!

+21
TopoftheChops
Sir. badgerhands
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
Enforcer
Michaels, Sean
BALTIMORA
coxy0001
The Galveston Giant
OasisBFC
Jimmythebullet
azania
John Bloody Wayne
compelling and rich
FootballOasis&Hatton
Daz
zx1234
gab
BoxingFan88
Sugar Boy Sweetie
themadworldofjb
25 posters

Go down

Who wins?

Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Vote_lcap52%Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 13 ]
Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Vote_lcap48%Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 25

Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Empty Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 6:12 pm

This fight better be good. Caus this trash talking is amazing

Degale will win I think
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Empty Re: Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

Ha ha it was hilarious. Can't wait for this one. DeGale for me.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!! Empty Re: Groves Degale on Ringside is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:17 pm

Anyone got a link to ringside for a stream, I really don't want to wait until 10:30 for the repeat!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

u got a link by any chance?

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Anyone got a link to ringside for a stream, I really don't want to wait until 10:30 for the repeat!
misses wont let me subscribe Sad

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:42 pm

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,13273_6819298,00.html

Selected highlights

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

thanks thumbsup

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:57 pm

realy hope groves wins this 1 degale is so childish its unbelievable
not sure groves got the tools to do it but pls cmon hes got to beat this arrogant imature bully.

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:17 pm

gab wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Anyone got a link to ringside for a stream, I really don't want to wait until 10:30 for the repeat!

"won't let you". Are you a man or a mouse?!! You need to let your missus know who wears the bloody trousers in your gaff son.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:35 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
gab wrote:

"won't let you". Are you a man or a mouse?!! You need to let your missus know who wears the bloody trousers in your gaff son.
lol ur right and this prob gna be deleted for racism as the mods gone pc mad
but im 100% white but got 1 of them spots on my head
its the misses thumb print what can i do ? it money she could spend elswhere:(

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:37 pm

toodle tip wheres my wheel?
squeek squeek

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:54 pm

Loved the bit when De Gale forgot what he was gonna say! hahaha. what a plonker. Good fighter though!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

de gale got a right pasting from groves in the war of the words!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Just watched the link & found it pretty funny, De gale doesn't hold back does he, ugly boy, sit down you moron, look at that tie!

Still it hypes the fight & as mentioned on the show takes you back to Eubank vs Benn & there rivalry although where there careers are at its more like Benn vs Watson & we all know how that turned out.

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballOasis&Hatton Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

I hope Groves shuts his mouth. Cant stand Degale

Groves gave me laugh, just ignoring the Degale when he tried to provoke him

"hes like an onion"....Ogres have layers!!

FootballOasis&Hatton

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:42 am

Whats everyone think about this being on box office. Helps that the cleverly fight is on it but even still these fighters arnt box office. They know full well that fans will buy it. More fool boxing fans.

If we keep buying these shows then they will keep throwing them out. Khans numbers dropped and he was back on normal tv.

Oh i fancy degale on this one. Too much emphasis is being put on the amatuer defeat. Pros is a different game and degale has improved the most. Think he'll stop him mid rounds

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:20 am

What surprised me was how much bigger Degale looked, I still fancy Groves for this one though. Not sure why.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:25 am

compelling and rich wrote:Whats everyone think about this being on box office. Helps that the cleverly fight is on it but even still these fighters arnt box office. They know full well that fans will buy it. More fool boxing fans.

If we keep buying these shows then they will keep throwing them out. Khans numbers dropped and he was back on normal tv.

Oh i fancy degale on this one. Too much emphasis is being put on the amatuer defeat. Pros is a different game and degale has improved the most. Think he'll stop him mid rounds

I reckon Groves has his number. Hope I;m wrong as I like degale.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:46 am

Degale is so immature

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:20 pm

i voted for groves, i thought it was who wins in the ringside debate.
groves by a mile - degale for all his supposed confidence gets flustered very easily when challenged.

Groves played it classy.

in the ring it could be another matter, but so far it's 1-0 to groves.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:20 pm

oh, and the link is on youtube.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

I think Degale could take this one but will be rooting for Groves all the way, hopefully he's learned enough from the Anderson fight to see him through.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:27 pm

I really, really want Degale to get his bottom handed to him via a big red glove. My affection is building up to the utter disdain i had for Hamed, and i would've quite happily spent time in one of her majesty's fine correctional facilities if i'd ever had the chance to utilise the baseball bat! Wink

Unfortunately i can't see Groves winning, won't stop me from rooting for him in a big way though. Will only be getting the PPV if Froch is on as a double header

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

This episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCaQvMsKbQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's a good job Degale has a boxing brain, because his public speaking brain ain't so hot...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:59 pm

Pretty sure they're moulding De Gale into the new Chris Eubank. Trouble is that he's not really smart enough to pull it off.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

Surely no-one is actively coaching DeGale on how to be that annoying. I feel it's a natural talent he has and that he's in no need of assistance.

What amuses me is that we now have this loud mouth pompous blowhard who nearly wept with frustration when he was booed on his debut

"Tell 'em, Frank!" Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

I saw the interview as I was flicking through the channels and couldn't believe how arrogant and bully like he came across. Surely someone should tell him he sounds like an idiot?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

Enforcer wrote:Surely someone should tell him he sounds like an idiot?
He's stupid but he's not that stupid. It's the PR of fights, good boxer/bad boxer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:39 pm

Degale is going to get himself knocked out

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:58 pm

It's like Scott says-it's just fight politics. How many people tuned in in the hope of seeing Eubank, Naz, Mayweather, etc receive a beating? From a boxer's point of view it's infinitely better to have people hate you than be simply indifferent.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011, 2:09 pm

From a boxer's point of view it's infinitely better to have people hate you than be simply indifferent.

Of course, it's better to be loved than hated..and guess which side of the fence DeGale is in danger of landing?

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 18 Mar 2011, 2:16 pm

Well yeah, that much is also very true. I guess he's just hoping his skill will save him from ever having to worry about that. If he loses before he's made for life he'd face a real struggle to re-invent himself.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 18 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

DeGale already comes across as punchdrunk!

Hope Groves wins as after watching that I'm getting an unhealthy hatred of DeGale.

Can't see Groves doing it though.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

"Forgot what I was gonna say now" Degale is a knob. Groves shows respect by wearing a suit, degale is wearing casual, for this groves deserves to win

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

I must say after watching the ringside link i feel a lot more confident in a Groves win and got me right up for the fight, Groves showed a lot of class there, i actually think it would do Degale the world of good to get knocked clean out in the fight. I'm sure he thinks people will see him as a funny guy but it's far too much for me.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

The thing that seperates De Gale from the likes of Eubank and Naz is that De Gale craves popularity. Naz couldnt care less and Eubank actually liked being the bad guy. De Gale was practically in tears when he heard a few boos. That kind of thing would have had Naz and Eubank in their element.

De Gale on the other hand wants people to think hes some kind of cool rapper/fighter like a British Roy Jones or something. If his aim is to be disliked and have people tune in to see him beaten then hes doing well but if he wants to be seen as some kind of hip cool popular guy then I think hes destined to fail miserably.

Anyway, I will be supporting Groves even though I suspect at this stage De Gale will outpoint him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 18 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

They don't do themselves any favours.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 18 Mar 2011, 10:28 pm

I like De Gale's boxing ability but not his out of ring arrogance and trash talk - he believes his own hype.

I like Groves' out of ring calmness and overall demeanour but there's a question mark over his ability. If the Groves that fought Adamu turns up, Chunky's in for a long and painful night. If the Groves who fought Anderson is in the ring, De Gale wins in 6 rounds. It's a "pick 'em" fight...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 10:46 am

I feel less and less confident when groves brings up his amateur background win. He always brings it up, the professional game is alot different and the fight they had was a number of heras ago. I watches the fight and scoring it from a professional scoring scheme, I probably given degale the win. Groves defended that he has a week chin by saying that degales shots didn't hurt him when they fought in the amateurs. What a stupid counter argument, very few people get Kayod in the amateur game to professionals. Degale has improved leaps and bounds and George has improved but by as much? I'm not sure.

I like the rivalry, it's making the fight fat more marketable. It's got to the point where because of the arguments, it seems the Headling event. This could be a domestic classic.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:29 am

I'd agree that some of DeGale's child-like behaviour is for the interests of hype and ticket sales, however it's clear that the guy is a prat of the highest order. If he was any thicker he'd set.

Groves does seem to have got under his skin a wee bit, and it'll be interesting to see how this affects him. He usually takes his time to pick opponents off, now he's begging Groves to stand toe to toe with him in the centre of the ring so that he can knock him out early.

My gut feeling is that DeGale will simply be too fast for Groves and will probably force a stoppage with an unanswered flurry, though I will certainly be rooting for the 'ugly ginger kid.' Seeing one of Warren's cash cows go up in smoke is always somehow satisfying to a degree, however I think 'Chunky' is a cut above most of what has gone before and will be the winner on fight night.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down