The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munoz out Bisping in!

+4
Clunge4life
Valero's Conscience
boomdangle
talkingpoint
8 posters

Go down

Munoz out Bisping in! Empty Munoz out Bisping in!

Post by talkingpoint Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:04 am

Mark Munoz has had to pull out of his UFC on Fox fight with Chael Sonnen due to injury. Replacing him is Michael Bisping! You see now I'm torn - my patriotism says support Bisping, but I don't actually like the guy and well I would like to see a rematch between Sonnen and Anderson Silva. So I don't know who I want to win? I'm sure both men will be pretty motivated to get a title shot; I think Bisping has better stand up but Sonnen's wrestling and ground and pound is excellent, so it will be a tough call.

Last edited by talkingpoint on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Munoz out Bisping in! Empty Re: Munoz out Bisping in!

Post by boomdangle Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:20 am

You just beat me too it, and am in the same boat back bisping one of our own or sonnen who like the rest of the world we want to see in the cage again with the spider.

Heart Bisping and he has come on leaps and bounds but Head says Chael will take him down at ease and bash hsi head in.

If nothing else the soundbites and build up will be fantastic going back and fourth.

Will it be on FX again as this is one fight i dont want to miss.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 18 Jan 2012, 8:56 am

Great news, let the trash talking begin!

Sonnen should win this, I think he'll take Bisping down fairly easily and submit or GnP him.

Bisping has good stand up but no real power but Sonnen has an excellent chin = bad news for Bisping.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

What is Bisping's submission game like?

Sonnen has shown in the past he can be submitted when he is in top position - think this is the only chance Bisping has of winning this fight?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

well judging from his win record on ufc.com he's only won once through submission - the vast majorty are KO/TKO.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

Sonnen by man sausage slap to the face section.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:46 am

I'm also split on this for the same reason as you lot (Patriotism or Silva and Sonne Rematch), plus i'm a fan of both.

One thing we can guarantee though, the build up trash talking with these two should be good, LOL!

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 20 Jan 2012, 10:23 am

I edited my original post as I realized I had spelt Munoz incorrectly.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Fri 20 Jan 2012, 10:52 am

Bisping has underated grappling imo. He may only have one sub win but he's never submitted himself and has never been truly outgrappled despite being in against some good wrestlers Rashad, Dan Miller, Matt Hammill. Still I think Chael will win using his wresting.

I'm really happy about this. Bisping and Sonnen are the 2 MW I want to see fight and beat Anderson.

Bisping imo would give Anderson a better fight than most of Andersons recent opponents(exept Sonnen). But would have pretty much no chance of winning.

Sonnen is the main guy I want to fight Anderson. He is probably my favourite person in mma right now. I'd love for him to become the champ. Best trash talker in the sport and backs it up.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:19 am

easthfc wrote:Bisping has underated grappling imo. He may only have one sub win but he's never submitted himself and has never been truly outgrappled despite being in against some good wrestlers Rashad, Dan Miller, Matt Hammill. Still I think Chael will win using his wresting.

I'm really happy about this. Bisping and Sonnen are the 2 MW I want to see fight and beat Anderson.

Bisping imo would give Anderson a better fight than most of Andersons recent opponents(exept Sonnen). But would have pretty much no chance of winning.

Sonnen is the main guy I want to fight Anderson. He is probably my favourite person in mma right now. I'd love for him to become the champ. Best trash talker in the sport and backs it up.

Agree RE Bispings grappling. He has already got a good takedown defense and no doubt will be working on this aspect in training.

I don't like Chael at all. He is pretty one dimentional and if he doen't make you fight his fight, he does tend to struggle. But he did look impressive against Brian Stann.

If Bisping can keep this standing and land cleanly enough to get Chael's respect, he can win, but if he gets taken down on a regular basis, I can only see Chael dry humping to a UD victory.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

Chael Sonnen wont be dry humping to victory - he'll batter him to a pulp on his way to a UD

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

I think Sonnen should win but Bisping if/when Bisping is taken down he'll go for the submission as Sonnen's submission defence is appalling.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down