The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger-Vasselin's mobile number

3 posters

Go down

Roger-Vasselin's mobile number Empty Roger-Vasselin's mobile number

Post by newballs Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Does anyone know Edouard's number as apparently the LTA have never got round to asking him if he ever wanted to make up the numbers in the GB Davis Cup team.

Lived in Putney until he was 15 so probably has an idea where Roehampton is. OK swears he's a Frenchman but has a British dad and isn't likely to get a call from the French federation any day soon.

Of course, it could be that the LTA wouldn't think it fair on all those Brits flogging their guts out taking endless Easyjet flights to the back of beyond for the cause. Ask Greg. He'd tell you how unfair that would be.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Roger-Vasselin's mobile number Empty Re: Roger-Vasselin's mobile number

Post by dummy_half Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:09 pm

newballs
English / British sporting federations would never look to recruit someone with that level of nationality credentials. Now identify us a South African who has only one British grandparent and we could be in business...

(Having said that, I know Federer's father is a Saffer - anyone know if HIS parents were British?)

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

dummy half Andy might take him as his doubles partner.

Could throw a bit of a wobbly if he usurps his number one status though

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I remember Christophe (his father) when he was number 1 (or so) in France in the 70s, early 80s.

He is French btw...but was born in London. It's funny, I watched Edouard 2 or 3 years ago in his first round at SW19 sitting next to his lovely girlfriend on the outside courts who I chatted to during the match.

But he lost so the mood was not great!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Tenez wrote:I remember Christophe (his father) when he was number 1 (or so) in France in the 70s, early 80s.

He is French btw...but was born in London. It's funny, I watched Edouard 2 or 3 years ago in his first round at SW19 sitting next to his lovely girlfriend on the outside courts who I chatted to during the match.

Perhaps the guy just wouldn't return any LTA calls. Some local at Wimbledon trying to chat up his girlfriend when's he's on court. No wonder he lost.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Tenez wrote:... It's funny, I watched Edouard 2 or 3 years ago in his first round at SW19 sitting next to his lovely girlfriend on the outside courts who I chatted to during the match.

You were chatting up Edouard's girlfriend while he was trying to play tennis - with that distraction no wonder he lost!

ps Good research work from newballs - a career in investigative journalism awaits you OK

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Actually Tenez. I once spent five minutes in the company of Martina Hingis (no this isn't a wind-up as I was doing a driving role for the Wimbledon players a few years ago).

She wasn't actually competing but was on her way to watch her then boyfriend play. His name? None other than Radek Stepanek.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

The good thing with the outside courts is that yuou can really seast next to coaches and old players supporting new ones.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Also Tenez the junior player of today you get to watch might well be the superstar of tomorrow - Federer for example a decade or so ago.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down