The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan's shot himself in the foot.

+12
dublfcynwa
TwisT
TopHat24/7
johnson2
tunes666
Rowley
Nico the gman
hampo17
oxring
azania
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan's shot himself in the foot. Empty Khan's shot himself in the foot.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:44 am

Following news that Peterson will be appealing the WBA verdict to order a rematch against Amir Khan, I wondered If Khan would have been better off accepting the close decision and seeking a re match by fairer means. The fight was close as we all know and Peterson and his camp were mature enough to appreciate that Khan offered them the fight and opted to face Peterson in his home town.

I reckon Khan would have got a re match for BOTH belts had he shut up and accepted defeat like a man and not a schoolboy who's dinner money had been taken from him (does anyone remember dinner money?). Now this saga has muddied Peterson's efforts that night and put a black mark on boxing as a whole. So far the "man in the hat" has NOT been arrested for anything, no one has been ordered to court for what we were led to believe was obvious card tampering and no real hard concrete proof has been revealed to us....just accusations.

What a fine mess indeed. I can tell you from the real boxing fans who I speak to Khan has lost a lot of respect or what little respect he had. The only people who stick up for Khan in this case are moderate fans who just like a good story. Real boxing fans saw a close fight and did not feel robbed had it gone either way. Also the guys I speak to were willing to see a re match and the blame would have been on Peterson had he denied Khan the re match.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan's shot himself in the foot. Empty Re: Khan's shot himself in the foot.

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

Bull - no matter what happened - petersons team were running for the hills because they feel they got lucky and didn't expect a rematch. Fair enough about respect blah bah blah but Petersons team were legging it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

didn't expect a win in a rematch*

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

Just look at this. The language and adjectives says it all.

Peterson and his camp - mature.

Khan - like a schoolboy.

But Peterson is the one looking to get out of a rematch. Had the roels been reversed you would have called Khan all sorts, accusing him of ducking and more.

Try some ojectivity. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Whatever you are smoking shah...put it down.

Peterson stated after the fight that he would do it again and thanked Khan for the fight. I did not see Peterson running in that fight, I saw Peterson coming straight at Khan it was your idol who was running.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

Stop trying to assume what would have occurred had the roles been reversed. They weren't.

Khan has appeared immature from this fiasco. Peterson hasn't said much really - giving him an air of maturity. Of that there is no question.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

Az would Peterson have gone down the route Khan has to get a rematch though?

Was thinking this last night when I posted about Peterson appealing the WBAs decision and felt Khan only has himself to blame.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Whatever you are smoking shah...put it down.

Peterson stated after the fight that he would do it again and thanked Khan for the fight. I did not see Peterson running in that fight, I saw Peterson coming straight at Khan it was your idol who was running.

Yes- they said, they said - his trainer also said to Khan - we know what it feels like to be robbed. I'm not criticizing them for going for pacquiao if they could - deserve all the money they can get. But they were running for the hills - no way they were going to give a immediate rematch if they coud help it. Those belts mean a big payday for peterson.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

azania wrote:Just look at this. The language and adjectives says it all.

Khan - like a schoolboy.

But Peterson is the one looking to get out of a rematch. Had the roels been reversed you would have called Khan all sorts, accusing him of ducking and more.

The ONLY reason Peterson is now appealing the ruling is because Khan has made his efforts in that fight look dodgy when Peterson fought the fight of his life. Why should he give into accusations that have nothing to do with him and re match Khan with this black cloud over his head. Khan's actions have left him no choice but to fight this in order to clear his name. His reputation is on the line. Peterson is one of the more stand up honest fighters out there. Tell me what Peterson did wrong????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

If Peterson has a grievance with Khan he has every right to,Khan and Golden boy at one stage were'nt just shouting for a rematch they were asking for the fight to be ruled a no contest.

Peterson has done nothing wrong and personally I would be loathe to give Khan a rematch on principal.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:07 am

There should be honour between fighters. Forget everybody else involved in the fight game. Forget the promoters, the corner, the fans, the money at the end of the day the 2 fighters involved should have a level of respect for each other.

Khan has muddied the name of fellow fight Peterson and his whole career can be effected because Khan is a saw sorry looser. Its disgusting behaviour and should not be condoned.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:07 am

One thing I will say Gman is that I never saw Khan ask for it to be ruled a N/C, I only ever heard Shcaefer asking for this, whether Khan went to him behind closed doors is another thing.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:07 am

Whatever happens next, Khan must absolutely be convincing in his next few fights. The sooner Khan gets back in the ring again, the better for all concermed.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:08 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Khan - like a schoolboy.

The ONLY reason Peterson is now appealing the ruling is because Khan has made his efforts in that fight look dodgy when Peterson fought the fight of his life. Why should he give into accusations that have nothing to do with him and re match Khan with this black cloud over his head. Khan's actions have left him no choice but to fight this in order to clear his name. His reputation is on the line. Peterson is one of the more stand up honest fighters out there. Tell me what Peterson did wrong????

How do you know thats the only reason. Making things up again?

Peterson got the lucky break and his team know that. Sad that they have no confidence in him beating Khan in a rematch because I believe he will.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:09 am

Don't think so hampo - Khan os dumb as a mule - he wouldn't have kept his mouth shut about that.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Nico the gman wrote:If Peterson has a grievance with Khan he has every right to,Khan and Golden boy at one stage were'nt just shouting for a rematch they were asking for the fight to be ruled a no contest.

Peterson has done nothing wrong and personally I would be loathe to give Khan a rematch on principal.

Why is Peterson whining like a little girl? Have the rematch and fight. He's coming across like a female genitalia. Man up!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:13 am

[quote="hampo171"]One thing I will say Gman is that I never saw Khan ask for it to be ruled a N/C, I only ever heard Shcaefer asking for this, whether Khan went to him behind closed doors is another thing.[/quot

Khan told anyone who would listen that everyone knew he had been robbed. I hope Peterson gives him the re match and kos him. Khan has shown he is just a corporation. Team Khan have been guilty of disgusting behaviour in the past, I really hate the way they conduct themselves.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:If Peterson has a grievance with Khan he has every right to,Khan and Golden boy at one stage were'nt just shouting for a rematch they were asking for the fight to be ruled a no contest.

Why is Peterson whining like a little girl? Have the rematch and fight. He's coming across like a female genitalia. Man up!
Thought it was Khan and his camp who have been whining like little girls, purely and simply bad losers,Peterson was a mere formality of a fight trouble was Peterson forgot to read the script.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

az = muppet

How can you say Peterson is to blame. You imply that Peterson was behind the whole thing, employing the man in the hat to tamper with the cards??

Thats just wrong.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:26 am

If there is a Khan - Peterson rematch - they are both going to make a lotta lotta money.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:

Thought it was Khan and his camp who have been whining like little girls, purely and simply bad losers,Peterson was a mere formality of a fight trouble was Peterson forgot to read the script.

Why is he appealing? Scared of losing so quickly? LP should man up and rematch Khan instead of using the courts to run like a school girl.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

As has already been said Az he's appealing to clear his name, you have to remember that Petesons name has been dragged through the mud over this. If I was him now I wouldn't want to give Khan a rematch, what if he wins a close split decision again? Are we going to see the same stuff?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:33 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:az = muppet

How can you say Peterson is to blame. You imply that Peterson was behind the whole thing, employing the man in the hat to tamper with the cards??

Thats just wrong.

I've implied nothing of the sort. Regardless of that it doesn't surprise me that you make such wild assumptions. You have a history of it.

Who is appealing the WBA decision? Had it been Khan you would have criticised him for it. Denying that is simply a lie and you know it.

Irrationality is a mental illness.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:36 am

az he HAS to appeal he has done nothing wrong if he gives in then it looks as if he is guilty.

Wake up az I know you are in love with Khan but be realistic.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:az he HAS to appeal he has done nothing wrong if he gives in then it looks as if he is guilty.

Wake up az I know you are in love with Khan but be realistic.

Its not a question of being realistic but being objective. You see everything in narrow tersm. Peterson is getitng praise from you for appealing against a rematch. Yet you would have criticised Khan if he did just that.

Your hatred fr Khan has twisted any objectivity you may have.

Why does he have to appeal? Why not say he will rematch him?

Once again for those foolish enough to have forgotten how to read, I'd pick Peterson to beat Khan in a rematch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

That's the thing with Khan double standards wants a rematch with Peterson but the man who knocked him out in one round Prescott( despite calling him out) can't get a title shot against him.

Sorry I apologise I forgot Khan's moved on and would be far to good for Prescott now,think Khan would want to put the record straight against Prescott, maybe not.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

hampo171 wrote:As has already been said Az he's appealing to clear his name, you have to remember that Petesons name has been dragged through the mud over this. If I was him now I wouldn't want to give Khan a rematch, what if he wins a close split decision again? Are we going to see the same stuff?

Clear his name from what? No one has accused Peterson of anything.

Of course you wouldn't give Khan a rematch. You dont like him and want him punished for being too uppity and not british enough (in accepting defeat. We all know brits are good losers and make a career out of it).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

azania wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe not directly but Khan has made comments such as all I want is a level playing field and justice to be done. This clearly infers Petersen benefitted from an injustice last time out or having the dice stacked in his favour.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:52 am

here is an interview with the "Mystery man"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16623990.stm

Clearly Mustafa Ameen is not happy at how Golden Boy and Khan have used him to try and force a rematch.

Its a disgrace how they have done this and there should no way be a rematch based on principle. If there is it opens a can of worms and every team when they loose a close call may try dirty tricks like this to try and bully and force a rematch.

Khan should apologize to both Peterson and Mustafa Ameen and look for another fight that can put him into contention with a fight against Bradley and then maybe his FMW dream.

If he does fight Peterson again Im not sure I will watch it just because if Khan does win it I wont be able to stomach it after all this behavior. He just comes across as a spoiled brat who thinks he is a bit better than he actually is.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

Well said tunes666 Khan feels he can do whatever he wants in this game as he has the most respected pimp ODLH.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

he is also a bullshitter - read his excuse then look at the scorecards.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

Maybe not directly but Khan has made comments such as all I want is a level playing field and justice to be done. This clearly infers Petersen benefitted from an injustice last time out or having the dice stacked in his favour. [/quote]

So you're reading between the lines and coming up with things that have not been done.

FACT is, no one has accused Peterson of anything so his name is not tarnished.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

tunes666 wrote:here is an interview with the "Mystery man"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16623990.stm

Clearly Mustafa Ameen is not happy at how Golden Boy and Khan have used him to try and force a rematch.

Its a disgrace how they have done this and there should no way be a rematch based on principle. If there is it opens a can of worms and every team when they loose a close call may try dirty tricks like this to try and bully and force a rematch.

Khan should apologize to both Peterson and Mustafa Ameen and look for another fight that can put him into contention with a fight against Bradley and then maybe his FMW dream.

If he does fight Peterson again Im not sure I will watch it just because if Khan does win it I wont be able to stomach it after all this behavior. He just comes across as a spoiled brat who thinks he is a bit better than he actually is.

And you believe Ameen? I suppose you believe that Iralian cruise ship captain also. If Khan was the harbourmaster, you would accuse him of being rude to the captain no doubt.

Oh and you will watch it. You want to see Khan lose and that means more bucks for Khan. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

So you don't think that suggesting a fight was not on the level or an injustice was done in any way shape or form can be interpreted as diminishing the acheivement of the victor? Would suspect you are in a minority of one in holding that view but fair enough.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:04 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Well said tunes666 Khan feels he can do whatever he wants in this game as he has the most respected pimp ODLH.

Too funny in its absolute ignorance. Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm

azania wrote:

Tosh. when your champ you do what you do to build up some income and promotion. you do not fight someone who stamps their feet and tried to force you. He is entitled to a warm up or another fight with a fighter who he feels he can make a bit of cash from a beat, just as Amir Khan has done... Also if there is a rematch Peterson has the right to hold the cards and not be forced into a deal.

And there is no certainty Khan would win anyway... unless he gets a reff that lets him hold and push all night long

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm

azania wrote:
And you believe Ameen? I suppose you believe that Iralian cruise ship captain also. If Khan was the harbourmaster, you would accuse him of being rude to the captain no doubt.

Oh and you will watch it. You want to see Khan lose and that means more bucks for Khan. thumbsup

I guess you do not respect a thing called "innocent until proven guilty" .. or see any relevance in GB pulling out of the IBF hearing?...

Yes I do believe Ameen, and it seems he is more than happy to contest his innocence. If Khan has spouted his mouth off accusing him of wrongdoing and accusing Peterson's hard fought victory if being the result of foul play, then are we to assume he actually has evidence of this?, or is he just a loud mouth bad looser with a greedy management who think they own boxing and obviously cant deal with things not going their way?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

Has Mr Ameen been arrested?

Has anyone been arrested for any crime in this matter?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

I guess you do not respect a thing called "innocent until proven guilty" .. or see any relevance in GB pulling out of the IBF hearing?...

Yes I do believe Ameen, and it seems he is more than happy to contest his innocence. If Khan has spouted his mouth off accusing him of wrongdoing and accusing Peterson's hard fought victory if being the result of foul play, then are we to assume he actually has evidence of this?, or is he just a loud mouth bad looser with a greedy management who think they own boxing and obviously cant deal with things not going their way?

Of course you would. Khan hasn't accused Ameen of anything. Neither have GBP. Get your facts straight first please. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

azania wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Khan - like a schoolboy.

How do you know thats the only reason. Making things up again?

Peterson got the lucky break and his team know that. Sad that they have no confidence in him beating Khan in a rematch because I believe he will.

You make things up... like stating we would all be blasting Khan if it was the other way round. Exactly what evidence do you have this would happen. Stop wumming, or at least try to be subtle about it.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Has Mr Ameen been arrested?

Has anyone been arrested for any crime in this matter?

Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm

azania wrote:Clear his name from what? No one has accused Peterson of anything.

Of course you wouldn't give Khan a rematch. You dont like him and want him punished for being too uppity and not british enough (in accepting defeat. We all know brits are good losers and make a career out of it).

Can you link me to a thread where I've bashed Khan? I like Khan, been to watch him fight a few times, was at the Barerra fight for example, however for me he hasn't come out of this well and by being objective and putting myself in Petersons position I can imagine how he feels.

Don't throw acusations around at people that a) are unfounded and b) that you can't prove are correct.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:47 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Can you link me to a thread where I've bashed Khan? I like Khan, been to watch him fight a few times, was at the Barerra fight for example, however for me he hasn't come out of this well and by being objective and putting myself in Petersons position I can imagine how he feels.

Don't throw acusations around at people that a) are unfounded and b) that you can't prove are correct.

Then he wouldnt have anything to contribute...

Hang on, maybe youre on to something there...

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:

Why is he appealing? Scared of losing so quickly? LP should man up and rematch Khan instead of using the courts to run like a school girl.

Haha you really are the world's biggest Khan fan-boy!! Like D4 and Manny, though at least he didn't play the 'objectivity' card all the time irrespective of how transparent it is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Fair enough. In that case I'll retract the comment and offer you an apology.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

johnson2 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

Then he wouldnt have anything to contribute...

Hang on, maybe youre on to something there...

Yep, lets all blame Khan. Boxing is full of gentlemen and honourable men behind the scenes. Khan is the only fighter in the history of the sport who claim's foul when being at the wrong end of a very tight decision and added with the points deductions which cost him the fight, he should shut up and be humble.

Twaddle. Every other boxer would have done the same thing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Yet again Az you ignore the fact Khan is not doing what every fighter has done, he is not whinging about the decision he is actively pursuing an appeal against the decision. Not sure how many times it needs pointing out this distinction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Nore Staat wrote:If there is a Khan - Peterson rematch - they are both going to make a lotta lotta money.

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I have been watching this whole saga unfold on 606v2 and on the news. It has been compelling but car crash viewing. Fact is if Peterson and Khan had a rematch with no controvesy, I would have given the fight a miss. Now that we have this whole back story, if a rematch happened I would buy the PPV.

Does Khan, or Peterson for that matter, really care about being honourable in this matter? I am sure I am not the only person who usually gives boxing a miss, but would be up to buying the PPV now. That can only be good for their wallets.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:58 pm

rowley wrote:Yet again Az you ignore the fact Khan is not doing what every fighter has done, he is not whinging about the decision he is actively pursuing an appeal against the decision. Not sure how many times it needs pointing out this distinction.

For the love of the belly of buddha rowley, how many times must I spell it out that its GBP appealing the decision. Its Khan shooting his mouth off about being robbed and hometown decisions.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:

Haha you really are the world's biggest Khan fan-boy!! Like D4 and Manny, though at least he didn't play the 'objectivity' card all the time irrespective of how transparent it is.

Wrong again. Not even a fan of Khan. Does one have to be a fanboy to display some objectivity? I'm on record (once again) in saying LP will win a rematch. You must get used to being wrong so often.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next