The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan's shot himself in the foot.

+12
dublfcynwa
TwisT
TopHat24/7
johnson2
tunes666
Rowley
Nico the gman
hampo17
oxring
azania
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan's shot himself in the foot. - Page 2 Empty Khan's shot himself in the foot.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Following news that Peterson will be appealing the WBA verdict to order a rematch against Amir Khan, I wondered If Khan would have been better off accepting the close decision and seeking a re match by fairer means. The fight was close as we all know and Peterson and his camp were mature enough to appreciate that Khan offered them the fight and opted to face Peterson in his home town.

I reckon Khan would have got a re match for BOTH belts had he shut up and accepted defeat like a man and not a schoolboy who's dinner money had been taken from him (does anyone remember dinner money?). Now this saga has muddied Peterson's efforts that night and put a black mark on boxing as a whole. So far the "man in the hat" has NOT been arrested for anything, no one has been ordered to court for what we were led to believe was obvious card tampering and no real hard concrete proof has been revealed to us....just accusations.

What a fine mess indeed. I can tell you from the real boxing fans who I speak to Khan has lost a lot of respect or what little respect he had. The only people who stick up for Khan in this case are moderate fans who just like a good story. Real boxing fans saw a close fight and did not feel robbed had it gone either way. Also the guys I speak to were willing to see a re match and the blame would have been on Peterson had he denied Khan the re match.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan's shot himself in the foot. - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan's shot himself in the foot.

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:04 pm

I said he was actively pursuing it, which I believe is the case, GBP may well have instigated it but Khan put the pictures and videos of the bloke his trainer knew on twitter and has made comments about level playing fields and justice being done, hardly sounds to me like he is passive in all this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Khan's shot himself in the foot. - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan's shot himself in the foot.

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:06 pm

He's a disgrace. Arrogant and not a very good boxer at all.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:Yet again Az you ignore the fact Khan is not doing what every fighter has done, he is not whinging about the decision he is actively pursuing an appeal against the decision. Not sure how many times it needs pointing out this distinction.

For the love of the belly of buddha rowley, how many times must I spell it out that its GBP appealing the decision. Its Khan shooting his mouth off about being robbed and hometown decisions.

It's interesting isn't it that when his promoter (Warren) did not want to put Khan on PPV because he knew he wasn't ready Khan can impose his will and make it happen irrespective of his promoters wishes but when his promoter launches an appeal apparently against his wishes he is powerless to do anything about it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

rowley wrote:I said he was actively pursuing it, which I believe is the case, GBP may well have instigated it but Khan put the pictures and videos of the bloke his trainer knew on twitter and has made comments about level playing fields and justice being done, hardly sounds to me like he is passive in all this.

All Khan has stated is that he wants a rematch. Sure he's showing strange things like Ameen. But why not? And do you really buy Ameen's story?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

He has also said on Twitter "they are all in on it" (hastily removed, I assume when his lawyer read it) as well as I want a level playing field and nice to see justice has been done when the WBA mandated a rematch, none of these particuarly fit your claim that all Khan has asked for is a rematch.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

Poor old Amir, he's always come across as a bit of a numpty, but in his defense, it was ok for good old paranoid "they're all out to get me" Bhop to get a pascal rematch enforced, but not khan.
As for Peterson offering a rematch, I put that in the same category as Floyd offering Ortiz a rematch (straight after their fight), i.e not worth the paper it was writen on, (oh wait it wasn't writen on paper, and that was always going to be problematic in this untrustworthy world)

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

rowley wrote:He has also said on Twitter "they are all in on it" (hastily removed, I assume when his lawyer read it) as well as I want a level playing field and nice to see justice has been done when the WBA mandated a rematch, none of these particuarly fit your claim that all Khan has asked for is a rematch.

It just shows that Amir is a few trees short of a rainforest.

By justice, I presume that they ordered a rematch. Its youth-speak Rowley, you feelin' me? lol.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:He has also said on Twitter "they are all in on it" (hastily removed, I assume when his lawyer read it) as well as I want a level playing field and nice to see justice has been done when the WBA mandated a rematch, none of these particuarly fit your claim that all Khan has asked for is a rematch.

By justice, I presume that they ordered a rematch. Its youth-speak Rowley, you feelin' me? lol.

No it doesn't, his first comment of they are all in on it shows he genuinely believes there was foul play involved in the fight, which without evidence is a disgraceful accusation to bandy about.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

No it doesn't, his first comment of they are all in on it shows he genuinely believes there was foul play involved in the fight, which without evidence is a disgraceful accusation to bandy about.

Yep. Graceful loser, Amir, just like his boss, Oscar...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

So what if he believes there was foul play. He isn't the only one I reckon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

So what if he believes there was foul play. He isn't the only one I reckon.

I am not questioning his right to believe there is foul play I bought this up in response to your oft repeated claim that all Khan has done is ask for a rematch because he simply has not he has suggested pretty much straight out that there was a conspiracy or fix first time round which is a world apart from only asking for a rematch, whether he is not alone in having these doubts is a quite different issue.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

Az Khan has discredited Petersons reputation with accusations. Now this is fine if the fight was an obvious shut out for Khan but it was not. Peterson was the more aggressive fighter and they win points in America, Khan should know this he has been in the states for a while now.

I don't blame Peterson if he does not give the rematch because why should he dance to Khan's tune. Khan has brought serious doubt on his efforts and win that suggests he is somewhat of a cheat. There was no rematch clause in the contract but Khan has found a way to muddy Petersons name and force him give the rematch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

I think Peterson will give Khan a rematch as he promised because the money would be good, but only on his terms. He doesn't want to be forced to do it by the WBA. This is a matter of principle. I don't blame him, the WBA shouldn't have ordered the rematch in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Az Khan has discredited Petersons reputation with accusations. Now this is fine if the fight was an obvious shut out for Khan but it was not. Peterson was the more aggressive fighter and they win points in America, Khan should know this he has been in the states for a while now.

I don't blame Peterson if he does not give the rematch because why should he dance to Khan's tune. Khan has brought serious doubt on his efforts and win that suggests he is somewhat of a cheat. There was no rematch clause in the contract but Khan has found a way to muddy Petersons name and force him give the rematch.

I know you like reading into things that simply aren't there, but Khan has never accused LP of anything. In fact he praised LP for fighting a good fight but felt he got robbed and perhaps other forces were at play.

LP dances to the tune of who pays the bigger purse. If he wants the million dollar purse only Khan can give it to him.

But I reckon his team wants an easy gimme defence before they pit him with Khan. Which for me is a pity because he will beat Khan again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:44 pm

(does anyone remember dinner money?).

Yes, I remember the dinner money tickets were dished out to the smelly kids who lived in council houses and they had a value of 87p. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

It was pretty obvious that any support Khan was receiving prior to the last fight was only lip service, since he IS an exciting young fighter with a good record.

Of course, now that he has lost again, all the bile is spewing forth, just like it did after the Prescott fight.

Sure Khan has made some mistakes but the disproportionate villification borders on the irrational; after all we are only talking about a 25 yr old sportsman who by all accounts is quite a decent, hardworking and affable chap. Really makes me wonder..

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 19 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

emancipator wrote:It was pretty obvious that any support Khan was receiving prior to the last fight was only lip service, since he IS an exciting young fighter with a good record.

Of course, now that he has lost again, all the bile is spewing forth, just like it did after the Prescott fight.

Sure Khan has made some mistakes but the disproportionate villification borders on the irrational; after all we are only talking about a 25 yr old sportsman who by all accounts is quite a decent, hardworking and affable chap who drives like a 15year old on methamphetamine. Really makes me wonder..

ghost

emancipator

Much better...

To an extent I agree - the criticisms need to be rational and reasonable. To criticise saying he has no inside game is fair. To say that we're disappointed with the lack of class he's shown in defeat - is also fair.

To say the fight proves he was never any good anyway and is an overhyped dislikeable bum - is not fair.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

Perhaps.. except I'm sure we've all made mistakes when we were young(er).

To constantly beat him with the driving stick is a little puerile. I don't condone his actions but some context is always welcome.. how old was he at the time? 19, 20? As far as I'm aware I don't think he's a repeat offender!

His boxing skills (or lack of ) can be critisized ad nauseum, after all this a public forum for discussion, but to constantly belittle his every move, with relentless nasty, snide asides about his character, behaviour and family (greatly exaggerated of course); painting him as some unholy demon is irrational.

I don't see other boxers receiving the same kind of treatment (except perhaps Floyd - but clearly they are worlds apart in terms of character flaws).

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

emancipator wrote:It was pretty obvious that any support Khan was receiving prior to the last fight was only lip service, since he IS an exciting young fighter with a good record.

Sure Khan has made some mistakes but the disproportionate villification borders on the irrational; after all we are only talking about a 25 yr old sportsman who by all accounts is quite a decent, hardworking and affable chap. Really makes me wonder..

ghost

emancipator

clap clap clap

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

oxring wrote:

Sure Khan has made some mistakes but the disproportionate villification borders on the irrational; after all we are only talking about a 25 yr old sportsman who by all accounts is quite a decent, hardworking and affable chap who drives like a 15year old on methamphetamine. Really makes me wonder..

ghost

emancipator

Much better...

To an extent I agree - the criticisms need to be rational and reasonable. To criticise saying he has no inside game is fair. To say that we're disappointed with the lack of class he's shown in defeat - is also fair.

To say the fight proves he was never any good anyway and is an overhyped dislikeable bum - is not fair.

That's not what he is being criticised for. Some here thinks he is leading GBP to the courts and forcing them to appeal the decision. This is a somewhat thick 25 year old kid we're talking about.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

I just wish the rematch is on and then Peterson 'fakes' a injury Very Happy !! This would urinate on all of GBP/Team Khans bonfire. For the record I would like to know, if Peterson did fake an injury would the sanctioning bodies strip him of the belts? Nowadays medical records can be made to pull out of fights.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:I just wish the rematch is on and then Peterson 'fakes' a injury Very Happy !! This would urinate on all of GBP/Team Khans bonfire. For the record I would like to know, if Peterson did fake an injury would the sanctioning bodies strip him of the belts? Nowadays medical records can be made to pull out of fights.

If he;s stripped of his belts then it would be an embarassment to the organisations. It would render their belts worthless (not that its worth much to an acclaimed boxer anyway).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:I just wish the rematch is on and then Peterson 'fakes' a injury Very Happy !! This would urinate on all of GBP/Team Khans bonfire. For the record I would like to know, if Peterson did fake an injury would the sanctioning bodies strip him of the belts? Nowadays medical records can be made to pull out of fights.

If he;s stripped of his belts then it would be an embarassment to the organisations. It would render their belts worthless (not that its worth much to an acclaimed boxer anyway).

So to keep their reputation in tact, they would have to let Peterson keep his belts? In other words suppose the rematch is on, Peterson pulls out of fight with injury, and their would be nothing Khan could do about this apart from moan like he already is. If this does happen Peterson will be accused of ducking 'rightfully so' but I believe he has every right to have a tune in fight and earn some cash before taking a 'high-risk' fight.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm

What if his opponent doesn't read the script and Peterson loses his tune up fight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

Regardless of whether he loses or not, the point is he deserves to call the shots, didnt Khan tell Mcloskey 'Im the champ I call the shots'? The bottom line is Khan is being given a taste of his own medicine and he cannot accept the fact his own words are coming back to haunt him!!

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Regardless of whether he loses or not, the point is he deserves to call the shots, didnt Khan tell Mcloskey 'Im the champ I call the shots'? The bottom line is Khan is being given a taste of his own medicine and he cannot accept the fact his own words are coming back to haunt him!!

How are his words coming back to haunt him? You're hoping LP says something, then making out as if he's said it.

If LP's team go another direction to avoid Khan, ity will be a mistake. They will be showing a lack of confidence in his ability. He should rematch Khan and win properly without any assistance from dodgy reffing. He can and should beat Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:Regardless of whether he loses or not, the point is he deserves to call the shots, didnt Khan tell Mcloskey 'Im the champ I call the shots'? The bottom line is Khan is being given a taste of his own medicine and he cannot accept the fact his own words are coming back to haunt him!!

How are his words coming back to haunt him? You're hoping LP says something, then making out as if he's said it.

If LP's team go another direction to avoid Khan, ity will be a mistake. They will be showing a lack of confidence in his ability. He should rematch Khan and win properly without any assistance from dodgy reffing. He can and should beat Khan.

Petersons career doesn't revolve around khan.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm

Khan tells Mcloskey to beat every man on his resume before offering rematch, yet doesn't realize Mcloskey beat Prescott who K'od Khan!! Khan believes he has bigger fish to fry like Bradley like I told you before azania 'pre-Peterson v Khan' Khan has no chance against Desert Storm, I like watching Khan hes very entertaining and sometimes he amazes with his sheer handspeed but in terms of skill and ring generalship Bradley is way better than Khan, no matter how much people want to disagree this is the truth.

Khan should start his career again, maybe fight Kell Brook or Kevin Mitchell and prove to the British that he never ducked the entire domestic division, because many Brits believe he did this. This whole American dream of Khans is just unrealistic, Mayweather would school him so bad its untrue and Bradley would make him look silly considering Khan talks like he is more superior than Bradley.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm

lovely_london wrote:
azania wrote:

Petersons career doesn't revolve around khan.

Why should he duck Khan? He will lose respect, credibility and money if he ducks Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:05 pm

azania wrote:

Win properly? how would he do this then? and the only mistake he'd be making is the logic Khan fans use, Khan showed massive confidence when Maidana asked for rematch didn't he? Its ok for Khan to dodge rematches but when Peterson does it its called 'showing lack of confidence in his ability'.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Khan tells Mcloskey to beat every man on his resume before offering rematch, yet doesn't realize Mcloskey beat Prescott who K'od Khan!! Khan believes he has bigger fish to fry like Bradley like I told you before azania 'pre-Peterson v Khan' Khan has no chance against Desert Storm, I like watching Khan hes very entertaining and sometimes he amazes with his sheer handspeed but in terms of skill and ring generalship Bradley is way better than Khan, no matter how much people want to disagree this is the truth.

Khan should start his career again, maybe fight Kell Brook or Kevin Mitchell and prove to the British that he never ducked the entire domestic division, because many Brits believe he did this. This whole American dream of Khans is just unrealistic, Mayweather would school him so bad its untrue and Bradley would make him look silly considering Khan talks like he is more superior than Bradley.

Who would pay to see a Khan/Mc fight? I mean come on!

Why fight Brook? He's a WW. Khan isn't/ And what has Mitchell done at LW to be offerred a shot at Khan? Are you just picking fighters name at randon?

Personally I'd hate to see a Khan/Mitchell fight. I think the atmosphere would be ugly. It would resemble Kaylor v Christie.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:11 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:
azania wrote:

Win properly? how would he do this then? and the only mistake he'd be making is the logic Khan fans use, Khan showed massive confidence when Maidana asked for rematch didn't he? Its ok for Khan to dodge rematches but when Peterson does it its called 'showing lack of confidence in his ability'.

Win properly. Win decisively. Remove doubt. Why rematch Maidana. Khan won without controversy or doubt. Just because a fight is exciting doesn't mean there should be a rematch.

Only a blind Khan hater will claim LP won without controversy. The irrationality in the argument of the anti Khan muppets is staggering. Face it, you only want a Maidana rematch in the hope that he can KO Khan. You dont want a LP rematch because you believe Khan will win.

If you can at least be honest to yourself, you will have some respect. Personally I dont care if Khan wins or loses. For the millionth time and for jerks who rush in feet first, I am picking Lamont to win a rematch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Come on Az stop going off point, and answer the question, if Peterson dodges the rematch it 'shows lack of ability in confidence' so going by your logic when Maidana asked for rematch you agree 'Khan showed lack of his confidence' when he refused the rematch? and guess what the money issue claims are invalid and I agree Khan v Mitchell/Brook I wouldnt pay for it. I defo would have paid for Maidana rematch, so on the flip side Khan v Mitchell would generate nothing yet the fight that would generate something 'Khan v Maidana' he didn't want to take??

Be objective and see why Khan is just running round for paydays fella!!

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Come on Az stop going off point, and answer the question, if Peterson dodges the rematch it 'shows lack of ability in confidence' so going by your logic when Maidana asked for rematch you agree 'Khan showed lack of his confidence' when he refused the rematch? and guess what the money issue claims are invalid and I agree Khan v Mitchell/Brook I wouldnt pay for it. I defo would have paid for Maidana rematch, so on the flip side Khan v Mitchell would generate nothing yet the fight that would generate something 'Khan v Maidana' he didn't want to take??

Be objective and see why Khan is just running round for paydays fella!!

Your questioned was already answered. Khan beat Maidana decisively. Removing any doubt as to who was the better fighter. Sure it was close and exciting. But Khan won and won clearly. Why give an immediate rematch? Can you really say with a straight face, crossing your heart and hoping....(well no) that LP won decisively and without controversy?

Mitchell is a LW. Khan is a LWW. Mitchell is a small LW also. He is not Euro standard let alone world class. He's not even the best LW in the UK. For crissakes why would anyone put him in with class and call it a world title fight? Ridiculous.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:
azania wrote:

Win properly. Win decisively. Remove doubt. Why rematch Maidana. Khan won without controversy or doubt. Just because a fight is exciting doesn't mean there should be a rematch.

Only a blind Khan hater will claim LP won without controversy. The irrationality in the argument of the anti Khan muppets is staggering. Face it, you only want a Maidana rematch in the hope that he can KO Khan. You dont want a LP rematch because you believe Khan will win.

If you can at least be honest to yourself, you will have some respect. Personally I dont care if Khan wins or loses. For the millionth time and for jerks who rush in feet first, I am picking Lamont to win a rematch.

For your info I actually backed Peterson to win on points in fact I made over £500, so the rematch will be no different Id back Peterson. Not a Khan hater im a fan of boxing and I judge boxers inside the ring. Peterson sure won the fight with controversy so again stop throwing accusations which are not true.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

Shocked

Last edited by azania on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

Khan in your eyes won clearly against Maidana but in others he 'may' not have! the same way in mine and your eyes Peterson decision was controversial but in some peoples eyes it was clear win. People see things differently and you fail to understand the politics involved here. Team Khan/GBP are just moaning like school kids.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:27 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Khan in your eyes won clearly against Maidana but in others he 'may' not have! the same way in mine and your eyes Peterson decision was controversial but in some peoples eyes it was clear win. People see things differently and you fail to understand the politics involved here. Team Khan/GBP are just moaning like school kids.

Khan won by about 2 rounds in my score. I dont think many people scored it for Maidana. It wasn't a fight that could have been scored either way. It was clear Khan won.

As for the politics. I understand that perfectly. In fact I was probably the first here who predicted that one organisation would call for a rematch to play oneupmanship. I also said that the reason why GBP are making hay is because some fool negotiator over-estimated Khan and under-estimated LP and didn't include a rematch clause.

I also understand that boxing is a dirty business and wouldn't put it past anyone to try to influence officials one way or another.

And claiming that one group is ,oaning like school kids displays a lack of understanding about the very dirty nature of the business behind boxing. I'll once again quote Larry Holmes when he said that boxing is the only sport where "the lions are scared by the rats".

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:32 pm

Its like drawing hens teeth with you, i'll just agree to disagree!!

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Its like drawing hens teeth with you, i'll just agree to disagree!!

Carry on. Irrationality run things.

I have to admit that you made me chuckle when you said Khan should rematch Maidana and fight Mitchell.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2