The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losers

+13
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
Imperial Ghosty
johnson2
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
oxring
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
Super D Boon
Fists of Fury
azania
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Losers - Page 3 Empty Losers

Post by azania Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why do Brits like losers? You worship losers and give them huge praise. Look at Bruno. More popular after losing to Witherspoon, Smith and even more popular after getting his rear handed to him by Tyson.

Eubank is another. Not very popular even after extremely brilliant displays against Benn and Watson but became more popular after losing. The adjective "brave loser" must have been coined for the Brits.

Contrast that with Naz who was like Marmite and Eubank during his pomp. Any boxer displaying a winning mentality is automatically called arrogant, not humble and many will be baying for some Johnny Foreigner to KTFO of him.

Calzaghe is not Mr Popular even though he is britains only undefeated boxer. Too many people criticise his record, pick holes at him, criticise his social life yet few praise him for being a winner.

Instead you worship Bruno and his ilk. Sad but true.

Richard Dunne got a hero's welcome after getting mullered by Ali. I mean a hero's welcome. This guy spent as much time on his behind than on his feet. Yet he was called a brave loser.

What is it about you brits that makes you worship and isolise losers?

Whoever said "its the taking part that matters" came second in my opinnion.

azania

Back to top Go down

Losers - Page 3 Empty Re: Losers

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:56 pm

rowley wrote:Realise taking Frank's word on an ex fighter as gospel is always risky but he has always maintained that he put Khan on PPV so early because it was the only way he could pay him what he and his team demanded. He has always said he was against it because he knew he was not ready, a view the rumoured figures for his early PPV adventures would seem to support.

How many top class fights had Frank promised fighters who left his camp?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:58 pm

johnson2 wrote:
azania wrote:Do you believe Khan himself went to Frank demanding PPV fights?

If you believe what you wrote, then fair enough. Personally I dont think Khan has the intellect, clout or ability to do anything other than fight. If you believe Khan is leading this with GBP happily tagging along, then I suggest Khan change profession and become a lawyer or something. Obviously those powers and intellect are being wasted on boxing.

You dont need to be clever to demand something and make stupid comments day in, day out.

So you believe Khan is the brains behind it all. Wow. I'd hire him as a tax lawyer anyday then. The kid is obvuiously wasted and he should become a lawyer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:58 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:Realise taking Frank's word on an ex fighter as gospel is always risky but he has always maintained that he put Khan on PPV so early because it was the only way he could pay him what he and his team demanded. He has always said he was against it because he knew he was not ready, a view the rumoured figures for his early PPV adventures would seem to support.

How many top class fights had Frank promised fighters who left his camp?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Understood rowley. I come from a position where the problems with boxing lies squarely on the shoulders of promoters, sanctioning bodies, lawyers and lastly the boxers. When I hear people blaming Khan for this and that, I wonder if they even know anything about the business of boxing. Fortunately I know a few ex fighters who have had issues with their managers and their careers stalled. Mike Watson being a case in point.

Khan is an idiot. No sense in disputing that. But to blame him for this mess is far fetched when there are lawyers who would run rings around most others all playing games behind the scenes. Nameless, faceless and humourless guys who never take a punch decide what goes on...and the boxers take the lick in every way.

Khan is by no means innocent. His dad and managers/team have much to answer for.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

azania wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
azania wrote:Do you believe Khan himself went to Frank demanding PPV fights?

If you believe what you wrote, then fair enough. Personally I dont think Khan has the intellect, clout or ability to do anything other than fight. If you believe Khan is leading this with GBP happily tagging along, then I suggest Khan change profession and become a lawyer or something. Obviously those powers and intellect are being wasted on boxing.

You dont need to be clever to demand something and make stupid comments day in, day out.

So you believe Khan is the brains behind it all. Wow. I'd hire him as a tax lawyer anyday then. The kid is obvuiously wasted and he should become a lawyer.

Who earn more, lawyers or champion boxers. Khan is clearly playing a major role, that much should not really be in question.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Major role in what way? Leading things. Issuing orders? Making directives? Whay way is he leading or playing a major role. Bear in mind that he isn't the brightest spark either.

As to who earns more, a boxer will be lucky to take 30% of his gross earnings. Witherspoon was promised a $1m payday for fighting Bruno. He ended up with $90k and had to pay taxes on that. Also a lawyer will have more champion boxers on their books so overall the pawyer will earn more than the boxer. If you think the boxer pays the lawyer per fight, then you are sadly mistaken.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:33 pm

azania wrote:Major role in what way? Leading things. Issuing orders? Making directives? Whay way is he leading or playing a major role. Bear in mind that he isn't the brightest spark either.

As to who earns more, a boxer will be lucky to take 30% of his gross earnings. Witherspoon was promised a $1m payday for fighting Bruno. He ended up with $90k and had to pay taxes on that. Also a lawyer will have more champion boxers on their books so overall the pawyer will earn more than the boxer. If you think the boxer pays the lawyer per fight, then you are sadly mistaken.

Posting pics on twitter, shouting from the roof tops he has been robbed etc... The difference between your claims and my claims is that I can back mine up with evidence i.e the aforementioned.

As to the who earns more argument, stop being silly.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Khan is just as complicit in all this as GBP, see no reason to keep trying to argue that point.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 pm

johnson2 wrote:
azania wrote:Major role in what way? Leading things. Issuing orders? Making directives? Whay way is he leading or playing a major role. Bear in mind that he isn't the brightest spark either.

Posting pics on twitter, shouting from the roof tops he has been robbed etc... The difference between your claims and my claims is that I can back mine up with evidence i.e the aforementioned.

As to the who earns more argument, stop being silly.

Now whosebeing silly. You think Khan posting pics on twitter and shouting that he was robbed (which boxer doesn't bt) influenced the WBA and influenced GBP to launch a appeal?

And as for who earns more,look it up. Look at Witherspoon and Chavez. Both with King at the time. The promoter makes the most.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Don't like articles like this...they are inflammatory and divisive.....

Come on Az.......leave it out!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't like articles like this...they are inflammatory and divisive.....

Come on Az.......leave it out!!

Truss, menee, closer. STFU. No-one was being inflammatory.....until you came along.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Until you came along......da doo de doo...

And I've never met a girl like you before!!!

Whatever happened to Edwyn Collins???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Until you came along......da doo de doo...

And I've never met a girl like you before!!!

Whatever happened to Edwyn Collins???

Dunno about Collins, but Etta James passed on today. RIP to a great singer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Respect!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

It's nonsense anyways.

The more popular someone gets, the more 'haterz' they generate.

It just so happens that those 'haterz' are very vocal.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3