The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In terms of excitment.....

+6
Rowley
88Chris05
Imperial Ghosty
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In terms of excitment..... - Page 2 Empty In terms of excitment.....

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

How did Britain's magnificent 4 Eubank, Benn, Watson and Collins compare to America's famous 4 Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Hagler?

I will always remember those great middleweight scraps that took place in Britain in the 90's. The build ups, the personalities, the drama and the real un-hyped tensions between the fighters. Of course Benn and Eubanks provided unforgettable moments in and out of the ring. Their first fight was brutal to say the least and really gripped the nation. Benn the rough, savage slugger and Eubanks the refined, articulate Brighton home boy had a fiery rivalry.

Micheal Watson was the gem looking in from the outside and I recall him being nicknamed Micheal what's his name, but he really proved himself by outboxing Benn and Eubanks. Micheal was the quite, unassuming, very schooled fighter from Hackney who was a real mommas boy. We all know he won the first fight with Eubanks but took defeat like a champ hmm there's a lesson there for someone! Of course I don't have too explain too much about the tragic end to that fight but what a contest that was. Watson was on his way to victory and even put Eubanks down late only for Chris to get up and unleash a stunning uppercut that basically won the fight for him. Great night of boxing.

And then Collins who fancied his chance against Benn and Eubanks. This guy was your typical tough, hard as nails Irishman who knew how to get into a fighters head. He surprised the nation by beating the big 2 back then and managed to add the real highlight of his career.

Sometimes its great to remember the great nights of boxing but how would you say it compared to the big four states side in terms of drama, personalities, and fights?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

In terms of excitment..... - Page 2 Empty Re: In terms of excitment.....

Post by Rowley Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 pm

I quite like it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm

rowley wrote:I quite like it.

It is a soft mans rugby.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 pm

johnson2 wrote:

It is a soft mans rugby.

Still like it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:31 pm

alma wrote:It's alright in an hour's highlights show (like C4 used to do), but live it's pretty dull, especially when whole defensive/offensive teams trudge off every few minutes.

Got to agree with that Alma, went to it the first timea league game was at Wembley a few years ago and apart from the novelty of seeing it for the first time and the spectacle the game was pretty dull, the only sport I genuinely think is better on TV than live.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 pm

rowley wrote:
johnson2 wrote:

It is a soft mans rugby.

Still like it

It's a tactical game really. In which people still take huge hits, get concussions broken ribs/arms/legs etc. Tough sport and a more tactical game than Rugby in my opinion. Then again, I dislike Rugby but enjoy the NFL so my view may be rather slanted!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Alex, how can you be from Leeds and not like Rugby? Either code. You're not really a Yorkshireman are you? You are a babysham drinking southerner.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Alex, how can you be from Leeds and not like Rugby? Either code. You're not really a Yorkshireman are you? You are a babysham drinking southerner.

He works/did work in HR, the horse has already bolted Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 pm

It just doesn't interest me, please don't take away my Yorkshire tag, it's all I have left to show that I'm a man!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

The NFL is pathetic compared to Rugby, eurgh.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:26 pm

At least our Baseball is better than your "rounders"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2