The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

united's win over arsenal yesterday

5 posters

Go down

united's win over arsenal yesterday Empty united's win over arsenal yesterday

Post by matth7 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:04 am

fantastic result for us yesterday, the emirates is a hard place to go to, i think we are the first team to have beaten them at home in the league this season ( correct me if i'm wrong ) not any teams will win there this season, we deserved to have won the game yesterday, the game should've been won in the first half, in the second half we let the home side back in to the game but to our credit we fought hard for the winner and we got it. My man of the match from yesterday's game has to be chris smalling, he was excellent yesterday, clearing everything in the box, i know he sliped during the game it didn't cost us and he recovered very well.

thoughts ?

matth7

Back to top Go down

united's win over arsenal yesterday Empty Re: united's win over arsenal yesterday

Post by lorus59 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:14 am

Liverpool won there already. I expect City, Spurs and Chelsea to win there also. Arsenal are a very poor team at the moment. No full backs, very average defence and nothing on the bench. That was their 3rd loss in a row. For sure United is a much stronger team and would have been clear favourites to win. United won by exposing the lack of full backs but I would not get too carried away by a close win at the Emirates.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

united's win over arsenal yesterday Empty Re: united's win over arsenal yesterday

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:21 am

The result was close but the performance wasn't. Arsenal were totally dominated on home turf having been unbeaten there since pretty much the start of the season (Liverpool was Arsenal's first home game, and only second of the domestic season) therefore was a great result especially given United were also coming off a poor run of form themselves.

Arsenal are no longer a top 4 team, but it was still a great result and performance.

Still see City winning the title though which is sad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:37 am

United were on top and could have scored a few but a very poor Arsenal team created way too many chances against it. Van Persie missed a sitter, Chamberlain and Ramsey could have easily scored too. I don't think this is a great United team.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

Certainly far from the best sides Ive seen. Rooney seems to be going through one of his stages where he looks distinstly average, plenty of effort but no end product, in fact he could have had an England shirt on.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

Wenger has dropped the ball here. We looked garbage in the second half and if he kept chamberlain on I don't think we would have gone onto win, not even sure we'd have held on for a draw

Even without injuries this isn't a great united side, especially compared to some that we have had in the past

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Diggers wrote:Certainly far from the best sides Ive seen. Rooney seems to be going through one of his stages where he looks distinstly average, plenty of effort but no end product, in fact he could have had an England shirt on.

Agreed, I've been finding Wayne a really frustrating player the last year or two, particularly since his contract saga. Half tempted to say Fergie should do his usual brutal cull and get rid of him. The fact Alex doesn't want him playing for any of our rivals is probably one of the main reasons why not.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

Man of the match was Arshavin....Made his presence felt straightaway....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down