The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solis Looks Up for it.

+2
The Galveston Giant
Mr Bounce
6 posters

Go down

Solis Looks Up for it. Empty Solis Looks Up for it.

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 18 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

Odlanier Solis looks like he's stayed away from the pie shop as he's weighed in at 246.9lbs to Vitali's 249.5lbs - practically the lightest of his career. This could be interesting as Solis, whilst not desperately exciting, certainly has some pedigree from the amateurs. He hasn't set the world on fire but I think he's planning some movement to try to take Vitali out of his comfort zone.

Could go to points unless La Sombra walks onto a humdinger or Vitali gets cut. Thoughts?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Solis Looks Up for it. Empty Re: Solis Looks Up for it.

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

Lets hope he can give Vitali his toughest test for a while. It's good to see he's lost weight and hopefully means he's confident and ready to go.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:50 pm

i think the longer the fight goes on the more i'd lean towards vitali- solis has definetly got the KO power for a knockout- it all comes down to how well vitali can keep him away with the jab and pick at him with power punches- i'd like to say earlier KO solis but in reality points decision vitali..... i think it would be a good shake up for the heavyweight division if we had a new champion, fingers crossed

intresting to see that solis stared at 6/1 in the bookies now at 7/2

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

I think the price is a reflection of Solis having a decent training camp and getting into shape.

Reorts I heard were that he had cut 30 pounds which were slightly exaggerated but he is coming in at virtually a career low.

I thought starting odds of 6/1 or 7/1 in some places were very generous given Vitalis age and Solis pedigree so I think 7/2 is actually a fair enough price.

I think Vitali will be tested but his experience and condinitioning for 12 rounders will see him pass the test. Solis has only done 9 rounds I think so the Championship rounds should favour Vitali.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:53 am

I think Solis might start brightly but after eating a few of Vitali's shots he'll go into his shell and just try to last the distance for a comfortable points defeat rather than get stopped.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 11:33 am

LOL

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down