The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Options for Six Nations on the internet

+10
nathan
munkian
Gibson
B91212
Cari
thomh
George Carlin
Shifty
dogtooth
rugbyfan
14 posters

Go down

Options for Six Nations on the internet  Empty Options for Six Nations on the internet

Post by rugbyfan Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

Can anyone recommend a good website to watch the Six Nations games live? I live in the Middle East and the TV package that i have doesn't show the matches.

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Options for Six Nations on the internet  Empty Re: Options for Six Nations on the internet

Post by dogtooth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

i watched a heiniken cup match on aljazeira tv.

see if 'everythingontv' is still around.

im sure you'll find a decent stream of all the 6n matches

Last edited by dogtooth on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Options for Six Nations on the internet  Empty Re: Options for Six Nations on the internet

Post by Shifty Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:59 am

I have sent you a site you can watch free streaming rugby from.

Another option you might like to try is bbc i player, but you may have to trick it into thinking your isp is from the uk.

you may also be able to watch it on s4c, though it will be in welsh but again you may be able to listen to english commentry at the same time.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

thanks for the replies - and for the message.

I'm guessing that BBC IPlayer only shows the games that are on live with the BBC. Does the BBC have all the games live, or does Sky have some?

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:40 pm

AlynDavies wrote:I have sent you a site you can watch free streaming rugby from.

Another option you might like to try is bbc i player, but you may have to trick it into thinking your isp is from the uk.

you may also be able to watch it on s4c, though it will be in welsh but again you may be able to listen to english commentry at the same time.

Alyn - could you also pop me the same email? Am having exactly the same problem as the OP. Ale
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:44 pm

rugbyfan wrote:thanks for the replies - and for the message.

I'm guessing that BBC IPlayer only shows the games that are on live with the BBC. Does the BBC have all the games live, or does Sky have some?

BBC has them all, since the Six Nations is listed as one of the sporting events that's required to be on free channels.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:40 pm

George Carlin wrote:Alyn - could you also pop me the same email? Am having exactly the same problem as the OP. Ale
check inbox OK
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

I can PM you a link where you might find games on match days too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

Can you please forward me the same email? It's shown here on tv but on a 24 hour delay so you buy it through their premium service at $20 a match (or $99 for all the games). I wouldn't actually mind too much paying to watch it on the tv but I begrudge paying a hundred bucks to watch something on a laptop when others can watch it on their computer for free Smile

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:19 pm

rugbyfan wrote:Can anyone recommend a good website to watch the Six Nations games live? I live in the Middle East and the TV package that i have doesn't show the matches.

Rugby,
Want to watch all ITV all the BBC stations from anywhere in the World? ITV Player and BBC iPlayer also?

Read your PM bud. OK

P.S. You need a decent internet connection, with sufficient bandwidth, to make it work.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 30 Jan 2012, 5:42 am

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me.

It wouldn't have been February without being able to scream at Dan Parks until I pop a blood vessel in my neck.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:46 am

thank you for all the messages - I'll definately be able to find a solution to watch the games!

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:23 am

You should be able to watch the Wales games live on the S4C website, I'm not sure about other nations games.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:34 am

rugbyfan wrote:thanks for the replies - and for the message.

BBC have full rights, thank Christ. ALL games shown live on the BEEB.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

i might see what i can sirt out for your guys. Any know of any streaming platforms? only have a 700k upload.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

Just a reminder folks (and I know no-one's done it on this thread yet), please don't post any links to illegal streaming sites in comments on V2, doing it can get the site into trouble.

Cheers.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:46 pm

Gibson, don't suppose you can send me the same message? I'm assuming its about using a proxy server to change the IP address but don't know how to do it.

Cheers

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by walesneedanewmidget Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:47 pm

There is a 6am flight from Tehran to Dublin next Sunday.

That should get you to the game on time.

walesneedanewmidget

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Just a reminder folks (and I know no-one's done it on this thread yet), please don't post any links to illegal streaming sites in comments on V2, doing it can get the site into trouble.

Cheers.

Really? Other sites / forums I use do so openly and they are much bigger. These are not illegal sites anyway as they are merely hosts.

can we name the sites but not link?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

TJ wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Cheers.

Really? Other sites / forums I use do so openly and they are much bigger. These are not illegal sites anyway as they are merely hosts.

can we name the sites but not link?

Forumotion, our software provider, has a policy of shutting down forums that encourage illegal activity. And a lot of sports organisations are very active in chasing down the streaming sites themselves - it only takes a handful of complaints.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:14 pm

I wandered Lonely as a Clown...

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

Ok

I have a few sites I use. If anyones stuck PM me

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down