The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final

2 posters

Go down

My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final Empty My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final

Post by Chydremion Mon 30 Jan - 10:02

Don't remember anymore at which point of the match it happened.
Anyway at a certain moment Nadal hit a forehand down the line that was just out and called out. Probably many people in the crowd didn't hear this call and had seen the ball in, thinking it was a winner, as they started cheering for Nadal. Several guys in Nadal's Box stood up and were clapping (not Nadal's uncle and father though). Nadal's father looked very peed off while making a gesture to the guy standing next to him and clapping. Looked like his gesture meant something like 'Stop clapping, that ball was out!!'. It's always funny to see his frustrated antics when Djokovic is beating his son. I still remember some epic faces from him from Wimbledon.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final Empty Re: My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final

Post by Guest82 Mon 30 Jan - 11:05

That was Nadal's uncle - former Barcelona footballer Miguel Angel Nadal. Nicknamed "The Beast of Barcelona"

Guest82

Back to top Go down

My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final Empty Re: My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan - 12:04

Chydremion wrote:My moment of the 2012 Men's singles Australian Open final
... Several guys ... clapping. Nadal's father ... [made a gesture which] meant something like 'Stop clapping' ...
So your "moment" of 6 hours of tennis are a few geezers clapping and another geezer asking them to stop clapping Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down