The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes??

+8
bhb001
Imperial Ghosty
Lance
superflyweight
Rowley
Steffan
NathanDB10
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes?? - Page 2 Empty Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'd pick prime 1990 Holy to beat prime Larry Holmes.......although I'm a big Larry fan.....Holy was better than anything Larry beat..Holy at his peak would have been a nightmare for anyone......

I've been thinking Holy should be higher in the ratings than he is........Longevity, skill wise and record wise he seems more than a match for Larry...he even beat him before Larry beat Ray mercer......albeit an old Larry..

Considering Larry's best wins were a still game Shavers and a faded Norton.Witherspoon...unbeaten Cooney etc.....

when we review Holy's heavy record...Douglas.....A once beaten Tyson (twice)....pre-title winning Foreman.......Moorer....Holmes.....Bowe........Draw with Lewis.......unbeaten Stewart...Mercer........

It seems he has the better record........Not forgetting larry's lack of ambition 1984 onwards.......Page was certainly avoided as was Pinklon!!

Why is Holy near 20 and Holmes top 5 on lists.......I don't know why?????

Think I'll re-evaluate and have him top 10..for sure.

I

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes??

Post by azania Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:No it wasn't a heart attack.

Some serious ailment or another.

Then he visited a faith healer who put her hands on his chest. He felt the heat and recovered. Perhaps he saw the same doctor Dirrell visited. Or perhaps Evan Field knows something about it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't Holy's record at heavy just as good as Holmes??

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 pm

I should know by now that any discussion involving Holyfield ends up with you dragging out the same Evan Fields argument every time.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Everything is black and white with Azania....

Literally..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Everything is black and white with Azania....

Literally..

Comment of the year, I salute you sir.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:06 am

oxring wrote:

Literally..

Comment of the year, I salute you sir.

Dont encourage Truss if you please Oxy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 am

I've read the arguments and gone round in circles thinking of my answer.

Holy executed a good strategy and demonstrated skill to beat tyson. Would he do the same against Norton et al? I think so, so my money is Holy. But could be either.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 am

Literally..

Shades of gray trussy. I like milk in my coffee. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2