The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF!

+4
TopHat24/7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
8 posters

Go down

Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF! Empty Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF!

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:24 am

Berto apprentely ruptured his left bicep and his S&C coach has said the fights definately off.

Shame Sad

Hopefully Ortiz still fights in a couple of weeks, would be a shame to waste all his hard work and keeps him busy.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF! Empty Re: Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF!

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

Gutted.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF! Empty Re: Berto Injures Arm, Fight with Ortiz OFF!

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

The fight is still on untill scans are done, hopefully this can be moved to march if feb is too early

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:07 am

I believe the fight will still be honoured but the date changed but as we're so close to the original date it's very annoying!

I ruptured bicep sounds like Berto would need more than a few weeks recovery so may let Ortiz fight still in Feb to save the card and reschedule for June.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:23 am

Think June sounds more realistic, ruptured bicep sounds pretty nasty and like it may need a while to heal and recover completely.

Maybe on one of the Manny or Floyd undercards around that time?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:31 am

Khan - step up Laugh If you can overcome Ortiz you might get the mayweather fight in may

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

Jeez, this sucks! I honestly think if this is off Ortiz should push for a Mayweather rematch. Mexican angle, bad blood between the two.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:48 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Jeez, this sucks! I honestly think if this is off Ortiz should push for a Mayweather rematch. Mexican angle, bad blood between the two.

Good shout Sean! I'd heavily favour Mayweather as will most and don't think the last fight left a "what if" question due to the finish but if he doesn't fight Cotto or Alvarez (no catchweight though!) and Berto is injured then probably the only decent fight for him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

Exactly mate, this is a blessing for Mayweather if you ask me, easy sellt o the public, bad blood element and the average armchair fan might argue Ortiz was suckered because he was coming on (which we know wasn't so). Mayweather wins this all day for me, but decent fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

i'd like ortiz vs khan or marquez.

or mayweather is floyd cant find a good opponent.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

there is no bad blood between ortiz and mayweather. ortiz had way too much respect for flloyd after the headbutt, hed probably come into the rematch still apologising. have no interest in seeing a rematch. hope its alvarez who fights flloyd next as theres still question marks about how good he is and he might even go on to surprise us.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

True, there is no bad blood between the two and any attempt by the media to say otherwise in a build up would be pathetic.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down