The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't believe he didn't make it????

+13
Union Cane
shenglong1983
John Bloody Wayne
horizontalhero
The Galveston Giant
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Fists of Fury
tcribb
d260005p
superflyweight
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Couldn't believe he didn't make it???? - Page 2 Empty Couldn't believe he didn't make it????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

We've all seen Boxers who've looked incredibly talented and just didn't make it!!! Hard to believe with all their skills they never fulfilled or seemed to fulfil their potential.....

1. Tyrone Crawley - Quick, great footwork.....beautiful combinations....Lost to Bramble and became a cop!!

2. Herol Graham - Own worst enemy!!!

3. Tony Tubbs - Well suppose he held the WBA title for a little while..Fastest heavy hands ever, quality footwork.....lost to the fridge..

Three guys who I was stunned didn't do more...

Hilton at 154 as well.....and Kelcie Banks

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Couldn't believe he didn't make it???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Couldn't believe he didn't make it????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Roxbury Crossing.......

All i'm saying is not all great fighters or would be greats carried a dig...

But I'll accept your point on Whittaker ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Couldn't believe he didn't make it???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Couldn't believe he didn't make it????

Post by azania Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Roxbury Crossing.......

All i'm saying is not all great fighters or would be greats carried a dig...

But I'll accept your point on Whittaker ..

Granted. But what I'm saying is that Tyrone may have had it all (except a dig) but he was competing against some tough nuts who would walk him down.

Plus he lost to Melvin Paul who was also a very good boxer. Not as good as Jimmy Paul but very good. The 1980s LW scene was full of awesome fighters. Tyrone would have ruled the roost if he had a punch to deter those guys.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Saw him beat I think it was blake..who was well-hyped...and he looked a million dollars...

Hindsight showed i was wrong..Referee was a disgrace in the Bramble fight!!! nearly got killed!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I thought Blake was destined for good things. Had good write ups in KO and Boxing Illustrated. But Tyrone was class. Ring and other mags hyped him up. Also helped that he was intelligent and good looking. But Ras-I was just as animal. How he blew it against Rosario I dont know. Thought he was THE MAN.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Bramble just didn't like the taste of Rosario's bombs I guess... 4-1 favorite!!!

He reckoned he was thumbed..but he basically quit didn't he!!

I was looking forward to Camacho-Bram

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bramble just didn't like the taste of Rosario's bombs I guess... 4-1 favorite!!!

He reckoned he was thumbed..but he basically quit didn't he!!

I was looking forward to Camacho-Bram

Wasn't thunbed. He was thumped.

Bramble would have given Camacho his first loss. (whatever happened to Camacho Jnr?)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Think Camacho would be too elusive...........

If you look at the end of the fight his eye was half closed.......sure he had trouble with it...but rosario looked sharp that night..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Camacho would be too elusive...........

If you look at the end of the fight his eye was half closed.......sure he had trouble with it...but rosario looked sharp that night..

Rosario hit him there. The thumbing was just an axcuse imo. Rosario just beat him up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 pm

To thumb him there he would have to him.....

Thirty secnds before the knockdown he is fidgeting with his eye a bit...

Brightside!!! At least it left Chavez for rosario to deal with!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2