The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds Sack Grayson....

+15
Ami Osbel
dyrewolfe
nissan
Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo
Kay Fabe
Derbyblue
Alves
LuvSports!
hodge
Thomond
dancingweeman
Pr4wn
Kenny
daraghj82
Beer
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leeds Sack Grayson.... Empty Leeds Sack Grayson....

Post by Beer Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

Leeds United have sacked manager Simon Grayson after three years in charge at Elland Road.

Youth team boss Neil Redfearn has been placed in temporary charge of first-team affairs.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Leeds Sack Grayson.... Empty Re: Leeds Sack Grayson....

Post by daraghj82 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

bad timing with the transfer window closed. whoever comes in won't be able to bring in any new players. think we should have given the grayson the season, we still have a good chance of the playoffs despite last nights bad defeat Crying or Very sad

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Who would Leeds fans like to see take over ? Heard Steve Bruce already put his name forward
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:56 pm

Neil Warnock?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

Neil Warnock would be a good call to get Leeds promoted i think , doesn't he have a bit of previous bad blood with Leeds though ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

Warnock has bad blood with most people, but if anyone knows how to get promotion from that league, it's him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

King Beer wrote:Warnock has bad blood with most people, but if anyone knows how to get promotion from that league, it's him.

Yes id agree
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:56 pm

Agreed that Warnock would know how to get the job done.

But, won't it be like sleeping with the enemy? It'll be so odd having a guy that I've hated for pretty much my whole life in charge of my favourite team.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

warnock does have a good record with getting teams up, not the most popular but would be a good choice for us imo. if not then strachan or bruce would ok as well

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:10 pm

I really dislike Warnock, would rather see someone like Curbishley take the reins.

Agree that the timing was a bit strange. Only 3pts off the playoffs is hardly a disaster, i'd have taken that position at the start of the season.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 02 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

Apparently Big Al is interested in talking to Ken Bates.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 02 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

I would take Roberto Di Matteo if he was interested. Bates has a lot to answer for, he has made Grayson sell his best players, given him feck all money and expected promotion. Admittedly there are guys like Freedman at Palace who are doing a very good job on a limited budget but you usually need to spend a little. Grayson has made some average signings like Nunez though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

When you think we fell short of the playoffs last year, and this year we are now without: Johnson, Kilkenny, Schmeichel, Gradel, and now Howson (off the top of my head).

We can't say we've strengthened the squad since last season - at best we're in the same position we were in. Grayson has made a couple of dodgy signings, but i don't get the impression he's been backed enough by Bates.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 02 Feb 2012, 11:11 pm

First name that popped to mind was Neil Warnock

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

warnock wont get on with bates and bates has said he wants huddersfield's clark :/. He hasn't fixed the defence in a good 3 or so transfer windows, but bates is the one to blame more than grayson, but i do feel SG has taken us as far as he could and some of his tactics have been questionable.
To manage a great club like leeds will attract many managers but knowing that Bates is soo damnn tight with his money will put many off to. MOT!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:12 pm

LuvSports you sound like a Forest fan saying Leeds is a great club that is the past this is now, I really cant see you attracting this "big" name you are a poor club and your chairman is seen as very unworkable, cant see what Lee Clark would gain from moving to you personally

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

Alves wrote:LuvSports you sound like a Forest fan saying Leeds is a great club that is the past this is now, I really cant see you attracting this "big" name you are a poor club and your chairman is seen as very unworkable, cant see what Lee Clark would gain from moving to you personally

did you just accuse me of being a forest fan!??!?!?! Im leeds till i die!!!! We are still a big club because of the fanbase, the infrastructure and premier league facilities etc. Warnock, a prem manager pretty much, has said he is interested as well as Di matteo. Clark may not get Hudders promoted and Rhodes may go so he would gain as he would move to a bigger club in a higher league!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

Warnock isn't a premier league standard manager. He's good at getting teams promoted from the championship but can't transform them to premier league. Leeds are a fairly big club for a championship side, but that status is declining every year without sucess (or being near the play offs, and yes i realise they were promoted in the last few years).

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Fri 03 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

did you just accuse me of being a forest fan!??!?!?! Im leeds till i die!!!! We are still a big club because of the fanbase, the infrastructure and premier league facilities etc. Warnock, a prem manager pretty much, has said he is interested as well as Di matteo. Clark may not get Hudders promoted and Rhodes may go so he would gain as he would move to a bigger club in a higher league!

Yes you sound like a forest fan living in the past talking about how you use to be a big club. Well you are not a big club anymore you are an average championship side and that's the truth. Warnock is not a premiership manager that's the thing with that man he can take you up but he cant keep you there, also he has made some very negative comments about Leeds in the past. Di Matteo is also assistant manager of Chelsea so coming to Leeds would be a massive step down for him.

Lee Clark turned down the Sunderland job so why turn down that and then go to a average club like Leeds

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:54 am

Alves wrote:

Yes you sound like a forest fan living in the past talking about how you use to be a big club. Well you are not a big club anymore you are an average championship side and that's the truth.
clap This is the same team who were "too big for league one" but required three years to get out of the league.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

wow a lot of haters here. Yes we required three years as we had hit rock bottom, the lowest in the club's history and were undertaking a rebuilding process.
When watching sky sports news on matchday all the pundits have still said leeds are a big club and touched upon some of the points I made above.
MOT!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

Its not hate is just the truth, Leeds think they are a bigger club than they are just the truth. No hate just letting you in to the truth that Leeds are not a big club

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

What defines a 'big club'?
Fan base?
Rivalries with other 'big clubs'?
Tradition and history?

Leeds have all of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

I would say you would need to have a world wide following

Playing in the top flight of football or been in the top flight recently?

History is a small part but something clubs like Leeds and Forest cling on too

The only reason they have rivalries is due to the past, most young United fans dont class a small club like Leeds Rivals

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

King Beer wrote:Warnock has bad blood with most people, but if anyone knows how to get promotion from that league, it's him.

I disagree with this to be honest, Warnock has had about 10/11 seasons in the Championship, most of those with teams expected to be promoted and he's only managed it twice, I think he's probably the best Leeds could do just now but Warnock isn't the success he likes to think he is

The guy who sprung to mind for me was Gordon Strachan, big Leeds favourite and out a job

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 4:15 pm

Alves wrote:I would say you would need to have a world wide following

The only reason they have rivalries is due to the past, most young United fans dont class a small club like Leeds Rivals

There must have been no young United fans at Elland Road for the cup game earlier in the season then because United took big numbers, created a great atmosphere and loved it during that first half when they blew Leeds away, the same killer mind-set they had during the first half against City

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:40 pm

Alves wrote:I would say you would need to have a world wide following

that is a load of bull! Do all the teams in the prem have a 'worldwide following' they wont get anywhere near the fanbases many championship teams do e.g. Wigan, Bolton, QPR to name but a few. I know leeds have fans around the world! lots in aus because of the former players of Kewell and Viduka!
Yes we are a big club. Any pundit will say so, i.e. shearer, mcallister and lawro on footy focus today! 'They are a premier league outfit'. Some fans may have inflated views but to deny that we are a big club is ludicrous!
Im guessing you don't like leeds or our fans because you are ignoring the facts of fanbase, facilities, infrastructure etc. Out of curiosity who do you support???

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:46 pm

LuvSports! wrote:Yes we are a big club. Any pundit will say so, i.e. shearer, mcallister and lawro on footy focus today! 'They are a premier league outfit'. Some fans may have inflated views but to deny that we are a big club is ludicrous!
But you aren't you're a Championship "outfit".

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:49 pm

bravo well noticed

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

LuvSports! wrote:bravo well noticed
I was just checking you were aware of the fact, a lot of the Leeds fans on 606 that I had the displeasure of speaking to had issues remembering they were a League One "outfit", so wasn't sure if the promotion to the Championship had sunk in yet. It's a shame these pundits don't understand the way the football league system works.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

ok for the mentions above YI man talked about teams outside the prem who might get labelled as 'prem team outfits' are leeds, forest, derby, soton, west ham, sheff, leicester to name a few. happy? whatevs i dont care, everyone tries to bring us leeds fans down but ya cant! MOT!!!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm

ridiclous decision to sack grayson, warnock will prob get the job, get them promoted and then get sacked :P

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:ridiclous decision to sack grayson, warnock will prob get the job, get them promoted and then get sacked :P

to many leeds fans it wasnt ridiculous at all and many have called for his head for months. I think it was the manner of some of the defeats and in 3 transfer windows the defence hasnt been fixed. I was disappointed to see SG as he clearly loved the job and will always be grateful for him in getting us promoted and establishing us in the champ but perhaps he has taken us as far as he can go but with bates giving him noooo money to spend he was handcuffed to an extent. But if you watch some of the games his tactics have been drawn into question and if we get promoted he wont get sacked you dunno what your on about. Bates cannot operate in the premiership financially he is making a tidy profit season after season in the champ, if we get promoted, big if not this season anyway, he will sell too the highest bidder and sail off in his luxury yacht and forever claim he saved leeds and got us to the prem and leave out most other details.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:11 am

You name them but clubs such as Hull City, Ipswich, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Reading have all been in the Premiership more recently than than the "mighty" Leeds.

Also clubs such as Birmingham have a big following in the far east, they also won a domestic cup and played in Europe more recently than you, so clearly a bigger club.

You use to be big now no one at all cares.

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:40 am

Alves wrote:
You name them but clubs such as Hull City, Ipswich, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Reading have all been in the Premiership more recently than than the "mighty" Leeds.

Also clubs such as Birmingham have a big following in the far east, they also won a domestic cup and played in Europe more recently than you, so clearly a bigger club.

Leeds Scum

yawwnnn bored with you.
MOT
who do you support?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:45 am

Alves wrote:

Ipswich dropped out of the Premier League way before Leeds did so you are wrong there kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:19 am

rabble, rabble, rabble, something leeds related, rabble, rabble, rabble, not big club....

Whistle

LuvSports! who is actually favourite for the job/most wanted by fans?

I know of a young 'up and coming' manager named Keith Millen who could work wonders at Elland Road Laugh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:34 am

well supposedly hodge Bates wanted lee clark, which I am not too happy about to be honest especially as Bates has highlighted him as his favorite and we hate bates!
lots want Warnock (fans) as it shows more ambition but the two will deffo clash as bates wont deliver. I think the players want redfearn but if he gets it i want to wait a good 5 or 6 games as so often is the case that a new manager starts welll and then reverts back to bad old ways which can happen with caretaker managers who become full time ones.
Sven is linked to every job but if he gets it i will cry.
The bookies fav is clark but im not sure he will take it, then warnock and then billy davies and strachan but im not 2 happy with any 2bh.
Mourinho is looking for a way back to english footy Whistle

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo Fri 10 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Leeds United took 3 years to get out of league one, that old chestnut!!!

We would have got straight out of the league if the FA hadn't have given us the 2 points deduction in the matter of a few months, we won enough points to get us automatic promotion!

Leeds United are a worldwide club and have one of the biggest fanbases in the world nobody on this thread has proven otherwise.

Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by nissan Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

I think bates did well in sacking Grayson.. Who to take over?? Warnock,
yes he can do a job in promoting teams. I think it will be Mick Macarthy when he gets the bullit from Wolves..

nissan

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 13 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Well, he's available now. Rolling Eyes

Wonder if Wolves will give Grayson an interview? Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

Lee Clark is now available without needing to pay compo - surely something that will appeal to Bates.

Bookies favourite according to the paper this morning.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Osbel Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

Stupid decision to get rid of Grayson, Leeds have been punching above their weight for the last two seasons.

Only 6 months Ken Bates states Leeds are building for the long term
“I saved your club in 2005 and 2007 when nobody else would. The rebuilding of Leeds United is a bit like sex.

“In an age of instant gratification, Leeds United is having a long, drawn-out affair with plenty of foreplay and slow arousal.

“We’re in this for the long term. We may have had two disappointing results, but we will get there – we are building for the future.”

Then Shaun Harvey contradicts Ken Bates
'We have 18 games to go this season and are still within touching distance of the play-offs, but felt with the transfer window now closed we needed to make the change at this time in the belief that a new managerial team will be able to get more out of the existing squad of players and make the difference.'

Ami Osbel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

Ami Osbel wrote:

“I saved your club in 2005 and 2007 when nobody else would. The rebuilding of Leeds United is a bit like sex.

“In an age of instant gratification, Leeds United is having a long, drawn-out affair with plenty of foreplay and slow arousal.

I think he should save that kind of talk for home instead of football

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:17 pm

fernando wrote:
Ami Osbel wrote:

Fernando is modding Ken Bates Wink

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

Crimey wrote:
fernando wrote:
Ami Osbel wrote:

Fernando is modding Ken Bates Wink

More then i usually do :P

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:33 am

The only way Leeds will ever be back among the big boys is if Bates can get us into the Prem and then sell to a significant investor.
Righjt now we are a Club clinging to past glories, and having to sell our best young players consistently means we cannot be considered as a "big" team at the minute.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan11 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

Warnock gets the gig.

Aidan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:51 am

Im quite happy with Neil. Certainly the pick of the bunch from those that would be realistically available.

Mon the Leeds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan11 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

Seems it's only till the end of the season.

Not sure what the thinking is behind that.

Aidan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next