The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sack the Psychiatrist

4 posters

Go down

Sack the Psychiatrist Empty Sack the Psychiatrist

Post by dragonbreath Sat 23 Jun 2012, 8:44 am

Mentality is not the problem with Wales it is basic skills. I tire of all the rubbish about preparing mentally blah blah. Halfpenny has become an excellent kicker because he practices relentlessly and then practices some more. If you can't catch a ball from a restart stand in a field and practice until you can. If you can't thorw a ball straight into a lineout then practice until you can.

So much terrritory and posession squandered it was painful to watch. Unfortunately some of our boys are just a bit thick so talking to them about discipline and situational awareness / intelligence is like asking your dog to fly a plane, but come on at least make sure basic skills are at the very least excellent.

Australia had to do vitually nothing to win today and look a very average sides by Australian standards. This series was there to be won and we blew it and blew it quite bably. We should have won again today and yet played terribly for most of the match which makes it even worse.

I suppose that the advantage of being a bit dim is that these blown chances may not affect confidence as long as Daddy Gats tells them they are still clever boys.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Sack the Psychiatrist Empty Re: Sack the Psychiatrist

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

You know so little about the game it's scary!

If you can name me 3 basic skills that went wrong from wales I'll listen to your opinion!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

Aus deservedly won the series because they are a class act. I'm more concerned about Joubert's life after today, it is surely in danger. We set out to get a consolation prize today and I would have taken that, but it was prevented from the opening minutes by CJ and continued throughout.

As for you Dragon Breath, all you do is post nonsensical articles criticising everything about Welsh rugby. Are you even a rugby fan? Are you even Welsh?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:You know so little about the game it's scary!

If you can name me 3 basic skills that went wrong from wales I'll listen to your opinion!

Running at space would be one

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

Running at space is not a basic skill. It is a current view on how to win, it can argued that avoiding contact constantly fails to show an aggressiveness toward the opposition, and that first 15 minutes of games a direct contact gameplan could do more for a team than trying to hit holes etc..

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:09 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:You know so little about the game it's scary!

What you mean apart from restarts, lineouts and kicking.

If you can't see that repeated failure to execute these skills is something that needs to be addressed then you pal are the one who knows nothing.

As for being Welsh, well just because I don't walk around with my head up my a furious does not mean I am not Welsh though I accept it is not an atribute shared by many of my countrymen

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

How is a restart, Lineout or kicking a basic skill????!

What are you talking about?!

RP miss kicked one restart but that was it. The AWJ drops were him being lifted high into the air by two supporting players while pressured by the opposition... What part of that is a basic skill? The lifters lifting was a basic skill, AWJ getting under the ball is a basic skill, not being able to take the ball under pressure was disapointing but not a basic skill.

The lineout, have you ever been involved? It is immensly technical, the hooker throwing to his spot is a basic skill, the lifters again, and the timing of the jump. But a missfiring lineout could be one of a thousand things.

Kicking is only a basic skill for a certain few players, RP's misskick at the restart is a basic error.

If we are talking making basic errors Aus made far more than we did, 3 knock ons when beaten the defencive line, Beale making a few unforced errors.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down