The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At what point does Lennon get the sack?

+3
6oldenbhoy
Doon the Water
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
7 posters

Go down

At what point does Lennon get the sack? Empty At what point does Lennon get the sack?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm not in favour of sacking Lennon but I've been going to Celtic Park for 20 years now and the fans are not a patient bunch. There will be calls for him to go and it's down to the board to stand firm. But if attendances drop how long will they let it go?

If the gap gets any wider I can see Lennon receiving his P45 for Christmas.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

At what point does Lennon get the sack? Empty Re: At what point does Lennon get the sack?

Post by Doon the Water Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice to see my Jambos doing an early season double against the Ugly Sisters.

Strange team Celtic at the moment as Lennon seems to have a strong squad.
He can't afford another loss or that would be the title away.

Rangers on the other hand seem to have a poor squad. Any team that plays Lafferty must be pushed for players. But they seem to have the team spirit that is so desperately missing at Celtic Park.

Roy Kean and shortly Owen Coyle will be looking on with interest.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

At what point does Lennon get the sack? Empty Re: At what point does Lennon get the sack?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Coyle has already knocked it back I can't see him being interested tbh. I don't blame him either. As for Keane the morons at Parkhead who want somebody Celtic minded (whatever that means) would love Keane. Personally I don't see the point in bringing in Keane to replace Lennon.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:17 pm

I have defended Lennon for a long time. I know that me saying this will sound like your stereotypical football fan, but I think he has to go.

As said above, I think we comfortably have the strongest squad, but for some reason we aren't performing. The buck has to stop with the manager at some point. I haven't seen an interview with Lennon today, as that result made me sick, but I'm fed up hearing him blame the officials or the players but never taking the responsibility himself.

His constant squad rotation and fitting in players even though they are less effective are major factors in this. Heard an interesting stat this afternoon (don't know if its true), Hooper and Stokes have started 7 games together this season and won have won all seven. We haven't won any when they both haven't started.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 pm

I know the three games in the league we have lost they never started. The other 6 we have won.

I don't blame him for not playing them against Athletico he should have went with one up top but he wanted the target man away from home and felt he couldn't leave out Hooper. He should have been a bit stronger in his beliefs.

I'm losing patience with Lennon he's in his second season now and the defence is still awful. Loovens and Majstorovic should have been shown the door. I would rather he kept O'Dea than those two. How can Rangers always buy decent defenders yet we haven't had a good defence since O'Neill was in charge.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm

The way O'Dea has been treated bugs me. There is no way in this wide world that he is any worse than Maj. I'm an Ireland fan, and he is a capable deputy for St Ledger and Dunne when called upon. It wasn't just Lennon who has loaned him out but after watching that bombscare for over a season now its a disgrace he can't get a game for us.

One other thing that grinds my gears is putting McCourt on for the last 15-20mins of a game and hoping he changes it. He is getting serious stick from Celtic fans now, but how is a guy meant to get any form together if he plays 20mins every 2-3 weeks?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 pm

McCourt should be sold. He can do it once in every 4 games. He's never been consistent. On his day he is a special talent though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 pm

I asked Chris on the boxing section what the Forest fans though about Wilson (he's a Forest fan btw) and he said they weren't disappointed to see him leave. Apparently he's very lazy and guilty of howlers so there is something to look forward to. Doh
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:25 pm

I was a fan of Wilson until the Old Firm game. Looked like a lost little boy under the high ball. I'll give a chance though. He hasn't played much football in the past year. I think him and Mulgrew would make a good CB partnership.

Again, give McCourt a chance. He's not going to anything with 10 minute cameos. Give him a run of games, if doesn't produce then get rid. He isn't on big wages either so not a drain on the club.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 pm

I think Doon The Water hit the nail on the head with that there seems to be no team spirit at Celtic. Their rivals on the other hand at Ibrox just seem to be fighting every week for another and it shows as Rangers have been capable of winning games when playing poorly but Celtic haven't.

The problem with Lennon is that he strengthened the wrong areas in the summer and the guys he did bring in have added nothing. Wanyama and Bangura are a central midfielder and a striker respectively, why did Lennon feel the need to bolster these areas even though it is apparent these are two strongest?

Another couple of loses where it allows Rangers to widen the gap at the top and he'll be gone.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 am

I'm not a massive football fan but I have always followed Celtic. In my opinion Lennon is helping to make Celtic a really easy team to dislike at the moment.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:24 am

I am a celtic fan, not a massive follower now I live in the Nort East of England, but I think Lennon just puts people off, his attitude is uneccesarily confrontational, and to a point where I totally dislike him.

he shouldnt have got teh job in teh first place, and after the bulletts in post etc of last season, he has made himself almost unsackable - kinda wished he had walked away last season.

On the plus side, the blue half have an equally unlikeable (and hopless) manager in charge.

For me he should be sacked for his attitude alone, but he wont be!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 am

totally agree on Lennon. I do find Ally with a tach quite funny to look at though...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:44 am

As a Rangers fan I gotta say he really pulled Celtic back from that gaping points difference in the last month. Can't ignore that despite what other factors might of helped him along the way he did pull the finger out and close back in on the table race

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:39 am

Tipi toes

Looks like Lennon is giving you sleepless nights!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Nah not at all mate I'd just hate to see you guys go down without a fight Wink But props where their due he closed that gap a lot quicker than I thought. I figured that he'd be gettting his marching orders around about now but so long as you don't finish the season like last year I reckon he'll get kept on

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Tippi
How dare you imply that I am from the dark side?
I was pointing out the time of your 4.44 AM post!

Celtic under performing
Rangers overperforming is my take of it as a Jambo.

Should be an exciting second part of the season.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:20 am

Ah I can only apologise mate I just assumed that you were a Bhoy

and no a 10 month old little girl was keeping me awake by pissing on me then demanding food lol

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:40 am

Again!!

Never mind just wait until she becomes two and then thirteen and you find out the true joys of parenthood!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down