The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam

+5
offload
RubyGuby
Biltong
andy powells minder
BridgendBoyo
9 posters

Go down

Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam Empty Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

It's nearly here, not long to go now, the best (proper festive) time of the year is nearly upon us! Yahoo

The six nations has, for a long time, replaced christams as my favourite team of year. I cant actually describe in words how much i love this tournament, most of my earliest rugby memories revolve around it. From Wales fielding 3 outside halves and beating England at Twickenham. Watching Scotland beating England in 1990 to win the grandslam. Going to Lansdown road at the age of 12 and watching Wales beat Ireland after Elwood missed a kick to win the game. Ieuan Evans skinning Underwood and Webb, and Scott Gibbs scoring my favourite Welsh try of all time. (you might have noticed i've blanked out all the other games were Wales were rubbish, of which there has been many)

So for all the heartache and comiserations, joy and celebrations....Let the rugby commence...and the drinking of copious amounts of Ale

Yahoo Hug Very Happy thumbsup Ale steam RedWine thumbsdown vomit Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam 1347041234 Whisky warning Wales broken guinness

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam Empty Re: Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam

Post by andy powells minder Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

guinness let the games commence thumbsup

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam Empty Re: Merry Six Nations and a Happy Grand Slam

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

I am trying to get excited about the six Nations, I have always watched it with only some interest.

BUT this year I am going BIG.

What I am trying to say is I will watch every game this year. Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

The 2012 Games are upon us 2 more days Wales guinness

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

Good work Biltong...even if the games are on a Sunday! There should be a law against that, not because of religious reasons, purely drinking ones

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

BridgendBoyo wrote:Good work Biltong...even if the games are on a Sunday! There should be a law against that, not because of religious reasons, purely drinking ones

to be honest, I look forward to the sunday matches. I leave my house at 7h30 on a sunday morning and go cruising with my mates on our V2 monsters, then when I get home at about 15h00 and want to relax there isn't anything good on tele.

Now for the next few weeks I can sit back and watch the Six Nations Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

biltongbek wrote:
BridgendBoyo wrote:Good work Biltong...even if the games are on a Sunday! There should be a law against that, not because of religious reasons, purely drinking ones

to be honest, I look forward to the sunday matches. I leave my house at 7h30 on a sunday morning and go cruising with my mates on our V2 monsters, then when I get home at about 15h00 and want to relax there isn't anything good on tele.

Now for the next few weeks I can sit back and watch the Six Nations Very Happy

What are V2 monsters, may i ask?

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1306&bih=646&q=yamaha+midnight+star+1700&gbv=2&oq=yamaha+midnight+star&aq=5&aqi=g6g-m2g-S2&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=5233l9347l0l13702l20l20l0l3l3l1l413l3123l5.7.2.1.2l17l0 Cool
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

Nice...you've definatley got the weather for that, doesnt seem to be as much traffic on the roads in SA as in UK if i remember correctly

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

Well it depends where you go, from JHb to Hartebeestpoortdam is a popular venue, but riddled with ppor road conditions and traffic.

So we mix it up going south to Parys (Freestate Province), east to Greylingstad, West to Magalies, etc.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

Much further North than where i went. I visited the Cape, Paarl Valley, Swatland (I think thats what is was called) then flew over to Durban. Nice though all the same

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm

Well now you are talking of bikers paradise. Unfortunately its too far (1200kms) for a sunday trip.

For weekends away we go to CLarens East freestate and Mpumulanga which are both beautiful areas.

In april we are going down to South Coast of Natal, Marget for the annual Bike week there. It has a magnificent route of 165kms from Port shepstone to Kokstad, sweeping bends all the way there and back.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

biltongbek wrote:I am trying to get excited about the six Nations, I have always watched it with only some interest.

BUT this year I am going BIG.

What I am trying to say is I will watch every game this year. Ok!

Good for you Biltong. When it comes to rugby, too much is not enough! The 6Ns is one of the great sporting competitions and can produce some great rugby (plenty of dross as well of course). I look forward to some quality non biased post match analysis from you too - as we'll get plenty of the other variety!

offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 02 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

I will endeavour to provide unbiased, uncompromising, hard hitting, independant analysis. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Thu 02 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

biltongbek wrote:I will endeavour to provide unbiased, uncompromising, hard hitting, independant analysis. Whistle

As long as its slightly rose tinted thumbsup

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 02 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm

biltongbek wrote:I will endeavour to provide unbiased, uncompromising, hard hitting, independant analysis. Whistle

Thanks i had to double check that you wrote this Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 02 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

Leprechaun

Braveheart

Wales

RedWine

rose

coffee

(not sure what one to use for italy. coffee will have to do)
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Thu 02 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

This is when the song 'it's the most wonderful time of the year' really comes into play! Forget Christmas this is it!
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 02 Feb 2012, 2:46 pm

Nerves kicking in now and another reason why I hate Sunday games got am extra day of them...

C'MON CYMRU
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down