The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..!

+77
flyhalffactory
The Great Aukster
RuckingFlanker86
Glas a du
Calder106
allyt2k
niwatts
gmclachl
asoreleftshoulder
gelodge
lostinwales
GG
dublin_dave
trebellbobaggins
Gibson
stlowe
hawalsh
ultra
mystiroakey
whocares
Pot Hale
nobbled
EnglishReign
miteyironpaw
Armchairexpert
jay_welsh
TJ1
pedrojones
overlordofthewest
Duty281
Cymroglan
sensisball
senghenydd1913
Rory_Gallagher
Shifty
andy powells minder
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
glamorganalun
mpc28
Chunky Norwich
BridgendBoyo
Knowsit17
BlueNote
munkian
Biltong
KickAndChase
BigTrevsbigmac
justified sinner
majesticimperialman
Taffineastbourne
TycroesOsprey
thebluesmancometh
NeilyBroon
slartibartfast
wales606
Imperialbigdave
Morgannwg
Tattie Scones RRN
funnyExiledScot
dogtooth
RubyGuby
bedfordwelsh
R!skysports
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
ChequeredJersey
RDW
Smirnoffpriest
gnollbeast
HERSH
Impossible Standards
gowales
Luckless Pedestrian
Messymesina
George Carlin
doctornickolas
eirebilly
maestegmafia
81 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who will win...?

Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_lcap71%Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 22 ]
Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_lcap26%Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 8 ]
Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_lcap3%Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Empty Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..!

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Wales Vs Scotland

Date: Sunday, February 12
Kick-off: 15:00
Venue: Millennium Stadium

Coverage: Live on BBC One Wales, BBC Radio Wales & online, S4C and Radio Cymru, plus live text and score updates on the BBC Sport website

Date: Sunday, February 12
Venue: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Kick-off: 15:00 (15:00 GMT)
Expected weather: Cloudy with a few showers likely. High of 5°C, low of 3°C
Referee: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant referees: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ireland), Simon McDowell (Ireland)
TMO: Giulio De Santis (Italy)

Scotland will encounter a Wales side oozing confidence when round two of the Six Nations concludes at the Millennium Stadium on Sunday.

The opening round of the Championship was a weekend of contrasting fortunes for the two sides.
Wales underlined their status as potential Six Nations champions with a rousing 23-21 victory over Ireland in Dublin. It was a wonderful advert for Six Nations rugby with two teams going at it hammer and tongs for a game won in the last 20 seconds.
That win came less than 24 hours after Scotland had started their challenge with a 13-6 loss to England at Murrayfield. The Scots created enough chances to have beaten their visitors last week, however simple errors coupled with a lack of tries led to another disappointing defeat for Andy Robinson's men, who have now lost three on the trot.
Just once in 13 attempts have Scotland won on the opening weekend of the tournament since Italy joined the Five Nations in 2000.
Scotland must now attempt to bounce back and beat the Welsh in their own back yard - something they have failed to achieve in a decade.
They came mighty close though in their last Cardiff contest after leading by ten points with seven minutes remaining, only for the now retired Shane Williams to score a last-gasp try to secure a dramatic 31-24 come-from-behind victory.
Winning away from home has been a wee bit of a problem for the Scots in the Six Nations, where they have won just once on the road since 2006 (23-20 against Ireland at Croke Park in 2010).
But despite Scotland's poor showing last weekend and dismal away record, Wales will do well not to underestimate Sunday's visitors who are expected to come out all guns blazing after asking for the Millennium Stadium roof to be closed.
With wet weather being forecast, Scotland - notwithstanding the apparent lack of abilities to score tries (at least in the past four games) - have backed themselves to take on Wales at their own expansive game.
"We cannot afford to underestimate Scotland, the amount of possession and territory they had against England last weekend meant that they should have won the game and they will come to the Millennium Stadium buoyed by that knowledge," said Wales coach Warren Gatland.
Wales have won the opening two games of a Six Nations campaign on just two previous occasions - in 2005 and 2008 - and each time they went on to win the title and Grand Slam. Three of the World Cup semi-finalists' remaining four games are in Cardiff, starting on Sunday when try-shy Scotland arrive at the Millennium Stadium.
But following Wales' heroics in Dublin, the build-up to Sunday's Test has been blighted by the suspension of Bradley Davies, who will miss the rest of this season's tournament after collecting a seven-week ban for a reckless tip-tackle on Ireland replacement Donnacha Ryan last weekend.
Davies is the second Wales player suspended for that offence this season following Sam Warburton's dismissal and three-week punishment for an incident in the World Cup semi-final against France last October.
Davies now joins his fellow World Cup locks Luke Charteris and Alun-Wyn Jones on the international sidelines. But in a triple boost for Gatland, flanker Dan Lydiate has recovered from an ankle injury to reclaim the number six shirt, prop Gethin Jenkins has recovered from knee trouble to start and skipper Warburton also features after being in doubt with a leg injury.
However, Warburton has been wrapped in cotton wool this whole week and took a very limited part in training while staying clear of any contact work. Whether he actually leads the team out hangs in the balance and probably won't be known until the morning of the match.
In a game where the back-row battle will be absolutely crucial, everyone in the Welsh camp - and in Wales as a whole - will be keeping their fingers crossed that the inspirational skipper can defy the injury odds and help guide his team to back-to-back wins.
Wales are favourites, but nobody should have any illusions how tough this match will be...
Ones to watch:

For Wales: Former Wales captain Ryan Jones will, as expected, fill the second-row void against Scotland caused by Bradley Davies' seven-week suspension. Jones was exceptional at blindside flanker against Ireland in Dublin and his versatility is proving of immeasurable value to Gatland.
For Scotland: With Dan Parks calling it quits from Test rugby this week, Greig Laidlaw inherits the number 10 jersey for Scotland. The Edinburgh skipper won the first two of his three caps as a replacement scrum-half, before coming on at fly-half for Parks in the Calcutta Cup defeat to England. Yet an impressive display during the small amount of time he was on the pitch has been rewarded with his first Test start.
Head to head: Toby Faletau v David Denton. Scotland's Zimbabwean-born number eight Denton was deservedly named man-of-the-match following his Herculean ball-carrying against England last Saturday, and much of the same will be required against the tough as nails Faletau, who will always be found where the battle is at its most ferocious.

Recent results:
2011: Wales won 24-6, Edinburgh
2010: Wales won 31-24, Cardiff
2009: Wales won 26-13, Edinburgh
2008: Wales won 30-15, Cardiff
2007: Scotland won 21-9, Edinburgh
2006: Wales won 28-18, Cardiff
2005: Wales won 46-22, Edinburgh
2004: Wales won 23-10, Cardiff
2003: Wales won 23-9, Cardiff
2003: Scotland won 30-22, Edinburgh
Prediction: Neither history or form is with Scotland heading into this match, and while we're sure they'll give it a good crack - we just can't see Wales letting this one slip. Wales to win by nine points!
Rugby Union betting odds

The teams:

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Toby Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Ian Evans, 4 Ryan Jones, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Huw Bennett, 1 Gethin Jenkins.

Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Lou Reed, 19 Andy Powell, 20 Lloyd Williams, 21 James Hook, 22 Scott Williams.

Scotland: 15 Rory Lamont, 14 Lee Jones, 13 Nick De Luca, 12 Sean Lamont, 11 Max Evans, 10 Greig Laidlaw, 9 Chris Cusiter, 8 David Denton, 7 Ross Rennie, 6 Alasdair Strokosch, 5 Jim Hamilton, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Geoff Cross, 2 Ross Ford (c), 1 Allan Jacobsen.

Replacements: 16 Scott Lawson, 17 Ed Kalman, 18 Alastair Kellock, 19 John Barclay, 20 Mike Blair, 21 Duncan Weir, 22 Stuart Hogg.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Empty Re: Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..!

Post by eirebilly Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 pm

You just know that Scotland are going to click and give you a good fight Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..! Empty Re: Wales Vs Scotland - SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY - KO 15:00 Gonna be a classic..!

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I thought Scotland looked like they could cause plenty of problems. If Laidlaw moves to flyhalf and maybe a better centre pairing?

Their front five get through a lot of work, their back row is very talented too. Plenty of pace in the back three. We shouldn't be complacent about this fixture at all.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 pm

I doubt that Wales will be complaicent to be honest. They will rub their hands if they see Parks starting but they will not take Scotland for granted.

Wales looked very impressive yesterday in Ireland so i expect them to win but for some reason, Scotland always up their game for Wales.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

We will not be complacent but If we conceded a try to Scotland I would be ashamed. Scotland have an impotent backline. That's not to say it couldn't be improved with better selections but whoever they put out will not be up to the mark.

Scotland need to keep this game very tight and play 10 man rugby.

If they give Wales the ball then I can only see the Welsh backs running riot.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm

doctornickolas wrote:We will not be complacent but If we conceded a try to Scotland I would be ashamed. Scotland have an impotent backline. That's not to say it couldn't be improved with better selections but whoever they put out will not be up to the mark.

Scotland need to keep this game very tight and play 10 man rugby.

If they give Wales the ball then I can only see the Welsh backs running riot.

They may have an impotent backline but they have some decent attacking threats in Rennie, Denton and Grey from the fringes and breakdowns. It would be no shame to have Scotland score a try against you... Scotland will look at Irelands first try against Wales and probably target the same areas.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

I don't think that Wales will be complacent in all honesty - for all his sledging and his personal manner reminiscent of a particularly angry Hamilton farmer with Tourettes, Gatland is much too professional for that.

Whether Wales will get a game out of Scotland depends entirely on whether desperation (or, as every other Scotland fan on the face of the planet calls it, "common sense") forces Robinson to choose at least three of the following players:

1. Laidlaw at 10
2. Blair at 9
3. Jones at 11
4. Scott at 12
5. Hogg at 15

The best that Scotland can realistically hope for is 1, 2 and maybe 3.

I don't think that the Welsh can afford to take the Scots forward likely. Denton showing he is a wrecking ball is not some strange purple patch - it's absolutely consistent with his club form and Scots fans will calmly expect more of the same. Rennie did not play well by his standards and will be looking to make amends. Strokosch or Harley (who mashed the Saxons with his brutal defence) will each make a fine job of the blind side and given the lack of Welsh options in the second row Wales should be worried about Gray and Hamilton as they were the second and third best on the pitch against England.

Scots front row was surprisingly poor against England and as our favourite muscular Christian is ineligible for the Wales match, we will get to explore other options (like Cross), many of whom are bringing better form into the tournament than Murray was.

Wales have a lot of firepower in the backline now, though (Roberts and JD2 staying fit are key) and unless Robinson selects some gas and some guile (as per 3-5 above), then we'll see more stuffing than at a taxidermy conference.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Laidlaw looked the business if he is selected he'll make the scots tick.

The props were a bit lazy in the loose but back row outplayed England. If Wales lose Warburton this weekend we could struggle with the scots.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Does anyone know why Cuthbert was substituted
?

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 pm

This will be a tough game, no doubt about it. The key thing for me is whether Andy Robinson has the sense to play an outside half who reacts to the game as it's unfolding (Laidlaw, or possibly Duncan Weir) or whether he sticks with Dan Parks, who will do exactly as he's told whether it's the right option or not.

Scotland's scrum is solid; their lineout is superior to ours; and their backrow could well come out on top. We'll find out on Sunday whether they can capitalise on these strengths.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Im not sure about their backrow having the edge. Isn't that what everyone said about Ireland? I think in the breakdown we should have the edge. Rennie seems more like a linking player to me than a scavenger. Strokotsch is a tackler, doesn't really offer much else. Denton is a classy player and i worry about him but we should be able to nullify him.
I agree the scrums should be even and their lineout is superior to ours.
But our backline is a lot better than theirs

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Messymesina wrote:Does anyone know why Cuthbert was substituted
?

No I was meaning to try and find out...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Looking forward to this game. The Scotland matches always tend to be a bit more free flowing so hopefully we will see some exciting rugby. I am not getting at all carried away with this and the Welsh media really annoy me talking about grand slams. furious

Lets not forget 2010 when we were very lucky to beat a Scotland side that really only had to kick the ball dead from the restart to win!
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
?

No I was meaning to try and find out...?

Because he was out of his depth, not to say he won't get there, but he did remind me of Banahan.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 pm

?

I don't really think it was him doing anything wrong, I think it was because Ireland were putting the ball in the air to our shortest guy Halfpenny at fullback and he was getting beat there by Kearney which was dangerous for us. I think it was a tactical move that also meant we could bring on an extra kicker with Priestland not doing so well in that department.

I hope he sticks with Cuthbert though as if he can provide a similar option to North on the other wing then Wales would be an extremely dangerous side to defend against.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Wales strength in depth? Dare I say it?

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 pm

IS mate I agree...!

Wales play a good game but there are good teams still to play. Scotland are a good side. Their defence nullified England, made their midfield completely impotent.

And we know if their last man could catch or second to last had thrown a better pass they would have put four tries on England, a week of handling drills will sort them out.

They have a great line out, a clever back row. They are no mugs in the scrum and if they pick a flyhalf instead of that pathetic Ozzie nancy boy then try will be a tougher team.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 pm

gnollbeast wrote:Wales strength in depth? Dare I say it?
It's been improving year on year since the regions and academies started up.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 am

I can see the Scotland game being mamouth - I just hope that they don't finally find their way through that forcefield around the try line until after they've played us.

Scotland have a really good team, and they're finally having options at 10 and in the centre that can do some damage (if they play them), but I've always thought that it must be so frustrating to be a Scotland fan as they've got a good team, some great individuals but they always fall just short

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 am

I'm really not worried about how we'll do in the forwards - with Wales's current injuries I'd happily take most of the Scottish pack any day (Adam Jones and maybe Warbuton aside). Plus your lineout was awful yesterday and with 6ft 10 Hamilton and 6ft 9 Gray bossing England at the weekend I hope we target that.

It's the backs I am worried about where I can see you running us ragged. We don't have a big backline and I can see Roberts and North making some real hard yard against us.

Here's hoping our pack can deprive you of any ball!

I can actually see Robinson bringing in Blair and Laidlaw but also bringing Morrison (noooooooooo!!!!) in and moving Shlong to the wing. Morrison to stop Jamie Roberts and Shlong to give more phyiscality on the wings against North, as Lee Jones will get steam rollered by him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:54 am

gowales wrote:Im not sure about their backrow having the edge. Isn't that what everyone said about Ireland? I think in the breakdown we should have the edge. Rennie seems more like a linking player to me than a scavenger. Strokotsch is a tackler, doesn't really offer much else. Denton is a classy player and i worry about him but we should be able to nullify him.
I agree the scrums should be even and their lineout is superior to ours.
But our backline is a lot better than theirs

All true but Barclay is available and he is a fetcher
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:59 am

I just thought - with our lineout being a weakness (and it was horrendous yesterday) and it being a great opportunity for you to target it, then that will probably give Robinson a perfect excuse to pick Parks at 10 so he can kick to touch at every opportunity...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:00 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I just thought - with our lineout being a weakness (and it was horrendous yesterday) and it being a great opportunity for you to target it, then that will probably give Robinson a perfect excuse to pick Parks at 10 so he can kick to touch at every opportunity...

mad furious

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I just thought - with our lineout being a weakness (and it was horrendous yesterday) and it being a great opportunity for you to target it, then that will probably give Robinson a perfect excuse to pick Parks at 10 so he can kick to touch at every opportunity...
priest, you're a very naughty boy warning

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 am

That is not funny - I think i just died a little inside Erm

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 am

Sorry to bring you down even further on a Monday - I know you need a bleached Ozzie like you need an orifice on your elbow, but you can't deny Robinsons logic

Very Happy (I'm suddenly a bit more optimistic!)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:09 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Sorry to bring you down even further on a Monday - I know you need a bleached Ozzie like you need an orifice on your elbow, but you can't deny Robinsons logic

Very Happy (I'm suddenly a bit more optimistic!)
I understand what game Robinson seems to want to play, but let's have wee Duncy Weir then - in much better form than Parks (see Scotland A vs Saxons), full of confidence (versus looks like hemight burst into tears at any moment), has the Desparate kicking game in his armoury, AND has other weapons too! A novel way of thinking, I know ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:12 am

As a Welsh man then I think we would all love to see Parks start on Sunday BUT looking, or trying to look at it fron neutral point he surely cannot pick him again after than shambles of a performance on Saturday.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:15 am

That depends how willing Robinson is to admit he was wrong to play Parks last Saturday.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 am

Erm vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit Erm vomit vomit vomit

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 am

How can Cuthbert be out of his depth - he's 6ft 5 ins. Run

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 am

If he's in 7' swimming pool? Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 am

gowales wrote:Im not sure about their backrow having the edge. Isn't that what everyone said about Ireland? I think in the breakdown we should have the edge. Rennie seems more like a linking player to me than a scavenger.
Not actually true gowales - he is a replica of Barclay with greater upper body strength - he was just surprisingly poor at the breakdown by his standards at the weekend. If you know about the players' histories, they used to face off against each other at 7 for their secondary schools, then at regional and national level with Rennie typically coming out on top if you believe conventional wisdom. That's why Scotland fans are so keen to get him in the jersey.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:51 am

Parks is not a good kicker from hand. He is a poor selection Laidlaw or Wier are the better options by far.

I want to see the best Scotland team possible against Wales, I want to watch another game like yesterday's. Not like the dross we had in their last game. Not necesarily Scotland's fault, they tried to play some rugby and did a good job of it.

They were just a few dropped passes away from a four try win.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:01 am

wales will have some problems with selection-we have no second row. but, i cant see anything but a good welsh win.

of course AR will pick parks; scotlands only hope of being competative will be to push wales back at every oportunity. therefore, dan parks at fh.

wales will be well prepared for the game. a home win is expected and must be delivered. (after scotland comes a long wait for the trip down the m4. after wales win that game we can start to dream.)
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 am

dog,

I don't think the second row isue is that big, if Lydiate is fit then we could move Jones up there or blood Reed.

Not ideal I know but not bare bones yet.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 am

dogtooth wrote:wales will have some problems with selection-we have no second row. but, i cant see anything but a good welsh win.

of course AR will pick parks; scotlands only hope of being competative will be to push wales back at every oportunity. therefore, dan parks at fh.

wales will be well prepared for the game. a home win is expected and must be delivered. (after scotland comes a long wait for the trip down the m4. after wales win that game we can start to dream.)
dog, if that is indeed the gameplan, why select a woefully out-of-form and unable to execute said gameplan against England Dan Parks, versus a wee Duncy Weir who offers so much more as well?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:13 am

I'd say you're counting chickens, Dogtooth.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
dogtooth wrote:wales will have some problems with selection-we have no second row. but, i cant see anything but a good welsh win.

dog, if that is indeed the gameplan, why select a woefully out-of-form and unable to execute said gameplan against England Dan Parks, versus a wee Duncy Weir who offers so much more as well?

I agree, Parks doesn't kick well. He would be a poor choice no matter what game plan you have as he just isnt very good at anything.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 am

maestegmafia wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

I agree, Parks doesn't kick well. He would be a poor choice no matter what game plan you have as he just isnt very good at anything.
+1

PS Forgive my agreeing to your agreeing to my original supposition, but I figure that via some cosmic parallel universe, there is a chance that this might mean it will happen

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:42 am

There is NO possible justification for picking Parks. His kicking game was AWFUL against England, in every possible way.

Laidlaw should start. Weir should be on the bench.

We must counter attack well against Wales, and do so with vision and precision. Blair and Laidlaw would offer us that. When Ireland counter attacked against Wales and didn't let the Welsh rush defence get settled, Wales looked vulnerable. We'll have to defend well, and any missed tackles will be punished severely. Scotland can win this. Wales are the better side with the better players, but at times Ireland picked them off successfully, with not alot of possession.

We must be prepared to counter-attack and attack from deep. We must take risks. Laidlaw and Hogg must start.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I'd say you're counting chickens, Dogtooth.

confident following one of the best welsh displays i have seen.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 am

dogtooth wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I'd say you're counting chickens, Dogtooth.

confident following one of the best welsh displays i have seen.
It was a good performance, not the best, though I guess more credit is due for the fact it was in dublin with a great crowd of riotous irishman baying for Welsh blood.

Both teams were very good showing excellent talent but we both have a lot to work on...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 am

The pain of losing against Wales will be a million times better than against the English.

We should have hammered them into the ground because they are Poopie.

Wales however, are pretty good and so a win for us would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 am

Scotland have it in them mate, I dont doubt that, a bit of handskills work this week and those passes will go to hand and tries will come...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:26 am

I have been reading some commets and people seem to think Scotland will turn up and turn over. They are better than that. I still can't see them beating us though, I think it will be close with the potential for Wales to really run away with it in the last ten. I might sound biased but despite the injuries I think we have a superior player in most positions, to be exact (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 3, 1). Nobody seems to rate our substitutes either but more fool them I say.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 am

maestegmafia wrote:Scotland have it in them mate, I dont doubt that, a bit of handskills work this week and those passes will go to hand and tries will come...

How many years have we been saying this? 7? 8? 9? If it was that simple, even Haddock wouldve remedied it.

There is clearly more to it than just do a bit of handskills work.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 am

Im starting to get worried, if BD is cited and Warburton doesn't recover then we will be without 6 of our forwards (and thats assuming Lydiate recovers)

1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Evan
5. Jones
6. Lydiate
7. Tipuric
8. Faletau

One more injury in training and we could be in big trouble in the pack :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 am

Keep the faith
In Gatland we trust notworthy

Last edited by gowales on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 am

Who's the scarlet lock? He's ok isn't he?

ps. The Wales lineout couldn't be that bad again?

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next