The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1.

+17
21st Century Schizoid Man
CurlyOsp
Imperialbigdave
Tattie Scones RRN
nickj
mckay1402
Scot Abroad
funnyExiledScot
R!skysports
RDW
flyhalffactory
Pat_Mustard
KickAndChase
gowales
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
TJ1
alive555
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1. - Page 2 Empty Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1.

Post by alive555 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Scotland team for Wales

15. Stuart Hogg - new cap
14. Max Evans
13. Nick De Luca
12. Matt Scott - new cap
11. Lee Jones
10. Greg Laidlaw or Weir
9. Blair

8. David Denton
7. Ross Rennie
6. Kelly Brown or Stroker
5. Jim Hamilton
4. Richie Gray
3. Geoff Cross
2. Ross Ford
1. Alan Jacobsen

bench barclay, cusiter, kalman, kellock, lamont, weir.

Last edited by alive555 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

alive555

Back to top Go down

Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1.

Post by westisbest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 pm

When is Ansbro back.

How do you guys rate him?

Think he's pretty decent.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland - time to start with attacking backs v1.

Post by NeilyBroon Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:29 pm

ansbro is good for sure but he's got a back injury which keeps resurfacing so its uncertain when/whether he'll be back, although he's being reassessed by Scotland doctors. Tbh I'd rather see him fully recover than come back and bugger himself up and ruin his future as a player, look at what happened to Simon Taylor! (although apparently he's doing well at Bath). Hopefully its nothing too serious!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:Maybe it is mental more than anything?

Rennie should have put away....was it Blair? Sadly a lack of the basics in drawing the last man let him down. Laidlaw’s effort, I thought, was a try but it was such a marginal call. So there are two examples of where Scotland should have crossed the line.

As a Kiwi I’m used to seeing my side score tries and we have an abundance of world class players. Up until recently I would not watch a Scotland game unless NZ were playing them, purely because I thought the players were useless and the game would be boring – although I admit this is harsh. Nowadays, even though Scotland haven’t scored for 6 hrs of play, I can see the promise in the team. I watched the game on Saturday and I laughed when Jonathan Davies said Scotland don’t look like scoring. They were the only team to create try scoring opportunities!

Scotland have unearthed a gem in Denton – I don’t say that lightly. Ross Rennie looks good and there is depth in the backrow with Barclay, Brown etc. Max Evans is a creator and a class winger, he doesn’t get opportunities on the end of the line but makes the most of what he gets. I would like to see him move in to 13, although slightly small I could see him and Lamont forming a good partnership. Scotland have to play Blair and Laidlaw – these two look pretty promising.

Let’s look at the wider picture. Scotland are developing an awesome back row trio (whatever the mix), the locks are good and don’t shirk so Scotland should be able to retain possession playing a wider game. Blair and Laidlaw can get the backline moving a lot more than Cusiter and Parks and outside of that there is a promising threequarter line starved of space and possession. I think its time for Robinson to grow a pair and try another game plan...
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2