The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland?

+15
offload
Luckless Pedestrian
RDW
gmclachl
Knowsit17
Taffineastbourne
TycroesOsprey
CurlyOsp
slartibartfast
thebluesmancometh
wales606
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
gowales
majesticimperialman
gnollbeast
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland? - Page 2 Empty Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland?

Post by gnollbeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

In 2009 Wales destroyed Scotland in Murrayfield
In 2010 Wales played diabolical for 50 minutes but still won in Cardiff
In 2011 it was a pretty rubbish game, but Wales still won and Scotland were never in it.

Arguably after the Scot v England match, Gats & Co might see Sunday's fixture as the easiest out of the lot. No offence intended to Scots, but Italy should beat them this year.

If Gatland wants to give some of his players a chance then I believe Sunday should have a few newbies on the bench.

I would keep the Same XV that started against Ireland, but there will probably be a shuffle around in the pack if Bradley Egghead gets a ban before Sunday. The backs are fine. Cuthbert needs more experience and the Scots can't even get the ball out to their wings unless Evans comes in looking for work so he shouldn't need to do much tackling. Halfpenny just needs to jump more when trying to take the high ball.

I would like to see Beck and or Harry Robinson on the bench. If Wales are comfortable after 55/60 then it's worth blooding some more youth. I still believe the Roberts / Preistland injuries were mind games from Gatland, but even so I think we have enough battering rams now and Roberts could do without playing the full 80. Would be nice to mix it up a bit and get a different type of 12 on.

I think Gatland will possibly pick Beck and then Hook or Byrne, but Robinson is probably in the squad more for experience than to start.

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:I see Gatland has delayed his team selection again. Im really starting to think some of what went on with the injuries last week were headgames from the coach. looks like Geth and Lydiate will be back but I would resist the desire for wholesale changes.

1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Adam Jones
4. Ryan
5. Evans
6. Lydiate
7. Warburton (Tipuric)
8. Faletau
9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. George
12. Roberts
13. JD
14. Halfpenny (Kicker)
15. Byrne

16. Gethin
17. Owens
18. Powell
19. Tipuric
20. Lloyd Williams
21. Hook
22. Cuthbert.

If its a matchday 23 doesnt it gave to be a prop? in which case Mitchell.

Thats the team I would go for

Back to top Go down

Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Gatland experiment with his subs v Scotland?

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Only worry I guess is if one of the locks gets injured so maybe Read will get a bench spot instead of Powell. or as well as Powell if Tipuric has to take over from warburton.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm

It seems reasonable to imagine that Scotland will rule the lineouts and that after a week of pain, they will feel like they are playing for their lives.

Wales have to field their strongest XXIII. That means Gethin at 1, Lydiate at 6, and Ryan in for Bradley D.

Lou Reed on the bench to cover the 2nd row.

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:It seems reasonable to imagine that Scotland will rule the lineouts and that after a week of pain, they will feel like they are playing for their lives.

Wales have to field their strongest XXIII. That means Gethin at 1, Lydiate at 6, and Ryan in for Bradley D.

There are rumours of player walkouts on a couple of other threads. Maybe Robinson has lost the dressing room.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 am

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:It seems reasonable to imagine that Scotland will rule the lineouts and that after a week of pain, they will feel like they are playing for their lives.

23? that's cheating
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 am

^i was counting George North as 2

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 am

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:^i was counting George North as 2
Only 2, rumple, v conservative! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2