The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after?

+16
Lance
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
Steffan
KingMonkey
Rowley
Union Cane
Sugar Floyd Louis
Mind the windows Tino.
Qoxiivi
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
azania
Valero's Conscience
20 posters

Go down

Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after? Empty Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Apparently its been confirmed for June 9th, even though heavily expected.

Not surprisingly Arum says the venue will be the MGM Grand in Vegas and no talk of a one-off venue which he said was a must for a Floyd fight.

Arum has for some time now been trying to make a JMM vs Peterson fight and reportedly trying to pencil in April 14th at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium. An odd choice because Manny vs Clottey only had about 35,000 paying fans so they'll have to sell them very cheap to not make the place look empty!

Arum is also 'said' to want to match up the winners of each fight for November 2012.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after? Empty Re: Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after?

Post by azania Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Arum should retire. He is bad for boxing. Where is Don King when you need him?

azania

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after? Empty Re: Pac vs Bradley Confirmed, Arum looking at JMM/Peterson after?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Makes sense for Petersen to look at Marquez...More money and less risk.......

Marquez is getting old and if he loses to a legend...there is still a Khan rematch..

Financially more sensible...

Pac vs Brad = easy decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Not surpised this is at the MGM not a one-off venue, Bradley can't draw flies and will be even more of a 'who?' by the time of the fight as he'll have been out the ring so long.

Pac-Brad is sensible matchmaking and will give us some insight has to whether Pac has diminished and by how much whilst not being threatening due to Tedious Tim's powder-puff punching.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

You not think Bradley is a glorified plodder????

Surely If he can beat the likes of cotto he can beat this guy easily enough??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Bradley's on an absolute hiding to nothing in this fight, I'd say. Not really that impressed with him in terms of pound for pound players, and his attack is repetitive to the extreme. He's made to order for Pacquiao. After the thrashings he's handed out to Hatton and Margarito, I'm surprised that some are still seeing a slow-moving type who is overly-reliant on being strong and robust at his weight as any kind of thread to Pacquiao - and Bradley, just to top it all off, doesn't even have considerable punching power as a potential wild card.

Pacquiao to win more or less every minute of every round, probably forcing a stoppage of sorts late on is how I'd see it....So, Bradley by decision, anyone!?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I think he's better than that, but not great. He has a dull, slightly dirty, style that's makes for a pretty poor spectacle but his handspeed and chin are good and his head-movement (namely thrusting it into his opponent's face, somehow without ever getting points docked) is effective at least.

If Manny's footspeed returns I can see him teeing off on Bradley's big cannon-ball head all night but it could still be competitive for a few rounds and is a decent W on Manny's CV as Bradley's record on paper is decent and he should be probably considered in his prime right now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Although Bradley will be a huge underdog, I've got a feeling Pac won't be able to finish him, problem is he does not possess anywhere near the power to worry Pac.

I'm not Pac fan but this is still a good fighter on his CV as Top Hat has already said.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I officially couldn't care less who Manny or FMJ fight unless it's each other. It's pathetic.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Tedious Tim's powder-puff punching.

Brilliant work, TopHat.

How about 'Boring Bradley's Wimplike Whacks'

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is a decent match-up? This will be the first time in a while I'll be looking forward to a Manny fight.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 pm

jay-z wrote:Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is a decent match-up? This will be the first time in a while I'll be looking forward to a Manny fight.

Just you then, by the looks of it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 pm

I'll not leave you out there on your own Jay, I also do not think this is a terrible fight, would not go as far as to use the word excited, because until Manny and Floyd stop acting like children and actually end up staring across the ring at each other I am unlikely to get excited by either of their fights but I rate Bradley a little higher than many on here and in terms of what is out there this could be worse.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Bradley is a LWW who has fought once in the last year, Pacquiao is on the slide, I just can't get excited by this at all.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Look at jeff and Union, sparking all the debate.

With their matching blue badges and red pens. How cute.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 pm

How did you know that I have a red...

Oh, you said 'pens'.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Jay-z I'm with you mate.

For all of Bradley's faults (non punching being the main) he's still undefeated and a hungry fighter. Pac having declined slightly will add to it. I'll look forward to it, I really will. It might not blend as such but it'll ask questions of Manny that we haven't seen for a while.

That said, I thought Manny would steamroll Marquez so what the hell do I know?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 pm

I think this is a great matchup

Next to the "fight that we all want" this is the opponent I would like to see Manny in with. Think it could be a close one unless the Pooch puts on a masterclass like he can do sometimes

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Outside Mayweather this is probably the most valid match up that can be made for Pacquiao. I dont expect Bradley to win, but I think almost regardless of what happens against Pacquiao hes been generally quite underrated throughout his career.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 pm

This is the fight people were calling for before and during Marquez III.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Think the fact Marquez beat him again.......Mayweather is likely to beat him....

and now he's picking on old Mr overachieving-plod is a reason people might be unhappy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:27 pm

King monkey and Rowley.... Bradley's way too underrated on here.

I dunno though maybe it's just me, most for a while were not even giving him a chance v Khan... who I think he will beat if they ever face.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 pm

He looked pretty one paced against casamayor and Alexander, both southpaws. Pacquiao should be able to outbox him in a boring fight.

However, the wasn't a pool of talent to choose from. Khan was obviously not an option, cotto was taken by mayweather, Peterson isn't as credible as an opponent after being comfortably beaten by Bradley, maidana, Guerrero, Matthysse all 140lbers and are below Bradley and the light middle lot won't want to come down to 147 to meet him and JMM is too dangerous.

Bradley is very talented and if pacquiao continues his slow decline then he may just pull off an upset. Think it won't be as big as an occasion as mayweather-cotto and Bradley might be a hard sell being at 140 with little power and few fans.

Don't like the opponent BUT there doesn't look like there's a better option

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:59 pm

good match up. bradley is undefeated and will be coming to win. if pac struggles again there can be no excuses about his opponent being hard style wise for him. bradley will come forward and look to get close. anything other than a pac ko proves hes slowed down considerably though

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Despite being one of the better options out there this is still a terrible match up.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 pm

don't view it as a terrible match-up, we'll have the tendancy to view all Mayweather/Pacquiao opponents as bitter disappointments until they actually fight one another.

Bradley undefeated I consider him as the champion of the 140 division, decent matchup worth a watch. Along with Cotto v Mayweather not a bad 5 weeks in boxing however not the one we wanted, but by no means are either terrible match ups.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 pm

bradley's proved himself the best lww out there, giving the level of excitement bradley's performances generate, i won't say i'm hugely excited about it, but apart from floyd its the best fight out there for pac.. a live unbeaten champion. On recent performances no cakewalk for manny.

Has to be more interesting in terms of a contest than the landslide waiting to happen that is mayweather cotto

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 am

Supposidly not Milkyboy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:09 pm

He's undefeated but don't think he's yet to fully prove himself as the man at 140lbs, that status seems to have come with Khan losing to someone else.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:08 pm

After Pacmans last fight I can see a potential upset in this fight, Bradley's not as bad as what some makes out!

He may not have a great ko ratio, but he still knocked down Witter,Peterson, stopped Nate Campbell and rocked Alexander several times. His power isn't too bad imo.

He is always in great condition and can fight hard for every second of every round.

He can fight on the inside and outside, has shown adaptablity in fights and has decent handspeed.

I think he has a chance but it all depends on how pacman responds from his last fight!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down