The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glaws v Saints

4 posters

Go down

Glaws v Saints Empty Glaws v Saints

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Teams are up for tomorrow’s game. The pitch has the covers and blowers, but it will still be pretty cold. Gloucester didn’t get much snow fall to worry about, so shouldn’t be any problem with the game going ahead, unlike last year’s -10c. Glaws have put out a very strong side and based upon current form we’re only missing 2 first choice players (Hamilton & Strokosch). Clearly Morgan, Trinder and Narraway are injured but we have very able back ups.

Saints have also put out a very strong side and you can see the difference this year since Mallinder focused on strength in depth. We shall be welcoming back PDJ for the first time, so hopefully he gets on so Woody can show him who’s boss! Likewise, Lamby will get his usual reception and a similar performance to his last visit wouldn’t go amiss!

This is going to be a great game and my natural bias, along with the home advantage means I can see Glaws sneaking this.

GLAWS
Jonny May; Charlie Sharples, Mike Tindall, Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Rory Lawson; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Will James, Alex Brown; Peter Buxton (capt), Akapusi Qera, Matt Cox

Replacements:
Matias Cortese, Dan Murphy, Shaun Knight, Tom Savage, Rob Langley, Dave Lewis, Ryan Mills, Tim Molenaar

SAINTS
Paul Diggin; Jamie Elliott, George Pisi, James Downey, Vasily Artemyev; Ryan Lamb, Martin Roberts; Soane Tonga’uiha, Andy Long, Brian Mujati; Samu Manoa, Christian Day; Courtney Lawes, Calum Clark (capt), Roger Wilson

Replacements:
Mike Haywood, Alex Waller; Paul Doran-Jones, Mark Sorenson, Ben Nutley, Ryan Glynn, Stephen Myler, Tom May
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Glaws v Saints Empty Re: Glaws v Saints

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:35 am

For any Saints fans there shouldn't be any reason for the game not to be on. It's pretty cold here, but the snow went yesterday and the pitch has been covered with the blowers for the last few days.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:22 am

Well I was going to say it's in the bag, but there are some dangerous players in that Saints line up. I still expect a Glos win, just don't do anything silly in the last minute please Will James.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

I can see Saints try to keep it tight like they did against Munster, Scarlets etc not sure how well that will work but Glos had better be ready for a workout!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:22 am

Yappy I think you're right. If we can gain parity with their forwards our backs shouldbe able to do the business...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 11 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

About to start should be a good game.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:37 pm

Not the greatest of performances, but we held a decent Saints pack at bay and got the win we needed. It's a shame we didn't push on in the 2nd half, but I'll happily take those 4 points.

I thought May and Sharples were excellent, as were Harden and Savage - all of whom will be with Glaws for a few more years and are all under 25, which bodes well for the future. More immediately, playing at that intensity will serve us well for next week's derby.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

Sharples and May both showed Lancaster what he's missing out on at the moment in his teams, pace and vision.

What more does Sharples have to do to replace Strettle? Spend his whole time chasing kicks and jinking left and right without going forward?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down