The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

england v wales battle

+21
mystiroakey
miteyironpaw
munkian
ISLANDER
trebellbobaggins
mpc28
english warrior
TycroesOsprey
Shifty
damngoodOvalball
gnollbeast
eirebilly
Manu's Boxing Coach
Cymroglan
Biltong
mckay1402
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
Woodstock
adambarney
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

england v wales battle Empty england v wales battle

Post by adambarney Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:32 am

if England and Wales win in round 2.the match at Twickenham could have some immense battles with north v ashton,barritt v roberts,tuilagi if fit v davies plus morgan v faluteau that would be some game, especially Wales would be favourites but there record at HQ is poor.

adambarney

Back to top Go down

england v wales battle Empty Re: england v wales battle

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:37 am

Yup
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:51 am

Could you please explain to me why Wales would be favourites.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:55 am

I would never say we were faves going to Twickenham with our record. If both win this weekend then I guess the manner of wins may decide whose faves or not.

If England struggle today as well and Wales win comfortably tomorrow it may sway in our favour, especially with the bookies but like I said I record at Twickers is shocking.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:10 am

Not really worried about twickenham yet. Have to win this weekend first.

Re the teams. I thought Wales looked good against Ireland. Played in a similar positive way to the RWC.

Wasn't impressed with England. They played like they did at the RWC.

Will have a clearer idea of whether either side has much caliber come Monday.

I think Wales will beat Scotland tomorrow and England will lose in Rome this afternoon.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:11 am

Nope, I'm never confident at Twickers. We'll be the underdogs, until such a time when we win there consistently. England at home are very strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:17 am

Wales would be favourites because they have a more experienced, more settled side with proven world class. England have talent but not experience and I think that will be key. Personally I look through the potential teams and I can't see any area where England are better except maybe the lineout. That I'd just my opinion and not intended to semester England but they are a transitional side at the moment.

If they get some momentum today then it will give them confidence but I still think Wales will have too much this year
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

,......and Wales are not in a transitional state?
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:34 am

I don't think so no. its not insulting tp England to recognise that Wales may have a more settled side. Why us there always someone ready to take umbrage at every comment?

What makes you think Wales are in transition?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:38 am

I would just think at some point england has to fire. They can't continue in this vain.

Looking at their quarter final against france last year, they got it together, just not for long enough.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

Woodstock wrote:,......and Wales are not in a transitional state?
where are they not settled.

Their backline has been going since last year, their loose forwards are settled, not sure about their tight five, but it does seem all those jone's have been around for a while.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:44 am

!! It's a forum FFS maybe we should all agree, put a flower in our hair and smoke strange plants!!

WALES 2011 v England

Byrne; T James, Hook, Roberts, S Williams; S Jones, Cooper; P James, G Williams, Rhys Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones, Charteris, Powell, M Williams, R Jones (captain).
Replacements: Bennett (for G Williams, 54), Davies (for Charteris, 54), Halfpenny (for James, 65), J Thomas (for Powell, 68), R Rees (for Cooper, 68).
Not used: Gill, Bishop.

WALES 2012 v England
Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Blues), George North (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Blues), Huw Bennett (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Newport Gwent Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Ospreys), Lou Reed (Scarlets), Andy Powell (Sale Sharks), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Scott Williams (Scarlets).

Rest my case.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

My thoughts exactly. With regards to England firing, I do agree but I think England fans might be expecting too much too soon to think that they will suddenly be brilliant. Give it a year and a bit if Game plan consistency and they'll be quality but not yet I don't think
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:52 am

The fact that's its a forum doesn't mean you have to get shirty with every comment. I don't really see what that proves. Out of our starting lineup how many players hadn't been capped this time last season? And how many England players? I rest my case
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:57 am

Woodstock wrote:!! It's a forum FFS maybe we should all agree, put a flower in our hair and smoke strange plants!!

WALES 2011 v England

Byrne; T James, Hook, Roberts, S Williams; S Jones, Cooper; P James, G Williams, Rhys Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones, Charteris, Powell, M Williams, R Jones (captain).
Replacements: Bennett (for G Williams, 54), Davies (for Charteris, 54), Halfpenny (for James, 65), J Thomas (for Powell, 68), R Rees (for Cooper, 68).

WALES 2012 v England
Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Blues), George North (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Blues), Huw Bennett (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Newport Gwent Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Ospreys), Lou Reed (Scarlets), Andy Powell (Sale Sharks), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Scott Williams (Scarlets).

Rest my case.

Perhaps you should get rid of that chip on your shoulder, or alternativley the thorn in your foot, or see a bloody dentist to remove that sore tooth.

I asked you a question. That forms part of debate, I don't know every player in Wales, neither do I keep record of who played when. so when I ask who is not settled, a mere explanation will suffice, the idiotic slants can be left aside for your mates, who can sort you out face to face.

Geesh, perhaps it is best not to talk to you. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:57 am

Calm down stop ranting...you made a statement that is hardly proven. Wales are in transition, whether you want to believe that or not I care not one jot. Wales havejust become fitter, more professional and settled faster than England thats all. Transition just the same.

Only difference with England is that your management is in turmoil as is the entire RFU.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:58 am

biltongbek that was directed at Woodstock.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

Yeah.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

biltongbek wrote:
Woodstock wrote:!! It's a forum FFS maybe we should all agree, put a flower in our hair and smoke strange plants!!

WALES 2011 v England

WALES 2012 v England

Rest my case.

Perhaps you should get rid of that chip on your shoulder, or alternativley the thorn in your foot, or see a bloody dentist to remove that sore tooth.

I asked you a question. That forms part of debate, I don't know every player in Wales, neither do I keep record of who played when. so when I ask who is not settled, a mere explanation will suffice, the idiotic slants can be left aside for your mates, who can sort you out face to face.

Geesh, perhaps it is best not to talk to you. Doh

Oh a MEATY reply considering it was not aimed at you hahahahaha

Geesh maybe you are right boy tomato
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:01 am

By the way if you are going to ask a QUESTION it would be a good idea to use a "?" it helps.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:01 am

Whether you aimed that at someone else, I asked the same question. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:02 am

Now I'm confused Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

WALES 2011 v England

WALES 2012 v England

Rest my case.

That isnt the team that Wales put out last year.....

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

Woodstock wrote:By the way if you are going to ask a QUESTION it would be a good idea to use a "?" it helps.
Thanks for the grammatical assistance, could you be so kind as to follow me around the forum, then every time I omit something you can correct it on my behalf, perhaps you should request to become an administrator, then you can correct them on my behalf, without having to communicate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

Arguing with S Africans confuses most in my experience, especially when they admit to knowing very little about NH rugby. Wales
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:05 am

biltongbek wrote:
Woodstock wrote:By the way if you are going to ask a QUESTION it would be a good idea to use a "?" it helps.
Thanks for the grammatical assistance, could you be so kind as to follow me around the forum, then every time I omit something you can correct it on my behalf, perhaps you should request to become an administrator, then you can correct them on my behalf, without having to communicate.

No
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:07 am

biltong warning
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:07 am

Saturday, Aug 6 2011 Twickenham

England XV: Armitage, Banahan, Tuilagi, Flutey, Cueto, Wilkinson, Care, Corbisiero, Hartley, Stevens, Shaw, Palmer, Croft, Moody, Haskell.
Replacements: Mears, Wilson, Botha, Wood, Wigglesworth, Hodgson, Sharples.

Wales XV: Priestland, North, J. Davies, Roberts, S. Williams, S. Jones, Phillips, James, Bennett, Mitchell, B. Davies, A. Jones, Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau.
Replacements: Burns, Bevington, Charteris, R. Jones, Knoyle, S. Williams, Stoddart

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:07 am

Woodstock wrote:Arguing with S Africans confuses most in my experience, especially when they admit to knowing very little about NH rugby. Wales

Yeah, you're right, I should know more about Nh rugby, seeing that there are so many SH players there. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:08 am

eirebilly wrote:biltong warning
Hi billy, I was fishing this morning and pulled myself a real plonkers this time. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

biltongbek wrote:
Hi billy, I was fishing this morning and pulled myself a real plonkers this time. Wink

You behave yourself there no boxing Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:11 am

eirebilly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

You behave yourself there no boxing Wink

No worries mate, I have decided to throw it back into the ocean, the sharks are hungry.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:11 am

I'm beginning to get fed up of this site is it not possible to debate anything without all the childish nonsense.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:12 am

England v Wales will hardly be a battle more like a steamrollering for North and Roberts.

However, if England get a famous victory in Rome today I think the match will be a lot closer due to England's confidence.

Wales should beat Saracens on the 25th.

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

Cymroglan wrote:I'm beginning to get fed up of this site is it not possible to debate anything without all the childish nonsense.
My apologies, I will behave
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:21 am

Apology accepted.

Now I am off to eat some meat, with a side of meat and a meat pudding.

Hope that shark was OK I would have expected it to take a right hiding. Yahoo
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

Woodstock, transition tends to refer to the situation where the 'old guard' are retiring en masse and there is a period of blooding new players ready for the future. Some teams like to do it for a 4 year world cup cycle. However, last years Wales team only had a couple who've retired. The rest are just not the best players available. That points more to a bit of extra depth now and a drop in form of some players. Byrne for example is not the best FB so is not in the squad, but he was last year (while still being out of form). That's not transition that's just a bit of extra depth and picking the form players.

And here's the actual Wales team from last year. Not sure where you got yours from. Who the hell is Rhys Jones at prop???

5: James Hook, 14: Morgan Stoddart, 13: Jamie Roberts, 12: Jonathan Davies, 11: Shane Williams, 10: Stephen Jones, 9: Michael Phillips; 1: Paul James, 2: Matthew Rees (captain), 3: Craig Mitchell, 4: Bradley Davies, 5: Alun: Wyn Jones, 6: Dan Lydiate, 7: Sam Warburton, 8: Andy Powell.

That's not much different from now. Stoddart has been injured so not available now, James Hook is off form and not the best FB now, Shane has retired, Stephen Jones is 3rd choice, Paul James is 3rd choice, Matthew Rees is coming back from injury, Craig Mitchell is down the pecking order, Bradley is only in now due to injuries (and is now out of the team due to indiscipline), AWJ is injured now, Andy Powell is not 1st choice no.8. So, not really transition. The wing position is in transition, and the no.10 jersey. The rest are just form or injury changes. The players are still around and have not retired.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

[quote="Griff"]

And here's the actual Wales team from last year. Not sure where you got yours from. Who the hell is Rhys Jones at prop???

Its Adam Rhys Jones
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:07 am

Well he didn't play either! It was Craig Mitchell!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

Woodstock wrote:Apology accepted.

Doh thick skinned and slow of thought comes to mind.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:22 am

People seem to be talking about this game as if it the decider for the Grand Slam or something.

Why doesn't every body wait and see what happens this week end?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:30 am

majesticimperialman wrote:People seem to be talking about this game as if it the decider for the Grand Slam or something.

Why doesn't every body wait and see what happens this week end?

I disagree.

This will not be a grandslam decider. England will have to improve markedly to be in contention for that. They had a better chance last year.

Just keep your fingers crossed try can beat Italy madge

Reading the papers this morning not many people In England think england will, most think this the best opportunity Italy have ever had.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Reading the papers this morning not many people In England think england will
Quotes? From what I've read most think it will be a tough game, but think England have enough to win. Something Wales haven't done on a few occasions against the Italians...!

Food for thought...?

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

Just keep your fingers crossed try can beat Italy madge

Reading the papers this morning not many people In England think england will, most think this the best opportunity Italy have ever had.
maestegmafia

What makes you think that England wont beet Italy? they have not lost to them yet in all the time that they have played them.

Wales on the other hand, are at the moment playing some good rugby but just like in the RWC they are not world beaters by along way.

Both teams England and Wales need to concentrate on this week ends game. When England do meet Wales then they can start to think how they are going to win.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:18 am

Didn't wales lose at home to Italy one year? I can understand why so many (mainly) welsh fans desperately want to see Italy beat England. We are the only 6N team that has never lost to them and I have enjoyed all the times Italy have beaten wales so fair enough.
I recall similar predictions of how Italy were going to beat us last year but they were proved to be just a little wide of the mark!

I think England will have enough to beat Italy but it will be tough and they will need to show a marked improvement in attack and maintaining possession.

One game at a time and all that but we will have to improve again in order to beat wales in London.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:40 pm

biltongbek wrote:

Sarcastic and a real awareness how to rile up a meat eater raspberry
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:48 pm

On second thoughts!

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:55 pm

Woodstock wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

Yep, arrogance and ignorance works. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

As does stupidity and ignorance Laugh
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Woodstock wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

As does stupidity and ignorance Laugh
Go to bed now, your mommy is calling. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next