The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales Lose to Scotland! !

+17
Southampton Osprey
pedrojones
BlueNote
Chunky Norwich
EnglishReign
Newsilure
overlordofthewest
SecretFly
mystiroakey
nathan
eirebilly
slartibartfast
munkian
Enforcer
GavinDragon
Duty281
majesticimperialman
21 posters

Go down

If Wales Lose to Scotland! ! Empty If Wales Lose to Scotland! !

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

Will Gatland retire from the Wales coach?

What will the excuses be?

Do you honestly think that Wales have no chance of losing?

Alot of Welsh fans seem to think that Scotland will be a push over, they may well come unstuck.

Your thoughts on this.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

If Wales Lose to Scotland! ! Empty Re: If Wales Lose to Scotland! !

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

Scotland will win as Wales are too complacent and undisciplined. If there's one thing the Scots do well then it's the basics. And that will be the key.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

gatland wont resign,

the reasons will b e explained on the day if we lose,

of course wales could lose, however if we play to our best then we should win with the players we have

i do worry about my fellow compatriots attitudes twards this game, i just hope the team dont buy into the hype and come unstuck

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:Scotland will win as Wales are too complacent and undisciplined. If there's one thing the Scots do well then it's the basics. And that will be the key.
It makes me laugh when people think that because some fans on a forum think Wales will walk the game, that the team will have the same attitude. I would be very surprised if Gatland let the squad become complacent, that is one thing that I don't think you could level at the team since his arrival. Discipline may be an issue, but I don't remember a raft of silly penalties last weekend - just a very stupid moment from Bradley Davies.

And to answer the OP of course Gatland wouldn't resign. If a coach quit every time they lost a game they 'should' have won there would be changes every week!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:36 pm

And to answer the OP of course Gatland wouldn't resign. If a coach quit every time they lost a game they 'should' have won there would be changes every week!
Enforcer
Admin

My point is that many Welsh fans are sayuing that this is a forgone conclusion. And thgat is that Wels

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm

Many ? How many ? There is a thread predicting an English grandslam, does that mean that ALL English posters believe this and ergo so does the English team ? No

I think Wakes will win but I certainly dont think it will be easy and neither do the Welsh team or management , they've stated this since the win in Dublin.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 3:37 am

majesticimperialman wrote:And to answer the OP of course Gatland wouldn't resign. If a coach quit every time they lost a game they 'should' have won there would be changes every week!
Enforcer
Admin

My point is that many Welsh fans are sayuing that this is a forgone conclusion. And thgat is that Wels

You really need to lay off the moonshine Madge. Will he resign? You are a card.

I am pretty certain all the Welsh squad are reading this website and as a result won't take Scotland very seriously. Besides which, can you be 100% certain all of these "Welsh" people who wum on here are Welsh? It isn't hard to set up an account pretending to be somebody else is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

If Wales loose to Scotland by playing poorly I'll be disappointed after the dirge served up again in Rome yesterday.

Today's game has to be of quality not just so us welsh can keep the moral high ground but for the sake of 6n rugby.

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:21 am

Wales will really have too much in the tank for Scotland. I do expect an open and exciting game though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

slartibartfast wrote:If Wales loose to Scotland by playing poorly I'll be disappointed after the dirge served up again in Rome yesterday.

Today's game has to be of quality not just so us welsh can keep the moral high ground but for the sake of 6n rugby.

lol, what were you expecting with conditions like that!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:46 am

nathan wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:If Wales loose to Scotland by playing poorly I'll be disappointed after the dirge served up again in Rome yesterday.

lol, what were you expecting with conditions like that!

Err.... Did you watch the match? The halfbacks were awful for both teams - highlighted by the change in fortunes when the subs came on.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

The last time we played Scotland in Cardiff we didn't have Faletau, Lydiate , didn't have the Roberts/Davies partnership , didnt have priestland unceasing our backs , Christ , we didn't even have North Shocked
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

the golden generation hey

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:27 am

Wales might very well win. But Scotland won't be standing off with anything like the passivity of the Irish. If Wales win I think they'll have the bruises to prove they earned it. Having said that, it'll need an improvement from Scotland by about 70% to actually win it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:32 am

If Wales lose to Scotland, the next team we play will have the backlash.

Of course Wales could lose, as I've said before all the teams in the 6n are now capable of beating each other, this is why home advantage is so important.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:39 am

Scotland will be using a blitze defence. There is no way they will allow Wales' big backline to get up a head of steam like the Irish did.

Its going to be a great match i feel Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

I know jokes have alluded to this on other posts but truly, if it's a good game, it'll be the only one of the weekend.

England did enough to win without still showing what their top gear might look like. Italy, for their part - and their dumb coach - did a great job of shooting their chances in the foot, over and over.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

Very few Welsh fans believe Scotland will be a push over, we remember how we only just scrapped a win when they last came to Wales and clearly they were the better side, and should have won against England last week, no one is going to expect them to waste so many clear breaks again.
We Welsh do get carried with optimism about our rugby but at least now we appear to have good reason to be optimistic. Some of the players who have represented Wales over the past 10 years found it difficult to adjust from the amateur game that they grew up with and the successes we have had have based on a nucleus of those with a real professional attitude such as Gethin Jenkins, Tom Shanklin, Stephen and Ryan Jones, plus a few whose flair and innate talent sometimes made them deliver excellence beyond what mere discipline can achieve. Henson, Phillips, Alfie even Hook fall into this category while Shane Williams straddled both.

Now the omens are good that we to have a young team of dedicated professionals who have real talent that they use in a disciplined manner.

So we are right to be optimistic about our ability but that doesn't mean that we don't respect the ability of others. If both teams play to the maximum of their ability today, and both have the same balance of luck and refereeing decision, I think it is fair to expect Wales to win , but if we play anywhere below our best the Scots will triumph.

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

I can't remember a 6n day like yesterday. One awful game played on a ridiculous pitch in a stadium that wasn't even full, and a game called off because of something which should've been monitored and sorted out during the week, rather than assuming it would magically get warm on Saturday.

Never thought I'd say this but thank god for Wales, at least they play good rugby and generally are maintaining my interest in the tournament steam

Last edited by EnglishReign on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

I actually enjoyed the Italt England match yesterday. The quality wasnt great but it was an enjoyable match all the same Very Happy

I do love watching the Welsh though, they are a very exciting team.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

allways excuses for how england won, it gets abit boring tbh!!- i honestly thought we played ok, i only saw the second half- so maybe the buzz of coming back got me. However it was a very good watch and a good game. and if neautrals were truely neautral they would surely say the same thing!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

Wales.....lose to Scotland?

Pfffffft. Yeah right.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

It wasn't a GREAT neutral game by any stretch , the only real interest was if England would do anything interesting or if Italy would break their duck. Neither happened
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

munkian wrote:It wasn't a GREAT neutral game by any stretch , the only real interest was if England would do anything interesting or if Italy would break their duck. Neither happened

i thought coming back and running with the ball was quite interesting(please note i didnt say great!!!). however if the viewer wants italy to win then there wouldnt have enjoyed the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

Obviously Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

basically my point is when england are involved in games, there arnt to many neautrals!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

Of course Scotland could win, although it would take a big improvement from them and for Wales not to perform that well. Both of those are possible. Scotland still look like less than the sum of their parts, and who knows when it will gel.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

But to be fair, we would all support Italy against NZ, Aus, SA and other rugby powerhouses.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:10 pm

EnglishReign wrote:But to be fair, we would all support Italy against NZ, Aus, SA and other rugby powerhouses.

i support any NH team against SH, and i think thats fair- we are all european, we are all grouped collectively, the better we are indiviually , the better we all are!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrojones Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

If Wales lose to Scotland they will be low on confidence and only beat England by around 10.

If Wales win they will put 20/30 past England.

pedrojones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

lol another new account!! ermmmm

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrojones Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm

?

pedrojones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

sorry if you are a new member , wlecome. if your a multiple account member lol!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrojones Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

Excuse me? Who are you?

pedrojones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

my name is on the right side pedro lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

mystiroakey wrote:allways excuses for how england won, it gets abit boring tbh!!- i honestly thought we played ok, i only saw the second half- so maybe the buzz of coming back got me. However it was a very good watch and a good game. and if neautrals were truely neautral they would surely say the same thing!

Don't know about the others but I gave England a compliment. I said they did enough to win without showing us what their top gear is yet.

That says two things. England cantered to the win. Yes, Italy were putting as tough a game as they could up to them but were killing themselves as much as England weren't really having to work so hard to keep them out. Italy's downfall was a two-way process. England comfortably enough contained them, and they in turn didn't help themselves.

The second thing my particular 'excuses for how England won' comment makes clear is that I still haven't seen what this English side are capable of - two reasonably comfortable wins down the line. Says a lot about a side that can play within themselves and still win. The games get tougher from here on in but England too should be able to up their performances to match the difficulties.

Don't always assume insults where none exist.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

i dont know if england are gonna get better- its all up in the air. plenty have been saying how hard the first two game would be(and they were by far the easiest), we havent learnt anything because england won them both and didnt play well.

calling the next game is gonna be impossible from my point of view!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

EnglishReign wrote:But to be fair, we would all support Italy against NZ, Aus, SA and other rugby powerhouses.

I think that a lot of people wanted Italy to win, not from a hatred of England but because it would be great for Italian rugby to have a win over a team that they have never beaten.

Of course you will get the odd fanatics that simply hate England and the odd fanatic that will see anti English sentiments in every neutrals posts but thats part of the fun or a forum Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrojones Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

Did Wales lose?

pedrojones

Back to top Go down

Post by Southampton Osprey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

Wales have won their first two, scoring plenty of tries. England won their first two with two charge down tries. Wales have been dynamic and exciting, England have been dull and predictable. Should be a great match at Twickers - come on Wales!

Southampton Osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

Wales win, again! Suck it up madge and co. Looking forward to England vs Wales now.

Cymru am byth! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo laughing
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Wales win, again! Suck it up madge and co. Looking forward to England vs Wales now.

Cymru am byth! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo laughing
Hug
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

Southampton Osprey wrote:Wales have won their first two, scoring plenty of tries. England won their first two with two charge down tries. Wales have been dynamic and exciting, England have been dull and predictable. Should be a great match at Twickers - come on Wales!

Funny, I said there was something of the carling era about them. If there is then dont expect an easy ride.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

pedrojones wrote:If Wales lose to Scotland they will be low on confidence and only beat England by around 10.

If Wales win they will put 20/30 past England.

This is the sort of confidence we've seen so often in the past. Another dawn often comes to nothing. I reckon it will be very very close.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:32 pm

Even at 3-3 at half time Wales never looked like they were going to lose to be honest.
An absolutely superb second half from both teams. Becautiful Welsh pressure led to some pretty cynical fouls from Scotland and two very deserved yellow cards.

That and the fact that Wales side is still very young bodes for some good times ahead for them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:34 pm

Yep it does for sure.

I just wish eng had the sense to bring their good u21 lads through gradually as Wales had. I reckon both have good years ahead but Wales are ahead for a couple of years.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

My thoughts on this are your a little jealous man madge but never mind we can all have a good laugh when England lose the next three games.

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

WINNING

Yahoo

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down