The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales to lose to Japan this summer?

+25
ScarletSpiderman
sirtidychris
fa0019
Bathman_in_London
Cyril
LondonTiger
No 7&1/2
George Carlin
flyhalffactory
nganboy
wales606
Biltong
NeilyBroon
Rugby Fan
100%beefy
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
Taffineastbourne
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
jimmyinthewell68
RubyGuby
majesticimperialman
munkian
The Saint
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Wales lose a test or two to Japan?

Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Vote_lcap24%Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 9 ]
Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Vote_lcap76%Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 28 ]

Total Votes : 37

Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Empty Wales to lose to Japan this summer?

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 4:43 pm

I think a loss to Japan is starting to look very likely after our recent injuries and the squad announcement/cuts. What is McBryde thinking!

Forwards: Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Rhys Gill (Saracens), Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Scott Andrews (Blues), Craig Mitchell (Exeter Chiefs), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Blues), Lou Reed (Blues), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), James King (Ospreys), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Andries Pretorius (Blues).

Backs: Lloyd Williams (Blues), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Patchell (Blues), Ashley Beck (Ospreys), Owen Williams (Blues), Jonathan Spratt (Ospreys), Dafydd Howells (Ospreys), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Harry Robinson (Blues), Tom Prydie (Dragons), Steven Shingler (London Irish).

We've recently lost Ken Owens to injury and have two hookers who aren't regulars for their Region in contention. Big loss for us because Ken was having a good season and perhaps not far from Lions selection.
Our only openside Josh Navidi has been cut from the squad(?) and that leaves us with a back row mostly consisting of No.6's. Our 8's; Pretorius is just rubbish and has hardly played rugby this season as far as I know and Dan Baker is a Premiership player.
The No.9's haven't played well....one has barely played at all. The two best 9's available (Gareth Davies, Jonathan Evans) have been overlooked.
Our reserve 10 should be playing at the JWC. Hopefully he doesn't get injured and miss every rugby tournament this summer. Maybe Owen Williams should have been chosen instead. Unfortunately Priestland picked up an injury, I think his experience would have been vital on this tour.
Nobody has heard of the 18 year old bolter Howells. His selection is both surprising and pointless given we had other options available such as Ben John, Adam Hughes, perhaps Adam Warren if he was not on Sevens duty.
Back 3 might be a little weak with Robinson and Shingler there.

Japan have a good coach and seem pretty confident of turning us over. Does anyone else remember them play pretty well not so long ago in a world cup? I think this series could end 1-all.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Empty Re: Wales to lose to Japan this summer?

Post by munkian Tue 21 May 2013, 4:54 pm

2 test 'series' are always an odd one, shoudl be three...

Anyway, yes we have injuries but then the best players havent been picked for the training squad and even some picked from the training squad aren't the best of the bunch Wales to lose to Japan this summer? 57983

I think we will win, but it won't be a thrashing
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Wales to lose to Japan this summer? Empty Re: Wales to lose to Japan this summer?

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 21 May 2013, 5:27 pm

Wales should win against Japan inmo. But it does give you food for thought what if they dont win? How bad will it be for Wales and the Welsh set up if they dont win?

Can you imagine the the bickering on this thread if they do lose? steam

It will be cover your ears time.

ooooops made it right.

Last edited by majesticimperialman on Tue 21 May 2013, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 21 May 2013, 5:29 pm

My Hears are covered Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 5:41 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Wales should win against Japan inmo. But it does give you food for thought what if they dont win? How bad will it be for Wales and the Welsh set up if they dont win?

Can you imagine the the bickering on this thread if they do lose? steam

It will be cover your ears time.

ooooops made it right.

If they don't win it should finally prove to these sub coaches that they constantly pick the wrong players. I mean, it only took Howley 8 losses in a row to realise that. If Japan win the focus will be more on them than on Wales.

I don't know if there will be bickering on this thread so much, but more likely a thread for post match analysis. Not sure what you're getting at with mentioning bickering there.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 21 May 2013, 5:48 pm

Not sure what you're getting at with mentioning bickering there.

OK then, Slagging off of the Welsh team after winning a grand slam being the best team in the NH. And yet cannot beat a team like Japan.

Is that good enough for you?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 21 May 2013, 5:55 pm

if they lose both games would mcBryde commit harakiri mo2

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 21 May 2013, 6:27 pm

Hell no we still have our main strength which is a good front 5. I mean you look at England's and Irelands options with players being rested and on the lions tour. (not Scotland cause apart from 2 players they are full strength) I think we have better front 5 options than them.
I think we still have a very dominant front 5.
Just look at this:
1. Rhys Gill
2. Emyr Phillips
3. Craig Mitchell
4. Bradley Davies
5. Andrew Coombs

Compare that front 5 to England's and Ireland's potential front 5's (because both teams also have a lot of players away).
England:
1. Corbisiero
2. Webber
3. Shrek I mean Dave wilson
4. Launchbery
5. Lawes

Ireland:
1. Court laughing
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Dan Tuohy
5. Mike Mcarthy

Japan aren't know for their dominant scrums and front 5 so we will take them on their.
I am a bit wary about our back 3 options though Erm

as far as I know and Dan Baker is a Premiership player.

Couldn't be more wrong.He is much more than that, every star starts from somewhere. Dan is in the premiership now yes but in the not to far distant future I can see him being the Welsh number 8. You must have missed last years six nations
We missed out on Ben Morgan but he is like a younger version of Ben (literally I think they duplicated a ginger version).
He is what that team will need, brute strength.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 6:56 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Not sure what you're getting at with mentioning bickering there.

OK then, Slagging off of the Welsh team after winning a grand slam being the best team in the NH. And yet cannot beat a team like Japan.

Is that good enough for you?

They'd have to be as daft as you then, which is extremely unlikely.
Yahoo

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 7:02 pm

Fair point about our front 5. We'll need more than that to win though. More injuries will be disastrous for our cause.

Jhamer25 wrote:

as far as I know and Dan Baker is a Premiership player.

Couldn't be more wrong.He is much more than that, every star starts from somewhere. Dan is in the premiership now yes but in the not to far distant future I can see him being the Welsh number 8. You must have missed last years six nations
We missed out on Ben Morgan but he is like a younger version of Ben (literally I think they duplicated a ginger version).
He is what that team will need, brute strength.

Well if you've gone on to say "he's in the premiership now" then how can I be more wrong? Headscratch Semi pro to full international honours is a big, big step up. There were options available at the Regions, the professional teams that feed the international team. That was my point. I've watched Baker play for the U20s in the past and I don't think he stood out much.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 21 May 2013, 7:40 pm

This is the side I would go for:

Gill
Phillips
Mitchell
Davies
Coombs
King
Baker
Shingler

Ll Williams
Biggar

Li Williams
Beck
Spratt
Robinson

Prydie

I think that forward back would get the upper hand enough to give what is an in experienced but exciting backline enough opportunities to win the game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 21 May 2013, 8:06 pm

Would I be surprised if we lost?Nope.
Would I be surprised if we beat them?Nope.
It is a development tour where some will shine and some will fall short.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 21 May 2013, 8:23 pm

Of course losing to Japan would be seen as unacceptable from any Welsh perspective. I don't know much about their current squad but we've destroyed them with far worse sides than the one we're sending out. And the idea going forward against a team that's never beaten you should always be bent on keeping it a whitewash, that's the aim of NZ over most NH sides and of most NH sides against 3rd/4th tier sides.

McBryde took a worse squad to North America 4 years ago and won quite comfortably. And from everyone who's going this time there's only 3 or 4 at most who I don't think should be there (Rhodri Jones, Pretorius, Spratt, Howells).

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 21 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Idon't think it matters whether Wales lose on a development tour playing third or fourth choice players, Biggar is the only starter on tour.

It is far more important to give untested players the chance to be part of the squad.

I hope they play well first, that we find some talent for the future second and that we win third.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 8:31 pm

course it matters....wtf are wales fans on....we sit back while the wru lets gatland and now the squad go off on his lions jolly and are now speculating defeat against JAPAN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need two big wins

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 21 May 2013, 8:39 pm

100%beefy wrote:course it matters....wtf are wales fans on....we sit back while the wru lets gatland and now the squad go off on his lions jolly and are now speculating defeat against JAPAN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need two big wins

I think there are higher priorities. The WRU and welsh coaches have done a good job of blooding young players into the squad, we have a young and talented first choice team but the step up from the Premiership to full honours is a big leap for many of these lads.

The team, despite only having Biggar as a first choice is still littered with experienced lads who will help us see the new lads come on. And hopefully playing a lower ranked team like Japan it will give a number of lads who have shown good intent to push on and stake claims for the future. Liam Williams, Ashley Beck, Brad Davies, Aaron Shingler, Lloyd Williams and Andrew Coombs all come to mind in that regard.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 8:39 pm

Every competitive game matters. This tour matters to me. I don't want to see my team lose because of some dumb selections, not after that 8 loss streak.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 21 May 2013, 8:50 pm

Japan won't be at the level they displayed at the World Cup, they are still rebuilding under Eddie Jones. They lost all their Pacific Cup matches last year (Tonga, Fiji, Samoa) where they usually win a few, and have even taken the title in the past.

Then the French Barbarians did a number on them twice. Jones had to read the riot act. Take a look at his press conference after the first Barbarians match. You start to feel sorry for his captain (and the interpreter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubao1O6Ldc (Part one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZpAnaUOi0 (Part two)

They weren't completely uncompetitive last year , but they definitely went backwards. The Asian games they played recently were no contest so the next few games will tell us a lot more about where they are. Jones has been talking a good game, and told the local press he thinks his team can win the next Pacific Nations Cup and beat Wales.

Jones wants to break into the IRB Top 10 so he'd love to get his hands on some ranking points by turning over the 5th ranked side.

They play Tonga this weekend (in Japan) and Fiji next week (in Fiji) so Welsh supporters might want to see if they can find any coverage.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 21 May 2013, 8:57 pm

Saint I cannot agree with you.The priority is to blood new players.We haven't got an A team so this is the stage for the new bloods to show their stuff.Going all out for a meaningless Win by packing the side with experienced players would be short sighted in the extreme.
I would love Wales to win every game but I would be happy to risk losing if it helped the flow of young talent into the senior squad.
World Cup ranking is no longer an issue so apart from giving the usual suspects some ammo I can't see a valid argument against prioritising player development.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 9:17 pm

i just don't get it....everyone knows that wales have put our national interest behind gatland's ambition and have suffered as a consequence, its like wales fans have suddenly turned a blind eye to it. how on earth does wales benefit from gatland's career plan? development is fundamental and a given but that is all well and good, we need a banging victory in japan otherwise how are we progressing from the 6 nations?

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 9:32 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:How bad will it be for Wales and the Welsh set up if they dont win?

Why would it be so bad? Particularly for the setup? A defeat (though it isn't going to happen, I expect) might be a very good thing as we will know then that certain players/coaches aren't cut out for international rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 21 May 2013, 9:33 pm

How will "banging win" over Japan be progress?If our youngsters do it,yes.If our senior players do it,so what?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 9:56 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:How will "banging win" over Japan be progress?If our youngsters do it,yes.If our senior players do it,so what?

because this is Wales, because we just got our butts kicked on tour, because usually failure follows success for us, because we just sent our 1st xv on a jolly which, while it may bring a reward, is in my view potentially disastrous for wales if it goes badly

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 21 May 2013, 10:30 pm

much as I'd love to see Japan get a big scalp, I just can't see it happening... yet.

Looking forward to seeing Japan 2019 tbh! I think they'll be a great host nation.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 21 May 2013, 10:45 pm

Question.

So what if they lose to Japan?

Is it going to scar them for life? No

Will the first choice be back? Yes

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 11:02 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:much as I'd love to see Japan get a big scalp, I just can't see it happening... yet.

Looking forward to seeing Japan 2019 tbh! I think they'll be a great host nation.

japan are a hugely improved side and will see a touring 2nd/3rd string Wales, poor tourists by anyone's standards, as an opportunity. Yes of course we should prevail but there are no guarantees.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 11:04 pm

Biltong wrote:Question.

oh dear

i can just imagine if this was a 2/3rd string SA side going there, sure you would be so blase then.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 21 May 2013, 11:12 pm

100%beefy wrote:

oh dear

i can just imagine if this was a 2/3rd string SA side going there, sure you would be so blase then.
you're missing the point (as you often do when someone comments on Wales)

The whole first choice squad of Wales are going on a Lions tour, the next best might lose, was it SA and they had the same scenario I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist if they lost, syre I would be disappointed, but these days the gaps are smaller between nations and without first choice teams these losses are a reality.

Just look at Australia and what happened when they put second string teams out.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 21 May 2013, 11:18 pm

The Welsh front 5 will be strong enough, both starting and on the bench.

The reality is that Shingler will have to carry the backrow without Navidi or R.Jones

The halfbacks are pretty strong - L.Williams has looked good recently, not so much Knoyle. Biggar and Patchell are our 2 form 10s!

The midfield is inexperienced, but talented - Beck and O.Williams would be a pretty strong combination

Liam Williams will have to carry the back 3, but having a strong fullback is the most important part.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 11:34 pm

Biltong wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

oh dear

you're missing the point (as you often do when someone comments on Wales)

The whole first choice squad of Wales are going on a Lions tour, the next best might lose, was it SA and they had the same scenario I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist if they lost, syre I would be disappointed, but these days the gaps are smaller between nations and without first choice teams these losses are a reality.

Just look at Australia and what happened when they put second string teams out.

And your point is that you wouldn't be disappointed ? I'm not missing anything Biltong...it's you missing the point

You suggest it is ok for a national rugby team to go on tour and because they are 2nd string a loss to a 3rd string side is acceptable...suggesting you would do anything other than get your substantial knickers in a twist if that was SA is just hilarious.....you wouldn't know whether to spit your dummy or throw your toys first.

When Wales play they should play to win and losing because of the developmental nature of the squad is simply unacceptable.Its a losing attitude. If you feel that way about SA that's your prerogative

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 21 May 2013, 11:36 pm

And you conveniently misread me saying "sure I will be disappointed"
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 11:44 pm

sorry to disappoint you but you are talking carp.....you think wales should be disappointed in that case because your own losing attitude would find that acceptable if it were SA. i do not.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 21 May 2013, 11:46 pm

It surprises me that people question whether a team should or should not "play to win". Anyone who has ever played any sport seriously plays to win.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 21 May 2013, 11:54 pm

100%beefy wrote:sorry to disappoint you but you are talking carp.....you think wales should be disappointed in that case because your own losing attitude would find that acceptable if it were SA. i do not.

Reasoning with you is a waste of time, discussing Welsh rugby with you is a waste of time.

Yeah, I 'll make sure we bring our loser attitude to the Millenium stadium, maybe then Wales can beat us.

If I knew this wasn't going to go in a beefy circle, I would ask you where I said it is acceptable, but then you manufacture rubbish out of thin air, so it is no use wasting my time here.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 21 May 2013, 11:58 pm

maestegmafia wrote:It surprises me that people question whether a team should or should not "play to win". Anyone who has ever played any sport seriously plays to win.

and for me as fans we should place that expectation squarely on wales shoulder's, there have been years of up and down, too much 'we only lost by 2 or 3 points ' we have to have consistency. anything less than a complete expectation of victory in every game is useless if we are going to start competing against the world's best

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 22 May 2013, 12:00 am

Biltong wrote:
100%beefy wrote:sorry to disappoint you but you are talking carp.....you think wales should be disappointed in that case because your own losing attitude would find that acceptable if it were SA. i do not.

Reasoning with you is a waste of time, discussing Welsh rugby with you is a waste of time.

Yeah, I 'll make sure we bring our loser attitude to the Millenium stadium, maybe then Wales can beat us.

If I knew this wasn't going to go in a beefy circle, I would ask you where I said it is acceptable, but then you manufacture rubbish out of thin air, so it is no use wasting my time here.

now that's getting your biltong filled knickers in a twist! Laugh

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 22 May 2013, 12:04 am

100%beefy wrote:
Biltong wrote:

not really, more like that feeling of relief you get after taking a dump. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 22 May 2013, 12:08 am

Biltong wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
Biltong wrote:

not really, more like that feeling of relief you get after taking a dump. Whistle

no biltong, you shot your bolt and it wasn't very impressive (as usual)

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 22 May 2013, 12:42 am

100%beefy wrote:...japan are a hugely improved side...
I've no idea why you think that. They went backwards after the World Cup and we won't know until this weekend's match against Tonga whether they have started to make progress again.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 22 May 2013, 1:10 am

Rugby Fan wrote:Japan won't be at the level they displayed at the World Cup, they are still rebuilding under Eddie Jones. They lost all their Pacific Cup matches last year (Tonga, Fiji, Samoa) where they usually win a few, and have even taken the title in the past.

Then the French Barbarians did a number on them twice. Jones had to read the riot act. Take a look at his press conference after the first Barbarians match. You start to feel sorry for his captain (and the interpreter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubao1O6Ldc (Part one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZpAnaUOi0 (Part two)

They weren't completely uncompetitive last year , but they definitely went backwards. The Asian games they played recently were no contest so the next few games will tell us a lot more about where they are. Jones has been talking a good game, and told the local press he thinks his team can win the next Pacific Nations Cup and beat Wales.

Jones wants to break into the IRB Top 10 so he'd love to get his hands on some ranking points by turning over the 5th ranked side.

They play Tonga this weekend (in Japan) and Fiji next week (in Fiji) so Welsh supporters might want to see if they can find any coverage.

Thanks for showing us that. This gives me some confidence. However, if Japan are playing Tonga and Fiji in the next two weeks then that gives them the advantage. They'll be ready for us and naturally, Wales can be very rusty in their first match which mostly happens when on tour. We could possibly see a good crows for this too now that Rugby has a higher profile down there.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 22 May 2013, 1:12 am

Biltong wrote:

Yes. Please, please bring that loser attitude with you to the Millenium Stadium. It should help us got our second ever win over you Whistle .......
I was in Tesco this morning and came across a pack of Biltong on the rack. I'm guessing that's beef jerky in your native Afrikaans.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 22 May 2013, 1:48 am

I would be disappointed if a second string AB team lost to SA or Aus. I'd be disappointed if a 3rd string AB team lost to Japan.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 22 May 2013, 3:41 am

Biltong wrote:

Biltong mate

Wales look very much like going to Japan with close to an average 3rd choice / Development team and when you look at the hooker situation with Hibbard Owen Rees not available they could well be looking at their 4th maybe 5th choice, resting of or continual injuries to key players including Rees, Ryand Jones, Charteris, Scott Williams, Owens, Priestland etc etc and with nine uncapped players its definitely has the smell of a development tour. Whilst Japan ended their HSBC Asian 5 Nations campaign with an emphatic 93-3 defeat of the United Arab Emirates to signal their intentions to once again claim the Asia 1 spot at Rugby World Cup 2015 when it is decided next year and are exuding confidence.

So understand what you are saying entirely (and not surprised at 1%beefy continual standard ripostes to anyone who makes a common sense comment against the Wales team or players ), I am sure Wales (if they lose the series) will be disappointed but not overly surprised.

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 22 May 2013, 4:36 am

fhf

are you the author of any of these articles?

http://legalnews.findlaw.com/article/07IsfwC5SW9Jd

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com//qualifying/news/newsid=2066780.html#japan+continue+lead+asia

https://www.facebook.com/TheRugbyChampionshipOfficialSite/posts/655050381187458

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 May 2013, 8:37 am

I was about to post a reply that it was more likely that Satan will skate to work tomorrow, until I saw this on that most bulletproof of sources, Wikipedia:

Japan has the fourth largest population of rugby union players in the world and the sport has been played there for over a century. There are 125,000 Japanese rugby players, 3631 official rugby clubs, and the Japan national team is ranked 13th in the world.
I suspect that you'll still be fine, though.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 22 May 2013, 8:38 am

Surely on one of these tours what you want to see is some great performances from the team and individual players. As an England fan I would much rather a brilliant performance from Attwood/Slater and May and Wade score 5 brilliant tries a game and lose rather than a stodgy 3 0 win.

I guess some of it comes down to where your weaknesses lie in the 1st team. England need some pace and creativity so I'll take our forwards getting a bloody nose for a winger to show something special.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 22 May 2013, 8:40 am

As a Wales second string squad would apparently beat every other team in the 6Ns, it would be worrying for the rest of us if Wales did lose to Japan.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 22 May 2013, 8:43 am

Wales won't lose to Japan.

Well, not unless Edwards causes rifts in the squad by singing dodgy songs at the Karaoke.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Wed 22 May 2013, 9:56 am

I really dont think Wales will lose to Japan. As a generalisation the recent Welsh second team loses to Samoa/Fiji have in part been due to the PI's physicality which I dont think Japan will have. Added to that the Welsh front five will give Wales a platform which Japan wont have.

These sort of tour games are usually close for c.60 mins and then the better conditioned team ie Wales will pull away at the end. My prediction anyway.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 22 May 2013, 10:00 am

Bathman_in_London wrote:I really dont think Wales will lose to Japan. As a generalisation the recent Welsh second team loses to Samoa/Fiji have in part been due to the PI's physicality which I dont think Japan will have. Added to that the Welsh front five will give Wales a platform which Japan wont have.

These sort of tour games are usually close for c.60 mins and then the better conditioned team ie Wales will pull away at the end. My prediction anyway.

Lets hope so.

From a welsh perspective I think a lot of fans will be excited to see the young guys and the newcomers get a start.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next