The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Scheduling

4 posters

Go down

TV Scheduling Empty TV Scheduling

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 am

Not sure if this been raised so sorry if it has but after last nights game should the TV companies have less say in when games are played.

OK I think we are all puzzled as to why a stadium like that doesn't have undersoil heating but these 8 O'Clock games are stupid in my opinion and are only played like this to accomodate the TV.

I know over the years others have been played without a hitch but its a pain for the players trying to kill time all through a Saturday, the Friday one in Cardiff few seasons back was a nightmare for fans getting home after.

If this game had been scheduled earlier then it would have gone ahead I am pretty sure.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

TV Scheduling Empty Re: TV Scheduling

Post by Woodstock Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 am

Call me old fashioned but 2-30 Kick offs should still be the way. two on Saturday and one on the Sunday. Plenty of options to be able to watch the one you missed.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 am

Its been subzero temps on the mainland for the last 10 days and the forcast for this match was known 2 or 4 days in advance. Why they didnt abandon the game earlier or bring the match forward is a mystery.

Dave Pearson is copping loads in the French news today for cancelling the match but what other choice did he have? Mr Pearson made the correct decision but he should never have been put in that position by the FFR and their TV contracts. An absolute shambles.

Correct decision made but 2 or 3 days too late.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 am

Wood,

Well I am old fashioned with you mate, I admit that its great you can watch all games 'live' now but there is part of me that longs for the days of arranging your club game for an early kick off then in to the club house to watch ' the game'.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 am

Seems the French TV viewing public always have something else to do besides watching TV before 8.00pm. We criticise the TV companies and therefore their viewing habits...... but maybe it's an idea we could try out given that on these shores, TV viewing starts with the Home buying shows in the mornings, right through to the teatime-soaps, right through to the evening soaps, right through to the 'funny' comedy panel shows at night.

Hmmm, whatever the French get up to that doesn't include TV watching (and I've heard rumours!!!!) I think I'd go along with them. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down