The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams

+10
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
Chunky Norwich
rodders
Feckless Rogue
geoff998rugby
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams Empty Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Eoin O'Malley
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Fionn Carr
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Jack McGrath
2: Sean Cronin
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Damian Browne
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin CAPTAIN
7: Shane Jennings
8: Rhys Ruddock

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Nathan White
19: Leo Auva'a
20: Dominic Ryan
21: Isaac Boss
22: Noel Reid
23: Brendan Macken

SCARLETS:

15: Dan Newton
14: Liam Williams
13: Gareth Maule CAPTAIN
12: Scott Williams
11: Andy Fenby
10: Stephen Jones
9: New Strategy. No Scrum Half!

1: Rhodri Jones
2: Emyr Phillips
3: Deacon Manu
4: Sione Timani
5: Dominic Day
6: Josh Turnbull
7: Johnathan Edwards
8: Kieran Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Craig Hawkins
17: Phil John
18: Peter Edwards
19: Damian Welch
20: Ben Morgan
21: Liam Davies
22: Adam Warren
23: Viliame Iongi

REFEREE: Nigel Owens (WRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: David Wilkinson, Stuart Gaffakin (both IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Ed Kenny (Leinster Rugby Referees), 5th OFFICIAL: John Montayne (Leinster Rugby Referees), TMO: Kevin Beggs (IRFU)

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams Empty Re: Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:09 pm

Any squad update on the fitness of Fitzgerald or Ryan?

We could really do with them back in action this week, if not for this match but for the away trip to Glasgow next week.

I hope Ireland are playing on the 2nd/3rd rather than this week. 4 games in a row shouldn’t be overkill for players who have been well rotated so far this season. The first team is a belter OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams Empty Re: Leinster V Scarlets Now with added Teams

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

Ryan Was at the press conference last week and should be hot to trot. Luke too (allegedly, mixed rumours, but hopeful) Berquist not far off either, but probably not this week.

The big question is the Shagmeister.......Gone all quiet on him....Seems to be more if than when.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

Should be news on whether Thorn is coming or not this week.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Shaggy seems to be readying himself for life as a pundit. He’s really good at it I think, he’s not just a hackneyed cliché machine.
Crying shame though, what a career.

Jen – what do you think of Berquist staying around next season. I only saw clips on him in the preseason friendlies but he looked like a classy player, but would it be worth his while to stay on for an extra year with the form that Madigan has been in?

Fingers crossed on Thorn - get the thinking cap on for the long term option though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Jaysus lot of answers hopefully coming our way this week so!

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

Any idea when the France match date will announced?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

I don't think you will see your front line players regardless of when the France game is played i.e. no Healy, Cronin, Ross, Heaslip, SOB, Reddan, Sexton, D'Arcy, McFadden or Kearney.

I don't believe Ferris, Best, Cort or Trimble will be available for Ulster and I can't believe it would be anything different for Leinster.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

Golden wrote:Any idea when the France match date will announced?

I thought I heard it would be announced today. Open to correction on that though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

Cheers mick

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:56 pm

Mickado wrote:

Jen – what do you think of Berquist staying around next season. I only saw clips on him in the preseason friendlies but he looked like a classy player, but would it be worth his while to stay on for an extra year with the form that Madigan has been in?

Isa is the only NIQ with a Leinster contract for next year. Sykes gone. Strauss qualifies, and Berquist, White and VDM out of contract.

We are allowed 4 + a project for next year.

I have heard that Berquist could go to France.

VDM is NIE as well as NIQ (having played for SA)

We need 2nd rows. Probably more than one, so I would say our project spot will go there.

The players in the other 3 positions. (McGrath, Hagan and Noel Reid) are pretty close to ready for a HC bench spot. (Well the props are for sure)

So will we keep any of VDM, Berquist and White? We will cut it fine in all 3 positions without a signing of some sort, and will be one injury away from a problem.

So I would say we will have to keep at least one or 2 but which ones?

Berquist and White are IE if they play 2 more years, VDM no.

Isa will give us cover at 10 if Sexton or Mads get hurt, and Reid is fine as a pro 12 sub.

So in a long winded roundabout answer.......No I don't think we will keep Berquist. But will keep at least one of the props.

He played well in the pre season, but was muck v the Ospreys and got injured in his next game.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:I don't think you will see your front line players regardless of when the France game is played i.e. no Healy, Cronin, Ross, Heaslip, SOB, Reddan, Sexton, D'Arcy, or Kearney.

I don't believe Ferris, Best, Cort or Trimble will be available for Ulster and I can't believe it would be anything different for Leinster.
6N bench players always go back to their province for game time on free weekends. If this is indeed a free weekend, then I would expect to see Cronin, Reddan, & McFadden

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

I think VDM is more valuable to us than White, given that Hagan is much further along in his development than McGrath. If we take it that neither of them are lifers so we can only keep one of them beyond 2014 then I’d go with Hank. Agree we don’t need to hang onto Berquist, Nacewa should be just given a 9 year contract now and we need a second row.

So next year our NIE players are – VDM, Nacewa and a lock.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

Mickado wrote:
So next year our NIE players are – VDM, Nacewa and a lock.

Presuming the lock is a project, that leaves us 2 spots to play with. So we could keep White as well and still have one to spare.

Isa for 5 year contract campaign starts now. (He finishes in May 13 atm)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:25 pm

Ireland have good options coming though at lock, I don’t think we need a project player in there, or if we do get one it will be a punt. I think we should go for an experienced international. A marquee signing would be good. The more I think about it the more I arrive at the conclusion that if Sykes had left a month or so earlier we’d be looking for Richie Gray.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:35 pm

Gray would have been an awesome signing! Him and Toner would be quite the defensive lineout!

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

I wanted Richie Gray at Leinster ever since I saw him play for Scotland. Why Sale???
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

He's got a younger brother, apparently he's very good too. That's enough for me, sign him up.

What's that you say? he's a full back? He'll play lock and he'll like it....

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Mickado wrote:He's got a younger brother, apparently he's very good too. That's enough for me, sign him up.

What's that you say? he's a full back? He'll play lock and he'll like it....

Laugh

What about someone like Nathan Sharpe or maybe some French lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Or the Fijian Number 4 at the world cup he was pretty good too

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:I don't think you will see your front line players regardless of when the France game is played i.e. no Healy, Cronin, Ross, Heaslip, SOB, Reddan, Sexton, D'Arcy, or Kearney.

6N bench players always go back to their province for game time on free weekends. If this is indeed a free weekend, then I would expect to see Cronin, Reddan, & McFadden

Thanks I couldn't remember - so we will have Court then

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:46 pm

Leinster Rugby wrote:Due to their absence through injury being longer than first anticipated, the Leinster management have decided that both Andrew Conway and Luke Fitzgerald will complete a 10 day conditioning programme in preparation for involvement in the away fixture against Glasgow.
Good to see they are taking the Glasgow fixture seriously. It is very significant, in that a win would give us great squad rotation options late in the season. (Thinking Ulster and Dragons away)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

Yeah it will make a huge difference to our HCup chances if we can rest players later in the tournament.

We have a few unsung heros who are really working hard in the Pro12, lads like Toner, VDM, Avuav'a, O'Malley and Íosa, all exceptionally good players for the pro12.

I'm glad we are going into that game with a certain amount of respect and aren't sitting on our laurels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Should be news on whether Thorn is coming or not this week.

The man from del monte..... He say Yesssssss! Official word tomorrow.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

BOOM!!!! This makes us a team to be really feared!

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

Wahey
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:07 am

The indo says we are chasing Donnacha Ryan as a long term replacement, didn't see that coming I'll admit!

What do people make of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:31 am

I was just about to do an article on it Pete. Personally I think it would be great, but I don't believe it for a second.

Savage news about Thorn. Savage.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:22 am

Ryan is a very good player and would be most welcome at Leinster. However I would take the indo article with a Siberian salt mine full of eh...salt.

Love to see Brad Thorn in Firhill on Saturday week, but realistically it will be the Ospreys in the RDS. He would have to sign this week though, to be eligible for the HC. (That's if he did not sign last Friday as rumoured)

Perhaps he fancies having a club game in Italy on his CV.........

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:11 am

According to the Indo he's more likely to make his first start away to Aironi. Which would be a decent match to break him in...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:35 am

So how many matches would he get with us before the 1/4 final?

Glad he appears to be coming, hope we get him on the pitch nice and early.

Not sure what I'd think of us signing Ryan, of all the Munster lads he'd probably be the forward who'd most suit our style. Would it leave Munster a bit bare as well? I think I'd like him next season would be good for him to be a constant starter. Him and Toner would be good together I think if Ryan could buy into playing the enforcer role

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

Ryan would be a fantastic signing, but I just don’t believe it’s going to happen. More likely that’s he’s looking for a new contract at Munster and his agent had a word in Farrelly’s ear.

Pete, here’s our possible fixture list for the rest of the season:

Pro12 – Scarlets – Home
Pro12 – Glasgow – Away
Pro12 – Aironi – Away
Pro12 – Ospreys – Home
Pro12 – Munster – Away
HC – Cardiff – Home
Pro12 – Edinburgh – Home
Pro12 – Ulster – Away
HC Semi Final*
Pro12 – Dragons – Away
Pro12 Semi Final*
HC Final*
Pro12 Final*

*not yet qualified (for the pendants)

Last edited by Mickado on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:56 am

Cheers Mick,

I imagine Ryan is quite frustrated that he DOC has been given another 2 year deal and that Kidney has picked him over himself. Pretty sure DOC got an IRFU contract yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:05 am

So I believe yeah.

He might be frustrated with that, but he’s still being picked to start for Munster so I guess he can’t complain. He would be a great foil for Toner though, a fine player.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

You left out the pro 12 semi. We start a possible 10 games in 10 weeks stint on the 23rd of March. Minimum 7 games as we are realistically not going to miss a pro 12 semi at this stage.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

Right you are Jen, it wasn't on my wallet sized fixture list. Will update my list.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:12 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Should be news on whether Thorn is coming or not this week.

The man from del monte..... He say Yesssssss! Official word tomorrow.

Shocked How long is he going to stay for? That will be a big boost to Leinsters HEC chances, not that you need it!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:14 am

Rodders, every news report (and ERC Rules) say it’s going to be 3 months. Until the end of the season. He’s still contracted to a Japanese team for next year.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:17 am

How long is Leo out for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:23 am

8 weeks. All things going well, should be back around the time of the HC quarter final.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:26 am

Ok so probably won't play that and then hopefully will be up to speed for the 1/2.

Things looking good boys! Keep up the good work!

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:30 am

No harm to Leo, he's an industrious and wily old war horse, but Thorn is in a different class, he'll have a real impact on the pack I'm sure.

I'm sure the players will learn a lot just training along side him.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

I hope I’m not expecting too much. I’m going to temper my expectations, I’ll be delighted if he comes because we’re in bad need of second row cover, but he’s not going to walk on water. If he’s as solid as Hines was when he first started (without being as influential as he was when he left) then I’ll be happy. Anything else is a bonus.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

I imagine you got the right idea there Mick but on top of that he will prob teach guys like Toner and Flanagan more than Hines could/did.

He will also supply leadership that Hines couldn't give and a winning mentality second to very few.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I imagine you got the right idea there Mick but on top of that he will prob teach guys like Toner and Flanagan more than Hines could/did.

He will also supply leadership that Hines couldn't give and a winning mentality second to very few.

Expectations growing... OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:29 am

Listened to the lads on off the ball last night and it seems Thorn is as good as signed. Would love to hear it formally though.

Should be a team announcement today, given that ROG and D Ryan are expected to line out against Treviso I’m sure we can expect McFadden, Reddan and Cronin to be available to us? Would be surprised to see either Mark Flanagan or McLaughlin in the second row for this game, given Browne’s early departure last week. I’d guess we’ll be looking at something like:

VDM – Cronin – White
Flanagan – Toner
McLaughlin – Auva’a – Jennings
Reddan – Madigan
Carr – McFadden – O’Malley – Kearney
Nacewa

Strauss – McGrath – Hagan – Ruddock – Ryan – Reddan – Reid – Hudson

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:01 am

Mickado wrote:I hope I’m not expecting too much. I’m going to temper my expectations, I’ll be delighted if he comes because we’re in bad need of second row cover, but he’s not going to walk on water.

Brad Thorn doesn't need to walk on water...the sea will part at his mere presence! Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

Danny Care can't walk on water, but he can drive on 15 pints....

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

Scarlets team to play Leinster Friday 17th February 2012 kick off 7.35, RDS: 15 Dan Newton, 14 Liam Williams, 13 Gareth Maule ©, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Andy Fenby, 10 Stephen Jones, 1 Rhodri Jones, 2 Emyr Phillips, 3 Deacon Manu, 4 Sione Timani, 5 Dominic Day, 6 Josh Turnbull, 7 Johnathan Edwards, 8 Kieran Murphy

Replacements: 16 Craig Hawkins, 17 Phil John, 18 Peter Edwards, 19 Damian Welch, 20 Ben Morgan, 21 Liam Davies, 22 Adam Warren, 23 Viliame Iongi.

Very surprised we've gone with Ben on the bench, guess we are rewarding Murphy though. Turnbull and JEdwards need to seriously up their game from how they played against Glasgow if we are going to have any chance of securing quick ball. Scott Williams...big ask for him. he wasn't on great form leading up to his call up and he hasn't played properly for 3-4 weeks now. Am expecting him to be pretty rusty. Same goes for Stevo and Sanjay really.

Expecting a disjointed 1st half, and hope we come good in the 2nd half. Just hope we don't let Leinster steam roller us as they are really on form at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

Gutted Ben Morgan is on the bench. Good enough to be respectable in Dublin.

Would be pleased with a losing bonus point.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next