The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

+15
The Boss
tcribb
Nico the gman
The Galveston Giant
NathanDB10
Rowley
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
johnson2
Fists of Fury
Super D Boon
Benelio
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? Empty Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

The guy resigned from SKY because of his patronising comments toward Women....

Should he really be presenting on Boxnation?????

To me it's a fair question???.......To ask>>

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? Empty Re: Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by hampo17 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

Probably not but he also walked in to a job at talksport.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? Empty Re: Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

Yes but talksport has a lot of morons on it.....

Had Galloway on it and the wally Gaunt on it...So it likes controversial people...

They trade on being outspoken and controversial...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:51 am

Forgive and forget I say. It's not like the guy did anything criminal. I don't really get behind this mentality that someone should be sacked the moment they make a daft comment, and prevented from ever working in their industry again.

The number of female presenters that make equivalent patronising comments against men is probably a lot higher. Often notice the female presenters on BBC news making male generalisations about Bill Turnbull, their co-host, and then there's 'Loose Women', that sometimes turns into something reminiscant of a cackling Hen party. These incidents don't bother me, but the inequality in how its perceived does.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Wasn't just the one comment though was it? There where multiple videos released where he was doing stuff that would get any normal person in to trouble in the work place and he should be no different, there's gentle banter and then theres joining in when Andy Gray asks the female co-host to put her hands down his pants and tuck him in. Plus the guys a grade A tool.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

Whilst I agree with a poster's comment on the inequality of it all with women being allowed to get away with gender stereotyping, I nevertheless find Richard "No lips" Keys to be an odious man.

His ridiculous partnership with Andy Gray is the single most reason I chose not to renew my Sky Subscription.

I remember his stupid act with Gray where he pretends to be the dumb anchor man while guru Andy explains to him in "scientific" detail about what went on in the match. It was such a tired formula! Are we seriously meant to beleive that No Lips, who was the chairperson of Manchester City, has been involved in Sky Sports football since its inception STILL knows nothing about football!!

I don't agree with him having to bear a cross forever on the sexist incident but I think he shouldn't be on TV full stop because he's a damn awful clown of a presenter!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

I don't watch football, so have no idea of his sky sports history bar the following:

The 'Smash It' comments
The lineswoman offside comments.
Him interrupting Sky's broadcast of Summerslam '92 to give 20 minutes of football updates, causing 'Crush Vs Repo Man' to not be shown on TV.

Wasn't aware of the trousers incident though.

Personally reckon he's been doing a decent job on BoxNation though. Seems like he's playing the role of the 'dumb anchor' man again, but with Bunce, and this time it's probably more genuine.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

Keys appalling boxing knowledge is my primary concern. He has been shown up to be utterly clueless when asking some simply ridiculous questions to Buncey at times on there.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

Yeah as Fists says I don't think he's playing the role this time Smile

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Keys appalling boxing knowledge is my primary concern. He has been shown up to be utterly clueless when asking some simply ridiculous questions to Buncey at times on there.

But that's his game. Being involved in football for over 20 years he's still "clueless".

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Sky presenters arent much better, just look at the rankings they produce.

Shameful.

Wonder which mod will remove this comments. Sure you can find a rule it has broken...

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

johnson2 wrote:
Wonder which mod will remove this comments. Sure you can find a rule it has broken...

You're a strange little man, Jack. Are you attempting to take Jonesy title as angriest poster?

As for the thread, it was absolutely right that he got the push/walked from Sky. Football has insulated itself from the 'real' world for for too long already and his behaviour shouldn't be tolerated in any way shape or form. It was a tiny, tiny step towards football trying to regain some kind of moral compass.

He shouldn't be banned from TV forever though, he is just a wally, not some kind of criminal, or worse, a politician.

As for his stint on Boxnation, I can't really comment, as strangely enough, I haven't subscribed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
johnson2 wrote:

You're a strange little man, Jack. Are you attempting to take Jonesy title as angriest poster?

Who you calling little.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:09 pm

johnson2 wrote:

As for the thread, it was absolutely right that he got the push/walked from Sky. Football has insulated itself from the 'real' world for for too long already and his behaviour shouldn't be tolerated in any way shape or form. It was a tiny, tiny step towards football trying to regain some kind of moral compass.

He shouldn't be banned from TV forever though, he is just a wally, not some kind of criminal, or worse, a politician.

As for his stint on Boxnation, I can't really comment, as strangely enough, I haven't subscribed.

Think I've got to disagree with you there Tino. Apart from the 'tuck me in' comments which were by Gray, Keys' comments in many work environments would've gone unpunished and in more modern (usually office) workplaces would have earned him a reprimand (probably formal written warning) but not constructive dismissal. The fact that what was said by the pair was no worse than what's said on Loose Women every (work)day of the week is sympotomatic of the ridiculous double-standards that plague today's society and are more likely to breed prejudice and misogyny than tackle it.

I do however agree he's a wally, he made a complete prat of himself, and I've not missed him nor Gray (who I could never stand in the first place) since they left.

In answer to the OP however I would say the only thing that's relevant (and should ever be relevant) is the applicant's ability to do the job. It is for this reason and this reason only that I don't think Keys should be on Boxnation.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: You're a strange little man, Jack. Are you attempting to take Jonesy title as angriest poster?

Jog on Tino - bit of a numpty really aren't you

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:14 pm

Can we all take it down a notch please, have better things to do with my day than remove posts or clean up petty arguments and name calling

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

rowley wrote:Can we all take it down a notch please, have better things to do with my day than remove posts or clean up petty arguments and name calling

Someone tries to mug me off - i'm going to respond

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

rowley wrote:have better things to do with my day

No you don't.

But point taken, was only having a giggle with my old buddy, Jack.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

I'm stopping now, for sure. I had no idea I was messing with Danny Dyer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:
rowley wrote:Can we all take it down a notch please, have better things to do with my day than remove posts or clean up petty arguments and name calling

And someone continues to ignore requests from the moderation team or the house rules I'll ban them, am happy to continue this to see who it ends well for, or we can all behave and move on

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

You're not - you'll do well to remember that warning

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

Maybe Keys came cheap......Or maybe because the World of Boxing is a male dominated ..he's believed to be some kind of male-hero in this Country!!!

Surely there are other young presenters that deserve a shot at presenting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

In response yto the OP:

I also believe Keys shouldn't be presenting on this channel! Not because of past exploits but because he has not got a clue about boxing!

There has been numerous occasions whilst listening to him discuss boxing that i've wanted to chew my own ears off if I could!! Thank god they have people like Buncy to correct him and really put him in his place

How can Boxing hope to appeal to the masses when the only dedicated channel does not even put in place presenters with experience and expertise in the sport?

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

Valid points Jonesy boy............He's probably on there because he's established as a name and is cheap...

Shame some young enthusiastic guy/girl that likes his/her Boxing hasn't been given a break..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

Was wondering how long it'd take for Tino's bumchum to pop up...... Hug

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Valid points Jonesy boy............He's probably on there because he's established as a name and is cheap...

Shame some young enthusiastic guy/girl that likes his/her Boxing hasn't been given a break..

Would've been the perfect start for someone new boxing enthusiast / presenter come on the scene... I just hope the casual boxing fan takes whatever Key's says with a pinch of salt!

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

Yeh, alright Danny, now get back to your pie mash and jellied eels.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:54 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:

Laugh

Yeh, alright Danny, now get back to your pie mash and jellied eels.....

Quite like pie & mash and jellied eels thanks - don't see how thats a diss??

Now please direct yaself back to Tino's pants and don't leave it's vicinity until he gives you permission! thumbsup

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

Any chance we can all stop trying to have the last word on this thread because I can promise you all it will not be any of you that gets the last word. Either debate the topic or move on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:09 pm

Rowley as a moderator! I leave for a few weeks and this happens!!

Anyway, please could somebody have a rethink with the advertisement on this site? It looks as though Klitsckho is a skinny rake and Chisora a muscled giant!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:11 pm

Super D Boon wrote:

Anyway, please could somebody have a rethink with the advertisement on this site? It looks as though Klitsckho is a skinny rake and Chisora a muscled giant!

Ha, think that is the idea mate, convince people Dereck has a chance, is subliminal marketing, you get to feel clever for having seen through it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

Seems I'm late to this party, but for my money, I don't think Keys should be on boxnation for the simple fact that every time I've seen him, he appears to know next to nothing about boxing, not because of any past mistakes.

All his comments and "anaylsis" seem forced, just so he can fit in. I used to know a guy who watched the sopranos just so he could talk about it with us the next day and fit in. Keys gives off the same sort of vibes, I'm not sure he really cares about boxing as a sport, more so he is just doing it for a job on TV.

Also, I think boxnation gave him a job the same reason talksport did, because they think their typical audience (as they believe them to be) probably don't care about the sexism stuff, and maybe even agree with Keys'/Grey's views on it.

I saw Carol Vorderman interview Cleverly on boxnation a few days ago, it would be interesting to see if Keys presents a show with her.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

Thanks, I feel right clever for spotting that as it happens! Very Happy

Anyway, congratulations on your promotion! Is there any extra pay or is it a development opportunity? Smile

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Super D Boon wrote:

Anyway, congratulations on your promotion! Is there any extra pay or is it a development opportunity? Smile

I was offered absolute fortunes to take the job, but to be honest the chance to follow all you around cleaning up petty arguments and increasingly creative attempts to get round the swear filter were obviously reward enough

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

Good man. Declining your big fat pay raise during these austere times is a gesture to be lauded!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

I find keys too hairy, he's annoying thats for sure.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I find keys too hairy, he's annoying thats for sure.

I heard he had the hair removed from his hands with the advent of HD TV. Could have been rubbish though.

If he did, he must be regretting that now he is on Boxnation, he could wear a chewbacca suit and no-one would notice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

Wouldn't mind presenting a show with vorderman....

Maybe the... lover's guide to Better sex... or something

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Come to think of it. Does Martin Tyler still do Sky football? Can't stand that guy either. He's a complete moron who screams when anyone scores. They should have thrown the book at him too!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I find keys too hairy, he's annoying thats for sure.

I heard he had the hair removed from his hands with the advent of HD TV. Could have been rubbish though.

If he did, he must be regretting that now he is on Boxnation, he could wear a chewbacca suit and no-one would notice.

Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

Screams when Utd score more like......Ferguson backside licker..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

Yeah i hate when he screams Rooney, i can hear it now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:30 pm

I couldn't stand Richard Keys on Sky,smug git and not that knowledgeable on football and same boxing knowledge nil.

Sack Keys and replace him with Holly Willoughby or Kelly Brooks same boxing expertise as Keys, but hell who cares might as well look at something good talking rubbish.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm

Holly Willoughby half naked please...

and then I'll subscribe......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm

I agree Nico, why not if they both have the same knowledge.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

Richard Keys actually presented Sky's ringside program in the early 90s when the excellent Gary Norman departed so his knowledge isn't that limited, as for the question no I don't think he should I'd much prefer someone like Paul Dempsey.

But anything other an Glenn McCrory and Adam Smith
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

You're Right...can't stand McCrory he's so prone to over-exaggeration and hyperbole....

Smith is butt licker extraordinaire..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Totally agree mate !

I don't like anyone really come to think of it, maybes just skip the presenting!
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

tcribb wrote:Totally agree mate !

I don't like anyone really come to think of it, maybes just skip the presenting!

Howabout a narration by Morgan Freeman linking everything together?

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next